Start by marking “A Case of Heart Trouble” as Want to Read:
A Case of Heart Trouble

A Case of Heart Trouble

Dallas was afraid to let herself dream!

Dallas Drew was the youngest and prettiest nurse at the hospital, and certainly the most inexperienced. Naturally, when the glamorous and popular Dr. Martin Loring became a patient there, she wasn't allowed to take a hand in nursing him.

So it came as a considerable surprise when he picked Dallas to supervise his convalescence at his
Published October 1963 by Harlequin (first published 1962)

To ask other readers questions about A Case of Heart Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Case of Heart Trouble

Leona
Aug 01, 2013 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Maybe I just had too high of an expectation for this book, but I didn't get that feel good, happy, sigh kind of moment when I finished it. In fact, I was hoping he would end up with evil OW. They so deserved each other. This was a case where the heroine "could have" and "should have" done better for herself. His actions were truly unforgivable.

I guess because she was young and naive, she fell for him, But honestly, I see a life of misery for her.

Also, the plot was confusing. He has a sister-in
Aayesha Khatri
Oh. Dear. God. I love Ida Crowe (Susan Barrie, in this case). She is now my new favourite author. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have a whole handful of favourite authors now.

This book was so sweet and angsty and extremely well written. I enjoyed it so much, I wish I could have the joy of reading it all over again without knowing how it's going to end. It kept you on your toes throughout the entire book, you never knew what was going to happen. In the middle you think everything is resolved
Sunday
May 02, 2012 Sunday rated it liked it
Out of my lot of 24 vintage Harlequins, this one has been my most delicious. Doctor/nurse things in a manor on the moors, shall I even continue? I liked the appearance of Hot Rival Joanna, and you all know I love big fancy British houses. I died when for lunch they had fish with Hollandaise sauce, I mean really.

Though my favorite, this had the world's most confusing plot hole. Okay, so the doctor had the same last name as his sister-in-law? But they weren't related and she was a widow? I don't.
Fiona Marsden
Jul 29, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
Love these old school romances between the innocent young nurse and the distinguishd older consultant at her hospital. When Dr Martin Loring is in an accident, he is nursed at the hospital where he is a consultant and Dallas Drew is the nurse who sits with him those first two nights when he is unconscious. Once he is conscious of course he is too important for a little student nurse to wait on so she doesn't see him again until he's almost ready to leave.

However he's organised that she be the nu
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was ok
May 14, 2013
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
Trina
Trina rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
LLCSpokane
LLCSpokane rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2015
Karen-Leigh
Karen-Leigh rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Poonam
Poonam rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Mahnoor
Mahnoor rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2012
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Mitza101
Mitza101 marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Floqueta
Floqueta marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Tasneem
Tasneem marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Kay
Kay added it
Aug 24, 2013
Zlata
Zlata marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 27, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Loisa added it
Mar 19, 2015
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Loisa added it
Jun 14, 2015
Kay Zeck
Kay Zeck marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Loisa
Loisa marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Sep 15, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Mythili
Mythili marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
loisa
loisa added it
Sep 30, 2016
One of many pseudonyms used by Ida Julia Pollock, née Crowe.

Mrs. Pollack was a British writer of several short-stories and 125 romance novels that were published under her married name and under a number of different pseudonyms: Joan M. Allen; Susan Barrie, Pamela Kent, Averil Ives, Anita Charles, Barbara Rowan, Jane Beaufort, Rose Burghley, Mary Whistler and Marguerite Bell. She has sold million
More about Susan Barrie...