Start by marking “Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)

Going Berserk (Berserker's Mates #1.5)

This story is a free read offered by the author and the publisher. It can be downloaded here: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/go...

Published February 2012 by Evernight Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Going Berserk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Berserk

Melanie
Dec 27, 2012 Melanie rated it it was ok
First, please let me say that I haven't read anything else by Alexandra O'Hurley. Sadly, based strictly upon this short read, I'm not entirely sure I want to give anything else a chance. I got this as a freebie.

There is simply no real feeling connection here. It's "I'm here so now you've got to have sex asap or go feral, so I don't want anyone else to have you because my animalistic side wants you, so tonight we're going to do it so that no one else can claim you."

Then it feels like the author
Proserpine
Mar 05, 2012 Proserpine rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great short story!!! Damn! I like to be blown away by something unusual as berserker’s story!!! YAY, you just can't imagine how berserkers became my new kind of candy: to sink my teeth into!!! But wait, I'm still a vampires freak! You know sometimes, you need to read different things and as much I love to read about werewolves, the berserkers have something special, almost prohibited...

I was complaining about the fact that there wasn't enough story about or with these supernatural cre
Carrie
Feb 16, 2013 Carrie rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal, read-2013
Picked up this free short a while back, just now getting a chance to read it. It started out interesting and I was curious about the world...then we got to the 'What? You don't want my handsome but oh so tortured-" errrrr....*censored* "-ass. Tough shit lady. Genetically speaking, you don't have a choice. Now get in my bed" and whatever possible story interest I had fled the room with the girl's ability to form coherent thoughts. I think their mindless, animal instinct driven sex lasted more pag ...more
Judy
Feb 28, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it
This was a fairly short story. Berserker Mate 1.5
Kara makes the mistake of going with her friend on her honeymoon. Dia is so wrapped up in her new husband and the antique car show that Kara is on her own.
Jakob is a Berserker. He can change animal forms but fights who he is. He has left his pack but knows danger is near and coming for him. And then he scents the woman who could be his mate after waiting for 1000 years and giving up hope.
Kara is kidnapped and than feels uncontrollable lust for a
Steph
Going Berserk , a short within the Berserker Mates series, was short, but enough to make me want to read the rest of the series. Berserkers ~ I like. Interesting world and supernaturals. [Rating: 3.5★]
Linda
Apr 22, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
A short story where Jacob, a Berseker Male finds and rescues his female, Kara, who had no idea Berserker existed or that she was one of their kind. Alpha male and fluffy smut in a quick, fun read. Ill def. keep reading this series. ...more
Stephanie
Jun 14, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Now I need to read the other two in this series.
Future Slayer Girl
This is a tasty little tidbit of the Berserker’s Mate Series by Alexandra O’ Hurley. O’ Hurley does an outstanding job at developing in a fresh and new fantasy world for her readers. I for one am totally excited about reading these, each time they come up for review. It is a new spin on the shifter genre. I felt that the fantasy level in this story was taken up a notch, and evolves her story further, with this freebie short read.

I honestly believe that O’ Hurley has an excellent voice for the p
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★

Book Description:
A free vacation with a couple of newlyweds turns out to not be such a great idea. Kara is a third wheel and wanders down the boardwalk to find solace to her boredom. Adventure soon finds her in the form of a fortune-telling witch who captures her and holds her hostage.

Apart from his pack, Jakob is a Berserker seeking to find himself. Never in his wildest dreams does he imagine he'd also find his mate. The fact she's a Swartska hostage is not acceptable.

Jakob strugg
Kelly
I've been on a bit of a Norse mythology kick lately. It's just... worked for me. I seem to have a particular soft spot for Berserkers. Those guys knew how to bring on the carnage. In a BIG way.

So... a Berserker who has exiled himself to the far reaches of nowhere (okay, I don't actually remember where he was. There was a beach. And a boardwalk. JUST GO WITH IT!) runs across a potential mate and goes all batshit possessive. In a good way. You know, since he saves her life and everything.

After the
Elena
Accidental Re-read:
Apparently i already read this one a few years ago - i remembered nothing... Originally gave it 3*, but would now have to give 2.5* max... It was supposed to be sexy, yet the sex scenes were too tame and vanilla - mostly due to the language used ... So it had potential but still managed to somewhat disappoint. Ok short story, but nothing to write home about. Did not interest me in reading the whole series.

Originally read:
October 10-19, 2012
I liked it , but it was very shor
Mare
Aug 11, 2012 Mare rated it liked it
Quick, only 66 pgs.
The berserker Jakob is pact-less and has been on the run from the witch Swartska. He has been denying his shape shifting nature which would allow him the strength to destroy her but for reasons not explained in this short story (maybe in book 1?) he won't. Anyway, Swartska happens upon his "mate" but they haven't met yet so she abducts her & uses Kara a bait for Jakob.
I like that this story had the realistic aspect of Kara freaking out about the supernatural & not ju
Cara
Jan 10, 2013 Cara rated it liked it
A pretty good book for a free one. I was rather intrigued with this book. It had a great story, love the Norse influence. But I went and read the synopsis for the next book that continues this story and I'm not going to read it. I'm not into the whole love triangle. I like books where two people can love each other. And it just makes it creepy that the love triangle is with his brother. Ew.
Sandra
This was OK, a slight variation on your basic shifter PNR. Something about Jakob and Kara's interactions were a little flat for me though. I think they needed to either go buck-wild in heat and fight and then accept it, or be soft and understanding and then accept it. The author tried to do a combo but I just didn't buy it or feel any connection with them.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
This is my first read by this author. A short erotic that gives us a look into Ms. O'Hurley's Berserker world. Interesting premise though it felt rushed and I didn't really connect to the characters. I wanted more so I could connect with the characters and this world, but this is merely a taste.
Heidi R.
Sep 11, 2012 Heidi R. rated it really liked it
Great story, but too short. Would have loved to learn more about what happens to the characters. I'm going to go back, though and get book 1 & 2. Maybe there'll be more indepth information in those books about Kara and Jakob.
Gizzie
Oct 31, 2012 Gizzie rated it really liked it
This free book had 28 pages. It held my intrest, had action, and a good story line. It just wasn't long enough.
Beckey
A quick 10 or so minute read that was a umm dirty but oh so good... Apart of the author's Berserkers Mate series but can be read alone but it tempt you to read the others...
Patsy
Jan 28, 2013 Patsy rated it really liked it
I actually loved this short story. I bought the other 3 just so I could read the whole series. I actually started with 1.5 instead of 1 but that shouldn't matter much.
C.J.
May 20, 2013 C.J. rated it it was ok
Ok short story. Really liked the idea and wish it was longer and more detailed. Has potential to become a great full story.
Whitney
Aug 07, 2012 Whitney rated it liked it
I Like it a lot but I can't give a 60 page book more then 3 stars the story is good and could have made a full book out of it.
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Jae
Jae rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Chloee
Chloee rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Army-mom
Army-mom rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Terry Hogan
Terry Hogan rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Ima Dork
Ima Dork rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
  • A Bolt From The Blue
  • Phantom Lovers
  • The Riding Crop (Riding Crop #1)
  • A Wanton's Thief
  • Destined for Harmony (Shadows of Destiny, #3.5)
  • Mr. Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Cataclysm Blues
  • Nikki and the Vampire
  • Christmas Love
  • A White Cougar Christmas (Southern Shifters, #3.5)
  • Friends With Benefits
  • Claimed
  • The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)
  • Ex On The Beach
  • The Centurion and the Queen
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • A Gift of Snow
About me? How anyone can summarize their whole being within a little block of space is beyond me.

I have tried on numerous bio pages and what not and I hate making them. :)

So, let's just say I wear many hats. Mother, daughter, friend, writer, boss, employee, student, lover, and whatever else I may do within my day.

We all wear many hats within our lives, and most days we are stressed beyond words be
More about Alexandra O'Hurley...

Berserker's Mates (4 books)
  • Night of the Dragon (Berserker Mate's, #1)
  • Beauty and Her Beasts (Berserker Mate's, #2)
  • Magic, Mischief, and Mayhem (Berserker's Mates, #3)