Start by marking “Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding” as Want to Read:
Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

3.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
1. Related link
#-1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_re...

2. This book introduces the method of visual reading.
In addition to transforming you from a vocal reader who can only read 150-240 words per minute to a professional reader with reading speeds of 400-600 words per minute, the method can boost your reading comprehension and memory skills.

The author believes there
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 105 pages
Published February 5th 2012 by Cheese Cake & Linco Global

To ask other readers questions about Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visual Reading and the Snowball of Understanding

Nicolette
This was an interesting read, although not really what I was expecting. I was looking for a book on speed reading and what I got was a book about visual readers (which I already am). I was pleased with the fact that I now have a lot more information about how the brain works with reading, but no change in reading speed. I imagine that this would be a really great help for people struggling with visual reading, but it isn't something that everyone needs.
Christine
Mar 17, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
This is a great book that discusses the benefits and scientific basis for speed reading. The main idea I picked up out of this book was that speed reading is supposed to allow the reader connect the author's thoughts in a network so that they can be considered in new ways, which I thought was cool. The downfall of this book, is while it describes methods and their good and bad points, it doesn't actually teach you his full improved system, which is to come out in an ensuing book.
Karen
Apr 25, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
In thinking that reading faster and comprehending more would be a great idea, I must not have the ability to do so. I'm a verbal reader(saying the words in my head) and will have to practice a great deal to not read that way.
What does it all mean.... I need to read more!!!
Jeff Bettger
Feb 27, 2012 Jeff Bettger rated it liked it
So I just read this book. It has a great idea, and claims that with practice we can read over 400 words per minute. I am going to try the technique and see what happens. It makes sense and seems to be feasible. The biggest thing will be the discipline to do it.
Susan
Feb 25, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Encouraging and inspiring -- but will take practice.
Paul
Jun 09, 2016 Paul rated it it was amazing
Unlike others that got this book for free, I paid the full $2.99, and let me tell you,
I don't regret it one bit. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this isn't a how-to or
course on speed reading, but rather an explanation of the science behind effective
speed reading. Like others also mentioned, the author does make reference to a book
he intends to publish containing an actual method to follow for learning speed
reading, but that doesn't mean this book isn't worth reading. It's quite the opposite
Anita
First the pros:
1. It was free on my kindle.
2. It references Evelyn Wood, the queen of "Reading Dynamics." I have several stories/experiences where my life and hers have touched.
3. I believe there is a lot to getting away from being a vocal or sub-vocal reader.
4. I believe comprehension often improves with speed. Too many of my students have forgotten what the first words of the sentence were by the time they have decoded the end.

The cons:
1. The Vulcan mind-meld with the author of a book sounded
Shahavez Kiani
Aug 14, 2015 Shahavez Kiani rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on speed reading. Great for anyone who wants to better understand how we build a mental picture and develop comprehension after reading a passage.
Rick
Feb 01, 2016 Rick rated it liked it
It was okay. There's always a catch.
Thomas McGuire
Mar 04, 2012 Thomas McGuire rated it liked it
Interesting, though finding time to practice and reading on touch sensitive devices might make things a little awkward.
J.j.
Mar 03, 2012 J.j. rated it it was ok
Interesting, but didn't do as much to help me actually learn techniques of speed reading as I would have hoped.
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Beka
Beka marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Tracey Lee
Tracey Lee rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
kim jung kon
kim jung kon rated it it was ok
May 20, 2016
David Henger
David Henger marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Hoss
Hoss marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Cari
Cari marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Stuart
Stuart rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Priya Nka
Priya Nka marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Brianna Olesh
Brianna Olesh marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Janet May
Janet May marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Richard Snodgrass
Richard Snodgrass marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Rebekah Mcgovern
Rebekah Mcgovern rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015