Start by marking “A Dixie Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Dixie Christmas

A Dixie Christmas

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  49 reviews
New York Times Bestselling romance author Sandra Hill offers a special Xmas treat to her readers: two sexy, romantic novellas set in the land of Moonlight, Magnolias . . . and Santa Claus. In Blue Christmas, an uptight Boston businessman arrives in Memphis, Tennessee determined to sell the oddball "Blue Suede Suites" hotel he's inherited. Instead he lands in a pile of comp ...more
ebook
Published November 16th 2011 by BelleBooks, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Dixie Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dixie Christmas

Ruth
I received this set of two Christmas-themed short stories from netgalley, and I was really disappointed.

The first one is supposed to be an Elvis-themed Christmas story about a Wall St type finding lurve. There are some weakly amusing aspects, and I guess City Slicker-meets-Farm-Girl is an interesting trope, but it is just that, an overworked, quite old-fashioned plot. There are so many things wrong with this story that it's hard to know where to begin, but I'll do my best...

- If I came from Ten
Wminbc
Cute fun Christmas reads...I like quirky and this was certainly that!

See my comments below about the writing style (liked also)...and if you don't know by now: I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Nicky Cartwright Pashley
A Dixie Christmas by Sandra Hill is really two Novellas in one book.

I did not really enjoy this book. I enjoyed the humour in both stories but I neither liked the sentence construction or the lack of realism.

The first story Blue Christmas has two opposite personalities ~ Clayton is super rich, a successful business man with no family or close relationships. He has expensive clothes and lifestyle. He is stuffy and self absorbed. Annie is a member of large family, poor, ordinary, not afraid of ge
Joanne
'A Dixie Christmas' by Sandra Hill is two novellas in one book. The first novella is a quirky Elvis-themed Scrooge story. As you would expect it is very light-hearted and funny. It made me feel happy and left me with the spirit of Christmas. The second novella is based at Christmas but isn't such a Christmassy story. It is a light-hearted romance. Both stories were sexy and romantic.
Anne OK
Two holiday stories that were fun to read!
Silvana
I love Christmas story.
This is not a regular Christmas story this is a much more story about love and sex before Christmas.

Two stories one about Clayton Jessup and Annie and the other one about Brenda and Lance.
Clayton is a businessman. He is going to Memphis for selling his hotel “The Blue Suede Suites”. This hotel was belonging to his mother. She abandoned him and dies in Memphis in fire. All the time in this story seems like Elvis Prissily shows up over his songs and over the bizarre group
Lisa K
I chose this book because it was Christmassy, and I am a sucker for a good romance around the holidays. Unfortunately, A Dixie Christmas failed to meet my expectations, provoking more unimpressed groans and giggles than the desired heart fluttering, swoons and sighs.

A Dixie Christmas is a pair of stories, each written originally as a standalone short. The first story, Blue Christmas, follows an uptight business man to Memphis, where he has inherited a random hotel (the hotel sounded kind of fun
Kimberly
Let's cut to the chase here shall we?
I didn't like this book at all.
It gave me a migraine.

A couple of weeks ago one of my Goodreads groups was having a 24 hour read-a-thon and in an effort to meet one of the criteria for a prize I decided to read a few on my shorter kindle freebies that I've gotten and get them out of the way.

Despite the fact that this book only has a 2.76/5.00 star rating on Goodreads I thought that it would be perfect for the challenge as it's short, Christmasy (I don't mind
Rhonda
4 STARS
Two short stories in one book. Their is a lot of laughter,sex and Elvis in the first story.
Clayton Jessup III just inheritance a hotel themed around Elvis in Memphis, Tennasee. Clayton lives and works back east and can't believe this part he inherited. The rooms were all decorated around Elvis movies. His suite was the Roustabout. included cotton cany machine,hotdogs ect.
Clayton was planning on selling the hotel and the empty lot next door. When he heard animals he looked out the window a
Barbara
This is a two story anthology with both stories set around Christmas.
Blue Christmas was a cute story with an uptight businessman, Clayton Jessep III, who comes to Memphis to sell a hotel called The Blue Suede Suites and runs into a country family, including the gorgeous Annie Fallon, who make him realize that money isn't the most important thing in life. With the spirit of Elvis helping along the way, this was a fun read with lovely characters, especially Clay, once he got over being so uptight
Marissa Culp
A Dixie Christmas is actually made up of two short stories, A Jinx Christmas and A Blue Christmas, both published previously.

In A Jinx Christmas, Hill joins two of her series (Cajun and Jinx) for a wild ride to the Bayou where NASCAR driver Lance Caslow does everything he can to win back his ex-wife. Everything includes a talking to St. Jude, listening to his ex-wife’s Tante Lulu and participating in the Cajun Christmas show with the rest of the LeDeux men dressed in… well, not much actually.

I
Trish
Fiction; Romance
3 stars

A Dixie Christmas is comprised of two short romantic novellas written against a Christmas themed backdrop. They are quick, fun stories to read when you want to get a bit of the holiday spirit but are short on time.

The first story is called Blue Christmas and takes place in Memphis when a Boston businessman comes to town to check out a hotel he's recently inherited from his now deceased father. Complete with an Elvis themed nativity scene and a crazy family, this story is l
Marian
Sandra Hill really knows how to create original and enticing storylines!

This is a book of 2 short stories.

The first story revolves around a 30 year old man on a trip to Memphis to check out the hotel that his father bequeathed to him. There he soon grows annoyed with all of the obsession with Elvis and quickly grows annoyed with the people working the Elvis Nativity scene on his front lawn. One of them, Annie, catches his eye though.

The second story revolves around Lance, a Nascar driver who i
Karla V
Who knew Scrooge could be so hot?
Clayton Jessup III (described as a young version of Richard Gere, but taller) inherits a hotel named The Blue Suedes Suites. His father, a conservative Wall Street investment banker, had bought it 35 years ago and kept it a secret, until he died and his son became the owner.
Clayton hates everything Elvis and country music related. Oh, and he has no Christmas spirit whatsoever. Especially if it involves an Elvis-themed live Nativity scene in the vacant lot (which
Trea
I had this book chosen for me as a Pick It For Me Challenge, which was a good thing, since I've had this book in my TBR for two years now. During this challenge, I re-read The Love Potion by the same author, which I hadn't enjoyed previously and still didn't after the re-read. I wasn't expecting anything from this book, but I should have expected it to be just like The Love Potion. It was and wasn't. These were short stories, one shorter than the other. The NASCAR story was the more believable o ...more
Sally
A Dixie Christmas is two novellas in one book and I enjoyed both stories. Both set around the Christmas holiday they are fun, light hearted and romantic.

Blue Christmas is based in Memphis and when a business man comes to town to check out the hotel that was owned by his recently deceased father, he is determined to sell the hotel and get out of there as quick as possible. That is until he meets a family desperate for money to keep their farm afloat and who have come up with an Elvis themed Nati
Char
I know I'm reading fiction, but people having an orgasm just from kissing? If this was a fantasy book or set in the future to where they make special lipstick... anyway, I've read Sandra Hill's viking books before and really enjoyed them. I guess I'll stick with those.
Rita
Giggle Out Loud Fun!I only read the first story, but just had write a review. I grew up in the south and know a lot of people just like the ones in the story who love Elvis. And for all those people who think love at first sight is not real..it happen to me and I've been married 35 years. I found this story very cute. I kept laughing out loud! Yes it's hooky and silly but it is a fun read.
Kristi
3.5 stars - I chose this book after reading the round-robin written book, 'Twas the Night by Sandra Hill, Kate Holmes and Trish Jensen. I'm a sucker for the colorful characters of Southern fiction and enjoy indulging in mushy holiday fiction to help get me in the mood for the season. I was excited to see the two combined and was not disappointed.

Each of the two stories featured very differently colored characters, but they were all charming. As is common of holiday romances, some personal growth
Cathy
This is actually 2 novellas. Was free for Kindle.
A Dixie Christmas is the story of very rich Clayton Jessup III who inherits the Blue Suede Suites - a small hotel in Memphis. His nemesis is Annie Fallon, a dairy farmer with 5 brothers who, in dire need of cash for the farm convinces her brothers to pose in a live nativity scene on the vacant lot next to the hotel. Not just another nativity scene but an Elvis impersonation scene.
Jinx Christmas is the story of Lance Caslow, famed NASCAR driver, wh
PopcornReads
When I was looking for holiday stories, romances of one kind or another were the bulk of what I found. The book cover for A Dixie Christmas by bestselling author Sandra Hill was so whimsical that I couldn’t resist. This is a collection of two funny, sexy Southern Christmas short stories that seem more like novellas. During a season that has us all scurrying around like crazy, it’s nice to pick up something you know is going to be quick enough to read when you need a break from baking cookies and ...more
Tonileg
This was an Elvis theme heavy story with cute banter and a really quick one-at-first-sight plot. I did wonder how they were going to make a farmer-girl and a rich businessman relationship work because they are so radically different (socially and upbringing!). Those type of disparities make for a difficult (if not impossible) longterm relationship. I like the Holiday theme so I enjoyed to quick read that was free on kindle and there is a second short story with some NASCAR elements; Jinx Christm ...more
Beckey
Cute nicely written stories...this has 2 short stories in one book...

The first one had some cheesy Elvis lines but was funny... But cute nonetheless...(yeah it is possible for love at first sight but it rare...my parents are proof it's possible & lasting but it's rare nonetheless)

The second story was a story that a true sweetheart love never dies even after a divorce and 5 year break!!!

Not my cup of romance story, a bit too sappy & silly in some parts...
Sarah Collins
I enjoy a fun and easy read, but this felt totally brainless. The characters and story were under-developed, and the character's inner dialogue kept me groaning. It honestly felt like the sex scene and inner dialogue about sex was written first with a loose story around it to be able to call it a book. I understand that it was written as a comedy, but even a light hearted comedy needs at least a little substance, and for me this had none.
Linda
I'm sorry, but this book just totally misses the whole reason for Christmas. First you have a bunch of Nashvillians doing the birth of Christ in an Elvis parody. Then we move onto the sexual content. This just doesn't do it for me. I think I got to chapter 3, before deciding to move on to something a little more appropriate. Sorry, Sandra, but there's too many ways to work sex into books, without besmirching Christ's birth.
Jilly
This book was cute enough. Blue Christmas was the better of the two stories. I can't say I really loved either story but Blue Christmas with it's Scrooge like character meeting the woman he really wants and deciding the country life was for him over the high paced city life.

While Blue Christmas was cute it was a little cliche.

Jinx Christmas was a little much and, I thought, too short for the story to really develop.
Joan
I usually love Sandra Hill's book and her signature sense of humor has always suited me perfectly. I have to confess that these two short stories disappointed me. "Blue Christmas" was just too fantastical for me to really get involved in the story. "Jinx Christmas" was the better short story for me. I always enjoy Tante Lulu she is one of the best secondary characters that Sandra has ever created.
Brenda
I had just read a book in this series a couple of weeks ago, so when I saw this on Amazon I grabbed it. It was such a hoot-- even if you don't normally read Christmas themed stories this is a must read. An Elvis themed nativity-- LIVE. That's right. I laughed so much while reading this book. There are two stories, and Blue Christmas is by far the most fun, but Jinx Christmas is cool too.
Amy Denim
Two quick cute silly stories that I simply loved. I'm a sucker for people who are destined to be together but are from drastically different worlds. Plus in the second story we get Tante Lulu and a hot NASCAR driver and a glimpse into the life of the LeDueaxs. Perfect.
Deidre
Dec 08, 2011 Deidre marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

FYI: This book (KINDLE EDITION) will be available FREE as an early Christmas present from Sandra Hill on Amazon From 12/8/11 to 12/10/11.
Find Here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASI...

Just got my copy =)
Goodreads Librari...: Adding new audiobook 4 26 Oct 04, 2012 09:54AM
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • Angel Be Good
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Holiday Rush
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • Dating Mr. December
  • Mary's Son
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Christmas in Time
  • O Little Town
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh
More about Sandra Hill...
The Last Viking (Viking II, #1) Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2) The Reluctant Viking (Viking I, #1) The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3) The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)