Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #3)

Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #3)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Trevor and Cassandra Bauer’s romance continues to burn even after a near death, their wedding, working cases for the NSA, and their own personal investigation into the disappearance of Trevor’s parents. Trevor’s birthday is on the horizon and Cassandra is beating her head against the keyboard trying to find the right gift. Inspiration finally hits in the form of a house-wa...more
Published February 24th 2012 by Erie Publishing (first published February 15th 2012)

Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey’s little short story, CUFFED AT MIDNIGHT is a quick look at how Trevor and Cassandra are doing now that they are married and living in Dublin. It’s Trevor’s birthday and Cassandra wants to give him the perfect birthday present. Outside the box thinking...

See my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (March 17, 2012)
Karissa
Who would have thought that Cassandra James... apologies, Cassandra Bauer has a naughty streak? But with a little, unintended help from her best friend Jessica (or not that unintended) and her service handcuffs, the result is a birthday present whereby the Geekster has no idea just what hit him, or cuffed in this situation.

This delightful short story is a quick read that will leave you with a smile. Highly recommended!
Roxanne
Gives me an idea on what I should do to my husband.......
Sloane
Cuffed at Midnight, the short following Countermeasure was a very enjoyable read. Seeing a happy, relaxed side of Trevor and Cassandra as they moved forward and started their new life together in Dublin was great. I was not expecting the "present" that Cassandra gave Trevor for his birthday and her execution of her gift was amazing!
Amy R
Can I just say that Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey know how to title their books? Well, in Cuffed at Midnight we watch new wife Cassandra try to figure out what to get her geek of a husband, Trevor, for his birthday. What do you get someone like him? He pretty much has everything he wants. She comes up with something hot. Want to know what it is? Well...I'm not going to tell you...because you will LOVE it. The bytes of life that Chris and Cecilia put out in between their full length novels are...more
Mark Woods
Trevor Bauer is a former NSA Operative haunted by his past. His parents disappeared a few years ago, are presumed dead at sea and he has become obsessed with discovering the truth behind what REALLY happened. Former CIA Agent, Cassandra James has her own issues; she left The Agency after being wounded in the line of duty and is now married to Bauer and working independently with him in Dublin where they seek clues to the truth about his parents disappearance whilst working as freelance agents.

Th...more
Guilty Pleasures
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

With Cuffed at Midnight we get a quick short glance at how things are moving along with Trevor and Cassandra. Trevor’s birthday is approaching and she is at a loss trying to come up with the perfect gift for a geek who has everything (her words, not mine). She wants it to be special and meaningful where it is his first birthday together. She finally settles on the one gift she knows he will enjoy and love….her.

This short story comes complete wit...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

If you thought Countermeasures was graphic, this little short will leave you gasping as it isn’t long before we get very firmly (excuse the pun) into the action! If you are at all prudish then this DEFINITELY isn’t for you as it details sexual acts very graphically between two very consenting adults. To say it made me break into a bit of a sweat is an understatement! But though this certainly ISN’T my usual type of read, I did find it a lot of...more
Gaele
AudioBook Review
Stars: Overall 5 Narration 5 Story 5

I adore these vignettes that focus on the quiet moments of life for Cassie and Trevor, and Cuffed at Midnight is one that starts with a simple moment of panic in their lives together: Trevor’s birthday and just what to give him for a present.

Almeida and Aubrey have created the couple that you want to know, or want to be: their humor, their obvious affection for one another, and one of the most interesting gifting scenes that I have ever encoun...more
Rhayne
This short story comes complete with handcuffs, edible body oil, and a lot of tangled body parts. Trevor becomes more aware that he fully belongs to Cassandra. He realizes that she is the one that completes him and the one person that he can trust unconditionally.
I am really loving these snippets into this couples lives. The sex is scorching hot, the passion is genuine and real, and it’s all tied up with a bow of true encompassing love.

Complete Review Posted Here: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookr...more
Candy
Cassandra has a BIG problem. Trevor's birthday is coming up and she has no clue what to get the Geek who has everything. Inspiration strikes when she remembers a set of handcuffs in her closet and she surprises Trevor with a gift he isn't likely to forget anytime soon.
This is a great second addition to the Bytes of Life series that give the readers a slice of life in the Countermeasure series. Everything that you love about Countermeasure and To Russia with Love is in this book. And it's guaran...more
Lori Myers
Let the hotness begin....I needed a cigarette after this one- and I don't even smoke! This one is a lot more .....eh.....racy? Sexy? This one, I think, has all the sex that was left out of all the others....Chris and Cecilia snared me with the edible chocolate body oil....yeah...I didn't even know I harbored those thoughts! bummer that payday is a few more days away....groceries or books???? tough question for me, knowing that more of these books are on my horizon!
Ches
Another short story about the daily life of Cassie and Trevor...

What do you get a Geek that has EVERYTHING?!?! Cassie faced this problem with her new hubby....

Her solution....be creative! A little massage oil and handcuffs at the stroke of midnight on Trevor's birthday...Surprise!!!!

Lynn Hallbrooks
This is another of the bytes of life books (short story) that I really enjoyed reading.

This book finds Trevor heading towards his birthday and Cassandra not knowing what to get for him. Will her present please Trevor?

Sheila
Cassie needs a birthday present for Trevor and comes up with the idea of handcuffs and oils that her friend had sent them. She has her way with him. It's been done before. Nothing new in the presentation of the story.
Kimberly
I absolutely love this series. And these authors are AMAZING! Thanks Chris and Cecilia for another fabulous read!
Ivy
Nice birthday present!
Phuong
Phuong marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Ren
Ren marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
AnnaM
AnnaM marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Pearl Devlin
Pearl Devlin marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Shurrn
Shurrn added it
Jan 09, 2014
Lady March Hare
Lady March Hare marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
DeAnna Felthauser
DeAnna Felthauser marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Chris Almeida (also known as C. Almeida) began writing children’s stories at a very young age. Born in Brazil but currently living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Chris’ life took a totally different course when technology came into play, and the following 17 years were spent delving deep into the world of programming and web design.
It was in 2010, when Chris began role playing online as a hobby, tha...more
More about Chris Almeida...
Countermeasure (Countermeasure, #1) Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #1) To Russia With Love (Countermeasure, #2) Ecstasy by the Sea (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #2) Passion At Dawn (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #4)