Dismiss Could not find this book.

Start by marking “Death on Facebook, Short Stories for the Digital Age” as Want to Read:
Death on Facebook, Short Stories for the Digital Age

Death on Facebook, Short Stories for the Digital Age

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  11 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This is a collection of short stories for the digital age, complete with references to social media (facebook) and technological gadgets from e-readers to smart phones. All nine stories are recent and firmly anchored in our fast-changing, globalized world. For each story, Claude Nougat gives a quick hint of what inspired her:
Death on Facebook: culture clashes or how an inn
Published February 22nd 2012 by self

Be the first to ask a question about Death on Facebook, Short Stories for the Digital Age

Alana Woods
May 15, 2012 Alana Woods rated it really liked it
I find it harder to review a short story collection than I do a full length novel. Instead of looking at one story development and its characters it is necessary to look at and assess multiples. But here I go.

Claude Nougat, in this collection of nine stories, shows she has a nice feel for narrative and dialogue. The quality barely wavers throughout. I say 'barely' because sentence construction in 'The great hacker heist' caused me to pause and re-read, and in 'The ice maker' it was unclear to me
Robin Conley
Dec 29, 2012 Robin Conley rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebies
There were some really interesting stories in here. I enjoyed the varied settings and characters. I also liked the intensity of the stories. They were clever and interesting and well written. I also enjoyed the modern day elements. I did find a few typos, however, but I'd still recommend the book to anyone who likes slightly darker stories, mysteries, or thrillers.

Reason for not being 5 stars - a few of the stories I could figure out the ending too early. I also think the paragraph prior to eac
Lee Holz
Sep 08, 2012 Lee Holz rated it it was amazing
Death on Facebook is the title of the first of a fascinating collection of short stories. If you appreciate irony and the macabre, you will enjoy these. The writing is spare, direct and efficient, just what is required for very short fiction with real impact. I can’t remember stories with greater punch since I last read the stories penned by the great Saki (H. H. Munro). 5 stars and highly recommended.
Adam Vanzant
Nov 28, 2012 Adam Vanzant rated it it was amazing
Love this book, I reread it after finishing it. Some stories were good, a few were great.
Claude Forthomme
Feb 27, 2014 Claude Forthomme rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chris rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2016
Fiona Lane
Fiona Lane rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2012
Sloth rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Dec 13, 2014 Margaret rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed these stories, some quite confronting.
Lottie Elliott
Lottie Elliott rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
David Atkinson
David Atkinson rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Real name: Claude Forthomme. A Columbia University graduate (economics), I followed in Jack London’s footsteps, dabbling at a variety of jobs from banking to publishing, journalism, marketing and teaching before joining the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, FAO, in Rome. I worked there 25 years, first as a project evaluation officer traveling to developing countries and ending my c ...more
More about Claude Nougat...