Start by marking “We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes” as Want to Read:
We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes

We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes

Tator & Tot have no idea why their Mommy was so much different than the one who woke them up in the morning as they share with Daddy the story of their day together. Daddy then sets the record straight by telling the girls how he heard things happened and how their behavior had a very large part in turning Mommy into mashed potatoes. All is not lost, however; in the ...more
Published October 18th 2011 by Inkwater Press.Com & Michael Weber

To ask other readers questions about We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes

Christina
Mar 27, 2012 Christina rated it liked it
I found this book in the giveaways and was drawn in by the catchy unique title and cover. So I entered the giveaway and wound up winning. I give this book 3.5 stars. I liked it. I thought the concept was really good for one of those teaching your kid a lesson type of books. Do I think that kids as ill behaved as Tator and Tot will learn their lesson just from this book? No. Giving it a try won't hurt but a kid with behavioral issues will most likely refuse to sit down at all let alone long ...more
Chris
Mar 06, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book for kids of all ages, but especially the younger ones to help them realize how their behavior can affect others--in this case parents!!!!! It is a great springboard for conversations about how a young child's behavior throughout a day can affect those around them, not just themselves. Sometimes kids have trouble getting out of their own skin and seeing situations from other's point of view and this book enables this to happen in a fun and very cute way!!!! I am hoping for more ...more
Cher
Feb 27, 2012 Cher rated it it was amazing
I love this book as an adult and to share it with a little one.
The message throughout the book is real and teaches a very positive message for children in how they can help their mommy (and daddy when they are not having such good days.
The illustrations match up great with the story line.
I sure hope you have more positive books in the future.
Great job!!!!
Skarpetta
Mar 31, 2012 Skarpetta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: elementary aged children and parents
Shelves: books-won
I won this book and it arrived to my home quickly. It was a quick read for my daughter and I. The illustrations are cute and colorful. The story of how the kids, Tater and Tot, make their mom mashed potatoes is entertaining. I try to teach my daughter about perspective, this story was a good example for her. We read the story together , discussed it and enjoyed it together.
Kayla Eklund
Aug 25, 2012 Kayla Eklund rated it it was amazing
We Made Mommy Mashed Potatoes is an adorable children's book. The book is about two potato children misbehaving and upsetting their mom. The children's mother is so upset, she turns into mashed potatoes. How will the children fix this epic mistake? This book has a great lesson for children. They should always treat their parents with love and respect, because they never know what could happen in the future. The illustrations in the book are really cute. I think my favorite illustration was the ...more
Lynn Clapper
Mar 06, 2012 Lynn Clapper rated it it was amazing
I love this book and look forward to more by this same author. It spins real life situations into a fun story where kids can learn how they make their parents feel and how they can make it better. In a world where life is so focused on the children is a nice change of pace to focus on the parent! Thanks for sharing your life experience with your daughters with us all! As a parent of 5 children, I really understand this book!!
Michael Weber
Feb 29, 2012 Michael Weber rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
After listening and reading hundreds of books to our now 4 year old twin girls, I got a little tired of the fairy tales, life isn't a fairy tale if you hadn't noticed. This book is real life that will be an instant hit for both the kids and parents, why shouldn't we all enjoy the book reading experience. It's a day in a life told first by the children, then by daddy and it's filled with wonderful illustrations by the fabulous Crystal Carter. If you have not heard of her, you will soon!
Susan Ashcraft
Mar 14, 2012 Susan Ashcraft rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
My granddaughter loves this book! When she comes for a sleepover she likes me to read this book out loud to her. She giggles throughout the book and settles down to sleep right away. She says its our special book, just for us. If you want something other than a fairytale this is a good one.
Diane Scuito
Jun 28, 2012 Diane Scuito rated it really liked it
Love this book! It is such a cute book to read. My friends 5 and 7 year old girl loved it!
D. Scuito
Ashley
May 02, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
I recieved this book on a Goodreads Giveaway. I think it is well illustrated and has a good plot. It's was just a little to wordy for what I think my child could handle.
Xia
Mar 28, 2012 Xia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I recieved this book from goodreads giveaway. It's such a great and cute little book for children and adults as well.
Debbie
Apr 18, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
My grandson loved this book. It was beautifully illistrated. And it spoke a lanuage that a 4 yr old and my 7 yr old grandduaghter, both could understand. Great job.
John Reid
John Reid rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2012
Kerrie
Mar 05, 2012 Kerrie rated it it was amazing
Very cute book!!! Love the potatoe concept!! Something original!
Jordan
Aug 24, 2014 Jordan rated it liked it
Wasn't a bad little book, with nice hidden messages! My little sister got bored quick though.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Zach Traina
Mar 13, 2012 Zach Traina rated it it was amazing
A great read. My girls (9 and 5) love it. A great lesson is taught in this book.
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
Amanda Chalifoux
Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Christy Stratton
Mar 14, 2012 Christy Stratton rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and the illustrations really brought the story to life!
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Vidya Tiru
Vidya Tiru marked it as to-read
Shellee
Shellee marked it as to-read
Vanessa Madrigal
Vanessa Madrigal marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Melissa Haggerty
Melissa Haggerty marked it as to-read
Rodney Rodriguez
Rodney Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Ronda
Ronda marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2012
JennaMarie
JennaMarie marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2012
Valerie Kite
Valerie Kite marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Kali Pomeroy
Kali Pomeroy marked it as to-read
Deirdre
Deirdre marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Fred Hughes
Fred Hughes marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012