Start by marking “Consequences (D.I. Jack Dylan #2)” as Want to Read:
Consequences (D.I. Jack Dylan #2)

Consequences (D.I. Jack Dylan #2)

From the authors of 'Deadly Focus' comes their second book in the 'D.I. Jack Dylan' series. Detective Inspector Jack Dylan's list of things to do is getting out of control. He has two unconnected murders to solve. One victim is a small child and the other a young woman; plus a missing detective to find. Long hours are part of the job, but does he have the time to figure ou ...more
Published March 19th 2012 by Caffeine Nights (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Consequences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consequences

May 19, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
DI Jack Dylan is back and boy does he have some harrowing cases to solve.

I really enjoyed catching back up with Dylan who is now living with the lovely Jen. Dawn, Dylans colleague, I loved in the first book as her and Dylan have some great banter going on. Due to her being pregnant she seems to take a bit more of a back seat in this book but it does tie in nicely with the storyline.

To be honest the crimes that need solving in Consequences are certainly not for the faint hearted. A woman burned
Linda
Mar 21, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Detective Jack Dylan Wanted The Double Murder Of Two Innocent Children Over With But Of Course The Twat Pleaded Not Guilty Therefore Throwing The Case Further Back With Delays! It Was He And Jen's Plan To Go To The Isle Of Wright But He Was Stuck In Traffic And Jen Would Be Furious. Jack Got Out Of His Car To See What Was The Hold Up And Discovered A Man Was Threatening To Jump Off The Bridge And Wasn't It His Luck To Be An Available Negotiator?

Wow, Two Gruesome Murders, A Blackmailing, And A Th
Dorothy Mccoy
Feb 24, 2012 Dorothy Mccoy rated it it was amazing
I just completed "Consequences" and I was blown away by the storyline. The characters are exceptionally well defined; the dramatic, genuine police situations and dialogue are superb and I enjoyed the continuity of tying in the current book with "Deadly Focus.” I loved their first book, yet this one is 100 times better.T he Bridgestocks have grown tremendously as professional writers in this very brief period. I am amazed and delighted by their professional progress. As a former cop, let me advis ...more
Gail
Jan 05, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This is a brilliant sequel to Deadly Focus. I love DI Jack Dylan and his lovely partner, Jen.

This is a little more slick than the first book but is equally as addictive.

I was extremely upset at some of the content but I knew my hero, Jack Dylan, would seek revenge (vague, so as not to spoil the terrific plot) and justice would be served.

I didn't like Patrick at times as he just didn't fit in with a brilliant team. Love Dawn and Vicky.

Really enjoyed this and couldn't put it down. Time for number
Geraldine Evans
Even better than Deadly Focus, if that's possible. Experience has brought that certain assurance to the writing, which is compelling. This story has a rich mix of knowledge, emotions and characterisation, which makes for a truly enthralling reading experience.

Second books are always said to not quite live up to the debut. Boy, that doesn't apply in this case! First class and a well-deserved five stars.

Well done, R C Bridgestock. Please hurry up with the next one.
Samfarren
Mar 19, 2012 Samfarren rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. After reading the debut book I couldn't wait for the next, and it did not disappoint. Only that I now have to wait to read the next in the series. It opened my eyes to a world I never think of and I felt like I knew the people in the story. Excellently written and very gripping. Can't wait for the next one.
Julie Stott
Apr 30, 2012 Julie Stott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-books
Again, another excellent read, cant wait for the next one!!
Julia Attwater
May 13, 2012 Julia Attwater rated it it was amazing
Read this book in less than 2 days. Really enjoyed it, couldn't wait to find out how it concluded and now I have finished I just want to read more .... and more!
Loved the place names!
The Book Review Café
Jul 24, 2016 The Book Review Café rated it really liked it
From the authors of ‘Deadly Focus’ comes the second book in the ‘D.I. Jack Dylan’ series, although Consequences could be read as a standalone it’s well worth reading Deadly Focus first just because it’s such a good book and you will also get a feel for the characters. Consequences is a very gritty and compelling read, but a word of warning this book isn’t for the faint hearted. I found the descriptions regarding the murdered child made for an uncomfortable and heartbreaking read, but in the auth ...more
Julie
Jul 23, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the D.I. Jack Dylan series and it picks up a few months after the first, Deadly Focus. Jack and Jen are still a couple but they aren't out as a couple just yet, they are keeping it quiet as they know what it's like in a police station. Just a hint of a rumour and it will be around the station in no time.

This time Dylan has his hands full with the murder of a young woman in a park alongside her burnt out car, half a million pounds missing from her bank account, a dead c
Carol Bridgestock
Jun 25, 2012 Carol Bridgestock rated it it was amazing
Consequences is a terrific title choice. In the second novel of this fledgling series, Detective Inspector Jack Dylan makes the choice to save a “jumper,” never giving a thought to the consequences of that choice. A blackmailed woman turns to a flawed policeman for help, the consequences of that choice leading to betrayal and a creepy death. There’s no mystery this time: RC Bridgestock’s latest Jack Dylan novel reveals all the players at the outset. This choice is risky, as it kills or greatly s ...more
Jo
Jun 15, 2014 Jo rated it liked it
Ok so perhaps I was a bit harsh with my review of the first DI Dylan book. Jack and Jen are starting to grow on me, but I'm still a bit frustrated with the "Yorkshire"-isms. In my mind, when they are speaking I know they have Yorkshire accents. So why every now and then to we get an "'ave" part way through a speak which also has "had".
Sorry I'm being picky! And the font still drives me crazy! :)
Hasn't stopped me borrowing book 3 from the library!!
Graham
Oct 02, 2016 Graham rated it liked it
This is a weirdly uneven book. The story line is fairly strong, and I like the unexpected insights into the bureaucracy of policing obviously derived from long-lived personal experience that hardly any other author provides. But. One, I can't stand the fawning constant references to "the Isle of Wight" as if it were Arcadia. Two, the(ir) command of strong verbs, punctuation, plurals versus possessives, and above all lie and lay is utterly hopeless. Do invest in a competent copy editor.
Gary Van Cott
Jan 06, 2017 Gary Van Cott rated it liked it
This book was ok but I thought the final resolution to the various crimes was too neat. Also this book (I read the kindle edition) has what I believe are a number of odd sentences. Not typos, but missing words or with added words that don't make sense. I know that British English and American English are slightly different, but this isn't something I usually encounter.
Terry Norton
Sep 11, 2015 Terry Norton rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy these books.
Charlotte Brown
Aug 10, 2015 Charlotte Brown rated it it was amazing
Love it !!!
Pat
Feb 18, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
A vast improvement on the first book. The authors are hitting their straps now. This story was much more engaging and interesting.
Eva
May 28, 2012 Eva rated it it was amazing
My complete review can be found on my blog.
David
Apr 06, 2014 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I am getting to enjoy my time with Jack Dylan, very good.
angela carol wood
angela carol wood rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2016
elizabeth muir
elizabeth muir rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Sallie Mchenry
Sallie Mchenry rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Richard Pauley
Richard Pauley rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Teresa Larkin-Milne
Teresa Larkin-Milne rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2016
Catherine Forbes
Catherine Forbes rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2016
nmarieanne
nmarieanne rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Mrs P M Knapton
Mrs P M Knapton rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2017
Margaret Stutts
Margaret Stutts rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Deborah Ross
Deborah Ross rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

D.I. Jack Dylan (7 books)
  • Deadly Focus (D.I. Jack Dylan #1)
  • White Lilies (D.I. Jack Dylan #3)
  • Snow Kills (D.I. Jack Dylan #4)
  • Reprobates (D.I. Dylan #5)
  • Killer Smile (D.I. Jack Dylan #6)
  • When the Killing Starts (D.I. Jack Dylan #7)