Start by marking “Retribution (Knights of the Board Room, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Retribution

Joey W. Hill

Retribution (Knights of the Board Room #4.5)

This is a free novella revisiting the characters from the Knights of the Board Room series, specifically Hostile Takeover, Book 5. It is posted on the JWH Connection fan forum, access info at www.storywitch.com/community. Most popular download formats available.

This story is a prequel about Ben of Hostile Takeover (Book V) and Celeste of Soul Rest (Book VII).
Published 2012 by www.storywitch.com/community

To ask other readers questions about Retribution, please sign up.

Joey Hill Hi! I've updated the info above to make this easier. It's a free novella offered through the JWH Connection fan forum in most of the popular download…moreHi! I've updated the info above to make this easier. It's a free novella offered through the JWH Connection fan forum in most of the popular download formats. You can find access info here - www.storywitch.com/community. Hope that helps!(less)
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClarePerfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Best Bad Boy
324th out of 913 books — 2,099 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
321st out of 609 books — 766 voters

More lists with this book...

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Apr 09, 2015 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it really liked it

Retribution is a vignette about Celeste and Ben and is utterly sexilixious and KINKY!

I LOVE the work of this author. Her writing is eloquent and truly sublime. It's laced with edgy hardcore BDSM qualities so an open mind is essential to appreciate the beauty within.

Retribution is a MUST READ for fans of the Knights of the Board Room series.

Note: In terms of timeline within the Knights of the Boardroom series the main thing to know is that it's a prequel to Hostile Takeover and is probably best
~IreneOust~
Sep 06, 2013 ~IreneOust~ rated it really liked it

I don't know if I've been living under a rock but I had no idea this novella even existed till about an hour ago so ... I had to drop everything I was doing/reading at the time because anything by Joey W. Hill, especially with Ben O'Callahan in it, takes precedence. Always!

This was short and sweet and straight to the point. Anything with Ben *assman* O'Callahan deserves at least 4 stars (I would have given 5 but, even though Celeste is really nice, she isn't Marcie).

Cheers!
Danija
When the last you read and loved is Hostile Takeover, and you're still floating in a special reader's subspace created by this author's magical way of telling a story, and you're under the spell of Ben O'Callahan, seeing that the both short stories from this series both star none other than the aforementioned Ben O'Callahan is in my book very good news.

This story was not about Marcie and Ben, but it was still great. The Joey W. Hill magic was there -- a lot less pages, but it was certainly ther
Marie Ritzer
Apr 16, 2013 Marie Ritzer rated it it was amazing
Its Master Ben!!! U don't need to say or have anything more. The man is smoking hot!!
Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip
Ben....I love this man!!!
Linda
Jan 21, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
A prequel to the Knights series, wherein a journalist gets a close up with Ben. He makes her realize a lot about her self, things she never thought possible.
Smutty fluff & BDSM.
~ Cariad ~
Jan 17, 2016 ~ Cariad ~ rated it it was amazing
This vignette was off the charts hot and dirty in the way only JWH can write it!
It was beautifully sensual and erotic - I was melting into my kindle by the end!!

Ben and Celeste were perfection, I want more!!

I've been determined to catch up on some old fav series and honestly it doesn't get any better for BDSM than The Knights of the Board Room series. Holy cow they are stunning reads!!

Going straight into the next one (after I cool down!!)

Just to say... If you haven't read this series you co
Kimi5564
May 19, 2016 Kimi5564 rated it it was amazing
As a card-carrying member of the Joey Hill fan club, I was thrilled when after expressing my love for these books, Joey told me about this vignette and "Proper Punishment," which I'll read next BEFORE "Afterlife." I've had an inkling that Ben was more hard-core than the others, and I was skeptical about how this short story would take shape. Ms. Hill did not disappoint. There was a code of chivalry that existed before the 1960's. The Knights may play hard, but they truly reflect women. Society ...more
Xan West
Jan 10, 2016 Xan West rated it did not like it
This story reads like an anti-feminist revenge scene, and I hated that about it, and found that to be a deeply central flaw to characterization. It made the story so weak it could not hold up. Reading it as generously as possible, the consent in this story is murky at best; the lack of negotiation even when she asks him to, and moment when she safewords and then withdraws that made me deeply uncomfortable. In general, the story also feels deeply underdrawn; I don't buy the character growth arc, ...more
Kelly
Aug 30, 2016 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is NOT the prequel to the Knights of the Board Room, it really should be read later after AFTERLIFE(Jon's story), since it takes place after Matt and Peter,(which means Lucas is as well) are already married.

But the story of Celeste and the treatment she receives from Ben is striking, stunning and enlightening. A very well spoken, written and enjoyable read that really spotlights and creates a good understanding of the submissive and dominant relationship, and what can be learned from it, w
Jessica Alcazar
Jan 14, 2014 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT. Perfect story to detail the struggles a person can go through with their sexuality and learning that whatever it is they find arousing whether painful or not so painful, that it's ok :]
really well told little story.
although it really has no business being categorized as .5 in a series since not only is Savannah's link to Matt mentioned, but so is Dana's to Peter ... it really should have been more of a 3.5 but that's just part of my OCD reading thing LOL no biggie
Katherine O'Grady
I decided to re-read this short, as prep before I dive into Soul Rest, Celeste's story. As usual, Ms. Hill packs a lot of story and emotions into 50 pages, all of which take place over the course of a single evening. I enjoyed watching the bitter, tough Celeste let go of her baggage for an evening, as expert Dom Ben took her far into submission. It's also nice to see the full contingent of Knights. Well done short.

Freebie from Ms. Hill.
Anne
Mar 19, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing
JWH is the mistress of of storey telling. After finishing her latest instalment Soul Rest it was great to go back to this vignette. Makes you love all those Knights again. Will have to read them all again to quench my soul.
Leeann Pule
Apr 19, 2015 Leeann Pule rated it it was amazing
This vignette tied up some of the questions I had about why Celeste was so afraid to accept her submissive side with Leland. I enjoyed the detailed writing and how thoroughly Ben took Celeste through her emotions.
Timeforme
Aug 13, 2014 Timeforme rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable story that gives more insight into Ben and also an introduction to Celeste (hopefully a character we will see soon in another one of Joey's books.
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
JB
JB rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Fran
Fran rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Fats
Fats rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2013
SarahEro
SarahEro rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Tracey Erickson
Tracey Erickson rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
N
N rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Desiree Holt
Desiree Holt rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Catherine Court
Catherine Court rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Cilya
Cilya rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Pearls
Pearls rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Master's Flame (Cirque Masters, #3)
  • Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)
  • Two Loves for Alex
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Observation (Doctor Dom, #2)
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • A Date with a Dom (Trust in Me, #3.5)
  • Meeting a Neighbor's Needs (Neighbor's #1)
  • Body Politics (Rod and Cane Society, #3)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1.5)
  • Delayed Penalty (The Dartmouth Cobras, #5)
  • Spank or Treat (Suncoast Society, #18)
  • The Collaring Ceremony: His POV (Brie)
  • The Seduction Hypothesis  (Science of Temptation #2)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • No Safeword Matte -- Happily Ever After (Safeword, #8)
"BDSM Romance for the Heart & Soul"

Winner of the RT Book Reviews Career Achievement award, Joey W. Hill has published over forty contemporary and paranormal BDSM erotic romances, including six series. Her emotionally-intense love stories offer everything from vampires, mermaids, witches and angels, to boardroom executives, cops and simple housemaids.

Free excerpts from all her works are availa
More about Joey W. Hill...

Knights of the Board Room (7 books)
  • Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • Controlled Response (Knights of the Board Room, #2)
  • Honor Bound (Knights of the Board Room, #3)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • Willing Sacrifice (Knights of the Board Room, #6)
  • Soul Rest (Knights of the Board Room, #7)