Start by marking “Herb-Wife (Lord Alchemist Duology, #2)” as Want to Read:
Herb-Wife (Lord Alchemist Duology, #2)

Herb-Wife (Lord Alchemist Duology #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Lord Alchemist must be immune to hostile potions. But in all of Cymelia, there are only three with the alchemist's immunity: Iathor, his brother Iasen, and the half-barbarian herb-witch, Kessa.

Though Kessa is hardly the expected wife of a noble, Iathor has secured a betrothal - but his brother has vowed to prevent the marriage by any means necessary.

Iathor will do wha
ebook, 1
Published February 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Herb-Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Herb-Wife

Alien Species Intervention Books 1-3 by J.K. AccinniStarshine by G.S. JennsenVertigo by G.S. JennsenEscape to the Borderlands by Marla MonroeTheir Border Lands Freedom by Marla Monroe
Best Romantic Fantasy and Science Fiction
50th out of 399 books — 198 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOn Becoming an Alchemist by Catherine MacCounThe Modern Alchemist by Richard Alan MillerAtoms and Alchemy by William R. NewmanAlchemy & Mysticism by Alexander Roob
Books of Alchemy
24th out of 26 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Boogenhagen
Courtney Ostaff
I honestly rarely have good expectations of works that are not published through major publishers. They're usually poorly edited, oddly plotted, and generally either not ready for market or plain bad. However, this book was *excellent*. It was well edited, nicely plotted, thoroughly interesting, and just a darn good read. I wouldn't advertise it as a mystery, or a love story, precisely, though it's technically both of those things. It's a good tale, with a nicely detailed fantasy world. I would ...more
heidi
This book kind of broke my heart, but in a good way.

Kessa is genuinely fond of Iathor, and vice versa, but there are some dark clouds each of them is dealing with that make it hard for them to relate to each other like we would hope.

""Thioso," Iathor said, "I'm living in the same house as someone who views secrets as personal pets, to be fed, cosseted, and possibly bred to produce litters of little secrets. Kindly don't add new ones to the kennel.""

Kessa does have a lot of secrets, and one of t
Cheryl
You know you've read a good book when you're sad that it's ended. And I was very sad indeed when I reached the end of this book. The first one, chock full of mystery, set the scene nicely for the second book. It becomes obvious by the end of the second book who is after Kessa, but the conflict doesn't feel drawn out at all; there are so many layers of intrigue and conflict that need to be resolved, and all of them are resolved with no holes, no confusion.

My one criticism, if I had to offer one,
Meghan
Whoa- holy crappers didn't see a few of those pages coming. This Definitely contained adult themes. Not tween friendly. It wasn't over done - well one scene, maybe two was a little harlequin- but the over riding emotion conflicts/termoil/past within the characters was the focus and you know why the author wrote the scenes the way she did. These are not pic perfect pretend people. They are damaged and broken with messed up lives and pasts and trying to find way to overcome some pretty significant ...more
Robert
SubterraneanCatalyst
RTC: I read this because I had to find out. I felt that the first book bothered me and got under my skin the wrong way so much I owed myself the answers. What..a masochist I am.
Lisa Heermann
I really loved the story, but that wedding night threw me out of the story.
Katera
Dyanna
I really enjoyed the conclusion of this story it seemed fitting. Both books were good quick reads.
Gareth Ellzey
Picking up where Herb-Witch left off, Herb-wife follows Kessa, the Herb-witch and her new husband Iathor, the Lord Alchemist through their first few months of marriage. A mystery hinted at in the first of this duology is cleared up, and a very satisfying outcome of the original mystery is utilized. The wonderful character development continues. A thoroughly entertaining, engrossing read.
Emma
I read Herb-Witch when I was in middle school and really liked it, so I picked up this book expecting to find a good sequel with the same level of maturity, but though I really liked the plot, in the end I didn't finish it because some of the scenes were too mature. This addition is good, but not a tween book.
I wish the author had closed the bedroom door much more frequently (I did a lot of skimming) but I enjoyed how the this finished Kessa's story.
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Martina
Martina is currently reading it
May 21, 2015
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Shem
Shem marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Point of Knives (Astreiant, #1.5)
  • Toad Words and Other Stories
  • His Very Own Girl
  • Broken Blade (Rune Blade, #3)
  • Eight Million Gods
  • The Perilous Life of Jade Yeo
  • Sold for Endless Rue
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • The Fire King
  • Steelflower
  • Machine
  • Beneath the Surface (The Emperor's Edge, #5.5)
  • Lhind the Thief
  • Castle Hangnail
  • Skies of Steel (The Ether Chronicles, #3)
  • Red Rope of Fate
  • The Last Mage Guardian (Guardian's Compact, #1)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 9

Lord Alchemist Duology (2 books)
  • Herb-Witch (Lord Alchemist Duology, #1)
Herb-Witch (Lord Alchemist Duology, #1) GURPS IOU: Welcome to Illuminati University! (GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System) All That Glitters (Alchemy's Heirs #1) GURPS In Nomine: Earth is the Battleground for Heaven and Hell Queen of Roses