Start by marking “New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)

New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  3,777 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews
In the first installment of New Moon, Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires: the Volturi.
Published April 23rd 2013 by Yen Press (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about New Moon, please sign up.

Jessica (priceiswong)
Jun 03, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it really liked it
#TBRTakedown Day 3 - been wanting to read this one for a while. I think this was better than the Twilight ones... Wish my library had the second part!
Eric
Here is what I have to say about this. Regardless of whatever my feelings are on the matter or what I say, clearly the cow is going to be milked no matter what else is going on.

If this still has the super lame font bs going on and horrendous balloon placement again I promise I will only give this a cursory glance at the bookstore and won't even try anymore. It's a graphic novel folks, get creative... It does. It's clear they don't even need to try. This will still sell like crack and no one will
Ave Binks
Oct 03, 2012 Ave Binks marked it as to-read
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I'M RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE LIKE AN EXCITED MUPPET!!!

I had NO IDEA they were going to continue the Twilight Saga in Graphic Novel form past the first book!!!XXDDDDD

These graphic novels are sooooo beautifully drawn. It's the only decent book-turned-graphic novel out there. Seriously, the people who did Vampire Academy, House of Night, and Hush, Hush should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm terrified of what they're going to do to my beloved Mortal Instruments and The Infernal De
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
So Young's gonna do the rest of the series? O.o I thought it was just gonna be the first novel...Oh well, i trust her anyways.

EDIT: 6/7/12

Whoa, cover's out already. I really like it but compared to Vol 1+2's beautiful meadow background, this one's kinda simple but fitting to the original book covers.

AND I'M CALLING RIGHT NOW ON VOL 2 EDWARD IS ON THE COVER AND BELLA'S ARMS ARE REACHING TO HIM EVEN THOUGH THIS COVER LOOKS LIKE SHE'S WITH JACOB.

*If Young is actually doing this, Then that's amazing
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Although I'm not really a graphic novel person, I AM really enjoying the Twilight ones! It helps me to remember the actual BOOK story versus the movies. The illustrations are really quite amazing and they capture the key elements of what happened in each installment! Can't wait for the next one!
Christina
Oct 11, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVED ALL the books.. loved the series... wept for weeks with bereft when they were finished... need I say more?
Kushnuma
Nov 03, 2014 Kushnuma rated it really liked it
I quiet enjoyed reading this as New Moon is one of my favourites from the Twilight series. But I found it really annoying that Bella just couldn't seem to live without Edward at first.

It also refreshed my mind after a long time...
Artiom Karsiuk
Aug 03, 2013 Artiom Karsiuk rated it liked it
Now pay attention, because this review gets tricky. I am a 25 year old heterosexual (I shit you not) male and I love these graphic novels. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
Jenn
Not really a whole lot to review since it's just New Moon in comic form. but I will say one thing, the artwork is just beautiful in these graphic novels and the main reason I will keep buying them.
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Jan 02, 2016 Kirsty (overflowing library) rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love the art work in these.
Andre
Aug 08, 2016 Andre rated it did not like it
Believe it or not, but I had completely forgotten that I had ever read this book. I only noticed when I saw it in the library, wanted to read it to see how it was adapted this time and then saw here on Goodreads that I had already read and reviewed it. It is that forgettable.

Back then I read this in the bookstore, it is that short and uncomplicated.
Credit where is due: the graphic novel is way less annoying than the original book and the art is for the most part acceptable (except for the wolves
Erlynn (BooksHugBack)
New Moon is my favorite of the Twilight novels. It is not because of Jacob, but because of the angst and torment Bella goes through, before finding redemption and Edward at the end.

I love the drawings in the graphic novels, especially Bella and her expressions and even her hair. However, I wasn't feeling the emotion and wreckage that I felt with New Moon or even the feelings that I experience with the the graphic novels of Twilight. It had the same great pictures and I enjoyed every minute of th
Amber Smoke
Jul 11, 2013 Amber Smoke rated it it was amazing
I sat down at the library today, resolving to read a few short books and lay my eyes on this. I haven't read the twilight (first book) graphic novels but I loved the look of this one and it looked like a quick read. I zipped through it and it has stunning artwork - Young Kim should be very proud and I want to steal her art skills so bad! It retold New Moon (part 1) in a clear, capturing way that presents the characters better somewhat more than the books and films. There are bits in colour and I ...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
May 18, 2013 Greta is Erikasbuddy rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

If you enjoyed Volume 1 and 2 of this then you'll love Volume 3 (Volume 1 of New Moon) !!

The drawings are FABULOUS!! I wish they were all in color but the black and white was cool.

And I found myself rooting for Jacob in this. He's such a nice guy. Not trying to push Bella away... well, except there at the end ;)

And just so you know, you wind up ending at the part where Laurent gets torn apart by puppies. And oh! Sam is sooo much more cuter in this. Ugs! I really didn't care for actor S
Farah
Jul 20, 2016 Farah rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I feel really cheated , this graphic novel is 160 pages ONLY so why is New Moon divided into two volumes ? the story felt really rushed but I wouldn't have minded that if they just finished the whole thing ... I mean since you're rushing the story then you might as well put it all in one volume because a graphic novel that takes a year to come out should either be way longer than 160 pages or should be completely finished with the story .. this is ridiculous.. it feels too greedy for me , two ...more
Holly Noelle
Just like the first graphic novels, this was beautifully done with fantastic pictures. New Moon was actually my favorite of the Twilight series so to see it come to life visually was stunning.

This is one of those books that I'm glad I own in hardcover and while not the most incredible story, this was well done and beautiful.

I can't wait to read volume II.
Becky Johnson
Jul 03, 2015 Becky Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a completely big fan of new moon and the characters showing the readers that your life basically ends when your boyfriend dumps you blah blah. I do love the wolves and the artwork is phenomenal.
Chloe
Dec 01, 2013 Chloe rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I didn't even bother looking this up since I didn't think they were gonna make it!!! Personally, I think the characters look WAY better in this book than they do in the movies. That's why I'm all excited. The cast that never was as I like to call em. (I'm not a Twihard at all!)
Deann
Some dialouge seemed off, unless i just need to reread New Moon. But drawings are gorgeous.

Disappointed about the delay. New release April 23, 2013.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Όχι... δεν το δέχομαι... το αγαπημένο μου βιβλίο της σειράς μεταφέρθηκε με πολύ μέτριο τρόπο σε ένα novel που για μια ακόμη φορά -πολύ κακώς- σπάστηκε σε δύο μέρη, σπάζοντας και τα δικά μου τα νεύρα.
John Czuj
Dec 06, 2016 John Czuj rated it it was amazing
Great job with the boy who was amazing to see how you are the best thing ever since I love it was that
Danyka
Apr 07, 2013 Danyka rated it liked it
Only watched the movie but I want to buy and maybe read the book :)
Lanette
May 02, 2013 Lanette rated it it was amazing
I love the graphic novels for the Twilight Saga...the art is so beautiful!
Megan Anderson
Aug 30, 2015 Megan Anderson rated it really liked it
I know, I know. But the art is so PRETTY >_>
Missy
Cover Interpretation: I don't like it. It's too blank. And why is Bella sparkly?
SmilingDork
Sep 28, 2015 SmilingDork rated it really liked it
More Retarded!
Adriana
this book looks awsome
Desiree comer
Jun 10, 2012 Desiree comer marked it as to-read
so want to red just haven't been able to get my hand on it
Rochelle
Nov 23, 2012 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! A definate favourite of all time
The Nooks of Books: New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #3) 1 3 Jan 28, 2015 06:18PM
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1, 2 13 Jun 01, 2013 04:02PM
Hardcover or Softcover 1 10 Aug 27, 2012 03:00PM
  • Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 2 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 2 of 4)
  • Autumn (Dog Days #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • A Match Made in Heaven (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #8)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Rescued by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #4)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...

Twilight: The Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4)