Start by marking “Stolen Dreams” as Want to Read:
Stolen Dreams

Stolen Dreams

Five years ago Morgan cheated on his best friend and lover and Shae left. Now, Morgan has a new life. He is engaged to Jase, a tempestuous and passionate Hollywood actor, and his career as an assistant movie director is thriving. Then Shae walks back into his life. It is clear that he is still deeply attracted to Shae and that feeling is returned. Unfortunately everyone ...more
Published March 31st 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published March 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Dreams

Kade Boehme
Nov 30, 2012 Kade Boehme rated it it was ok
Fuck this. Shae is a cunt and morgan was an idiot to take him back in the end. i dont give two fucks about how much i love someone. If theyd let our relationship stay fucked up on the word of friends ad not ME after having known me for 20 FUCKING YEARS and then lied about such a very important huge part of my life.... there would be no force on earth to earn my forgiveness. And no i didnt read the last 6% of this because Morgans capitulation made him seem too fucking stupid to live and I was too ...more
Deeze
May 08, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it
OK Where to start. Do you ever read a book that starts out a plus 5 stars but somewhere along the line just becomes a WTH read? That’s basically whats just happened for me in this this book, Spoilered to be on the safe side.

(view spoiler)
Serena Yates
Jan 29, 2015 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is such a heart-wrenching story, mainly because the characters are so engaging, but also because what they go through is entirely possible. Mistakes are easy to make in relationships, and the more you love someone the higher their capacity to hurt you. The story of Morgan and Shae is a perfect illustration that love is not always enough – communication, trust and the ability to forgive play at least as much of a role as simple physical and emotional attraction.

Morgan has a lot to learn. He
Claire
Sep 22, 2016 Claire rated it it was ok
I have tried to tag all the spoilers. I might have missed some so please proceed with caution and be aware bits might not make sense without said spoilers. I also can't punctuate. Don't hate me!

This book is like Marmite. You either love it, or hate it. I am definitely one of the latter. If you don't know what Marmite is, don't worry, it's not important from this point on.

I won't bore everyone with a synopsis, you can all read that for yourselves. What I will do is...well read on and I'll try to
Vio
3.5 stars.

Loved the first half and the writing is great but I had the same issues as Dee who sums it up perfectly in her review. A shame because it was enjoyable then got overloaded with too much drama.
Whitney
I knew the other shoe was going to drop, but that was some straight-up bullshit! Hell no would I just easily forgive someone who lied to me like that. No one made an effort and no one said anything?! I don't care how much I love someone, what Shae did was a dick thing to do. And the more I think about it, the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.

This is my initial reaction and not even touching on other issues I had with this book. It was good until the last 30-40 pages ruined it.
R.B.
Apr 05, 2012 R.B. rated it really liked it
This was really amazing story about what can happen when you're unable to communicate about what bothers you in your relationship. About fears and frustrations that lead to some of very stupid decisions. About learning from your mistakes and the oportunity to start again...
I'd give it even 5 stars - story was so angsty as I like it - but then there had to be a little less of sex.
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

Not a lot of books can come close to the phrase ‘With friends like these, who needs enemies?' as much as this book did. While an already familiar, rich writing style did a lot to lift this book, I just had no love in me for any of the characters and my rating reflects the combination of appreciation and dislike.

Morgan is a man who seems to have his life in order. His career is thriving, his coffee shop – a sec
T.A. Webb
Apr 17, 2012 T.A. Webb rated it it was amazing
Morgan and Jase are happy. They really are. Morgan's an up-and-coming director's assistant, Jase an actor. They've been together three years and are preparing to marry. Life is wonderful.

Until Shae walks into the coffee shop Morgan owns. Shae, the man Morgan's known since kindergarten. His first friend. First kiss. First love. And the man he thought he would be with forever. Until Morgan cheated on him and Shae walked away for good.

It took him eighteen months, but Morgan put himself back togethe
★ ☆ Booksaholic ★ ☆
Jul 05, 2012 ★ ☆ Booksaholic ★ ☆ rated it did not like it
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Love, lies, caffeine junkies and hot sex, what's not to love about this book? Ms Brown pulled a wild emotional ride out of her bag of tricks with this book. Morgan is a rising star behind the scenes as an assistant director and the owner of a successful coffee shop called MC's in L. A. He is happily engaged to Jose, a hot young actor and life is looking good. Then Shane walks into MC's and the world starts to unravel. Morgan and Shan
Sadonna
Aug 19, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, contemporary
I wanted to like this book so much more than I did. It's not that I didn't like it, but when I was at 72%, I realized I really didn't care very much about what happened to these characters. They were both so stubborn that I wanted to smack them. There were just so many lies and so much interference that I just wanted to throw my hands up.

The writing is good in this book but I just couldn't connect with the main characters. All of the lying and deceit by outside people that had really significant
thelastaerie
Aug 10, 2012 thelastaerie rated it it was ok
I've read an earlier book (Nothing Ever Happens) by this author and quite enjoyed that book, despite having problem with the characterisation there. This one... didn't get better, actually got worse to the WTF level...

I'm sure the blurb sounds promising to many readers, but right from the first scene, the characters seemed off, both Morgan and Shae seemed short-tempered, petty and their supposed "life long love" for each other seemed superficial - lots of "I will never stop loving him/he's the l
Joanne
Apr 03, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing

I loved this book so much. Morgan and Shae were together, happy and settled when one night Morgan cheats on Shae. The betrayal runs so deep that Shae leaves and doesn't look back. Morgan moves forward, not really moving on, just forward, gets engaged, and then Shae comes back. From this point onwards the angst ramps up, Morgan finds his future is not as secure as he thought, and he finds out the Shae has secrets of his own, secrets that could stand in the way of a happy reconciliation. Stolen Dr
Lily
May 22, 2012 Lily rated it liked it
So much drama, so few emotional and relationship problems actually dealt with... A healthy dose of drama can be good to spice up the story, yet here I felt as if it was not combined with substance. For the protagonists' second attempt at a relationship to be believable considering their multitude of past and present issues, I thought more communication was necessary between them. Whenever a painful topic was supposed to be addressed, it was very quickly glossed over with a sex scene. Hot as ...more
Yvette
Dec 24, 2015 Yvette rated it really liked it
Sweet story about love lost and then found again with a little surprise. Sue Brown is great with her cute family vibe stories and this one is no different.
Serena Yates
Jan 31, 2015 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
This is such a heartrending story, mainly because the characters are so engaging, but also because what they go through is entirely possible. Mistakes are easy to make in relationships, and the more you love someone the higher their capacity to hurt you. The story of Morgan and Shae is a perfect illustration that love is not always enough – communication, trust, and the ability to forgive play at least as much of a role as simple physical and emotional attraction.

Morgan has a lot to learn. He ma
Meredith
Feb 24, 2015 Meredith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book evoked a lot of emotions from me. Where I understand no one can judge a relationship except those in it, I was so damn angry with Morgan and Shae. I imagine that was Sue's intention. My heart broke for Jase a lot! I don't think I could ever see a relationship fixable like Shae did. Morgan was... he was a lot of thing. I was frustrated immensely with this story and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's an angst driven book. You're supposed to want to throw your Kindle. I commend Sue ...more
Tamela
I enjoyed this story, the characters were good, but not great. I guess one of my boundaries is cheating, I really don't like to find out that one of my MC's doesn't have the kind of integrity to keep it in his OWN pants.

Morgan made a huge mistake by letting someone manipulate him, but then Shea only compounded it by not talking with Morgan. Instead he listened to what his "friends" told him and ran.

They're trying to work things out but these secrets are coming back to bite them, only this time t
Enny
Apr 23, 2012 Enny rated it liked it

There are some lies that are unforgivable and I had been in Morgan's place, I would've kicked Shae's lying ass to the curb. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that there were too many sex scenes in the book that did nothing to further the plot line. I think I need to read a YA book after this one.
Jacq
Apr 22, 2012 Jacq rated it really liked it
This book was a good read, Once again the master of anxiety and inner turmoil sticks again. The only down fall of the book is that miscommunication goes on a bit to long, thus you find your own anxiety rising. I give this book many cuddles because that is truly the goal. Well done Sue Brown. I enjoyed this book very much.
This book is a true five star!
Allybaba
Aug 19, 2012 Allybaba rated it it was ok
The premise for this was good - I normally don't read cheating but I like this author. Parts were good, but I honestly disliked the MCs and the secondary characters. They were all tools...I think he only thing I liked was the coffee shop...
Meggie
Jan 31, 2015 Meggie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This story simply doesn't work for me. I mean, do we have even realistic emotions?, Heck no! I can't even find one good part of this story, even ONE. And the way it ends, yeah Right!!
Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED!
OkayKim
May 24, 2012 OkayKim rated it did not like it
Could not get into this one. Both MC's seem like dippy's and both got what they deserve. A whole lot of BS in their lives.
Inked Reads
Mar 08, 2015 Inked Reads rated it really liked it
FiveStars
I can't say enough good things about this book. It held my attention throughout.

The story started out a little slowly, and it took me a while to warm up to both Shae and Morgan. They weren't likable in the beginning. That quickly changed as the plot developed, and I enjoyed getting to know them through the pages. I loved the supporting characters and how each of them carried a different piece of the puzzle with Shae and Morgan's past and Shae's multiple secrets.

There is a lot of very de
Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 04, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Dan

Another great book from Sue Brown. Well written characters and a well written story that is bound to appeal. I will say, I did want to reach in and slap at least one of the characters on more than one occasion. But isn’t that the sign of a really good author, when they can make us care about the characters enough to get annoyed with them? Good job Ms. Brown!

Morgan Conway messed up really badly five years ago. The love of his life, who he grew up with, and who was the only o
Chris
3.5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

It is clear that he is still deeply attracted to Shae and that feeling is returned. Unfortunately everyone else can see it, including his fiancé.

As Morgan and Shae get to know each other again, they disco
Janette
Mar 03, 2015 Janette rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Okay, I don’t know how to explain my feelings about this story. It's rare that I'm this uncertain about things at the end of a book, but nevertheless here I am. Neither of these heroes really won me over, yet I couldn’t tear myself away from their story. Normally when I don’t connect with or identify with a main character I feel detached, but that didn't really happen in this case. Maybe it’s the reunited lovers trope that reeled me in? Or maybe I just couldn’t wait to see if and how Sue Brown ...more
Caroline Brand
Mar 09, 2014 Caroline Brand rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.25 Stars

This is a book full of secrets and therefore quite difficult to review as I don’t want to give any of them away!
When Morgan cheated on Shae five years ago Shae left and literally never came back. Morgan was devastated by his actions and his loss but finally moved on. He is now engaged to actor and heart throb Hollywood actor Jase and looking forward to getting married.
When Shae walks into Morgans cafe one morning the two men are left stunned and obviousl
Erick
Aug 28, 2014 Erick rated it liked it
Where to start?

First we meet Morgan and his almost perfect life, then we learn he's not as perfect as he seems, he has made a lot of mistakes, but you still like the guy.

Then we meet Jase, his gorgeous fiancé who seems almost too perfect but then the author shows us a vulnerable almost insecure side of him. We like Jase and his chemistry with Morgan.

Then enters Shae a ghost from the past and Morgan's life is turned on its axis but it's still sort of good because dealing with unfinished businesse
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Stolen Dreams by Sue Brown 1 5 Feb 03, 2015 07:56AM
  • The Way Back (Kansas #1)
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
  • Fall Into the Sun (Alejo and Bobby, #1)
  • Finding Eden (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #4)
  • Cowboys Down
  • Lead Us Not
  • Clark's Story (The Making of a Man, #4)
  • Beggars and Choosers (Beggars and Choosers, #1)
  • All The King's Men
  • A Still, Small Voice
  • Split
  • Acting Out (Hollywood #2)
  • The Rare Event
  • Love Less Complicated
  • To Keep a Smile
  • Cutting Cords (Cutting Cords, #1)
  • Moving On
  • In the Penalty Box (Seattle Marauders, #2)
Sue Brown is owned by her dogs and two teenagers. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop.

Sue discovered M/M romance at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favourite television series. The series is long gone but the kissing was tender and Sue had a lightbulb moment.

Since then she has written many stories hoping to recreate that tender momen
More about Sue Brown...