Start by marking “Beauty and the Beast (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Beast (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

Beauty and the Beast (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  610 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Belle was bored with her life in a tiny village. She longed for excitement and adventure! And that's just what she found the day she set off to rescue her father from a frightening beast.
40 pages
Published 2002 by Groiler (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Beast

Alison
Bennett cried when the Beast turned human again. Daddy says it's because this is a girl book and beasts>princes!
Marie-Josee Larouche
Dec 21, 2014 Marie-Josee Larouche rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People of love Disney's classic stories, children
Recommended to Marie-Josee by: My mom and aunt
This was one among many Disney classics that was read to me by my mom or aunt as a bedtime story when I was growing up. This story taught me the value of inner beauty, and not focusing on what someone may looks like or their race. We're all the same on the inside, and equally s beautiful. The Prince in this story just needed that reminder. I have always loved this story because of that concept. It teaches children of the importance of making friends and loving others without the care of what one ...more
Jenny
omg i loveeeed this.... shout out to 7th grade!
Natalie
Ah, Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney animated movie ever. Why is it so good?

Because . . .

It tells a story from beginning to end, takes in the Disney fairy-tale formula, adds in a perfect musical, with memorable characters, and shows great animation.

The beginning of the movie is pretty awesome with doing a narrating with stained glass windows. A prince who had little to no love in his heart was turned into a beast by an enchantress. If he could learn to love someone and earn their love in
Racquel
Caylina
I remember reading this book when I was younger. I got it after seeing Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Ice. This book was by far my favorite children's book. The pages inside were so beautifully done and of a heavier quality. I unfortunately don't know whatever happened to it so I'll be on the hunt for a new one. I would highly recommend for any Disney fan.
Sam Shaneybrook
Beauty and the Beast is a great children's book for ages 5-8. Beauty and the Beast is about a spell put on a prince to make him a beast until love's fist kiss. Belle, the heroine in the book, goes to the Beast's castle to get her father back, whom is captured. In return for her dad, Belle must stay as the prisoner instead. Beauty and the Beast is a timeless classic about love and liking yourself for who you are. The illustrations in the book are very well done. They are big and the coloring coin ...more
Joy
This is a longer picture book based on the Disney movie. The art is a little "off."

Belle trades herself as a prisoner to the Beast in her father's place.
María
Lo he encontrado tras años sin tener noticias de él. Estaba en casa de mi abuela y tenía que ponerlo aquí.

Fue el primero libro que me regalaron, apenas recuerdo como lo leía -apenas no, no lo recuerdo-, y tampoco sé quién me lo regaló, tengo que preguntar a mi madre.

Creo que fue este libro -y la película- y Bella quienes me inculcaron el placer por la lectura, ver a una protagonista que no paraba de leer me gustó mucho, por eso me identifico tanto con ella, imagino que a muchas otras lectoras l
Caitlin England
Disney is just the best isn't it? Haha :)
Sam.
Kristin
Quick and simple reading of beauty and the beast.
Tracey Hart
My mom got me this book when I was a little girl. She also got me a Beauty and the Beast sleeping bag and tent. I loved Beauty and the Beast because Bell read books and I felt like she was much more interesting than the other disney girls.
Racheln6
I think Beauty and the Beast book is a romantic book. Beauty and the Beast is a book for people who like princesses and romance. My favorite part about the book is when Beauty and the Beast fall in love.
Sally
And THIS one is the smaller, paperback edition! (Hardcover also owned.)
Sally
This one is the large folio hardcover edition. (Paperback also owned.)
Sheila
The classic Disney story on which the Disney movie is based. This telling was enjoyed by my daughter during her Disney Princesses phase.
Taylor Darst
All the kids loved this book at work when we read it. A lot had seen the movie so they could make the book come to life.
Robert
It's difficult to tell a story in five pages. Even so, this is a watered-down version of a Disney story. Ho hum.
Benjamin Plume
These were not really all that great except that they followed the movies. Still something kids should have a few of.
Lady Belinda
Just a shortened version of the Walt Disney movie. Great story with artwork from the movie.
Tasia
While faithful to the movie, the pacing is a bit fast with poor transitions.
Annemarie
One of my favorite books as a child. And now as an adult. :)
Murlene
Don't judge someone by their appearence.
Theresa
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Ethan M.
it said "Disney." thats all i need to know.
Jessica (Books: A true story)
I won this in a school drawing for good behavior!
Partridge Public
Disney K-1st
Jaime
Nice little board book for toddlers!
Shadow
A great children's book
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • The Resistance (Animorphs, #47)
  • Fruits Basket: The Complete Collection
  • Mouse (Five Ancestors, #6)
  • Disney Tangled (Little Golden Book)
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 176 books)
  • The Hundred and One Dalmatians (The Hundred and One Dalmatians, #1)
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin and the Sly Magician (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)