Start by marking “Förrädarna (Kamelklubben #3) ” as Want to Read:
Förrädarna (Kamelklubben #3)

Förrädarna (Kamelklubben #3) (Camel Club #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  29,875 Ratings  ·  1,336 Reviews
Oliver Stone, ledare för den mystiska grupp som kallar sig Kamelklubben, är både fruktad och respekterad av dem som korsar hans väg. Genom att hålla ett vakande öga över ledarna i Washington DC har klubben fått nya anhängare men samtidigt skaffat sig fiender - även bland makthavare som är beredda att göra vad som helst för att hindra Stone och hans vänner från att avslöja ...more
Published June 3rd 2009 by Bra Böcker (first published November 6th 2007)

Lee Battersby
Jun 16, 2014 Lee Battersby rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There isn't a cliche in the world that David Baldacci doesn't hit in this book. Leaden prose, two-dimensional characters, the standard retired-super-soldier-with-secret-past plot.... this is Lee Child for the silver set, so greyishly familiar and just downright stupid that it might be the first novel to pass the Turing Test, it's so hard to believe it was written by a human author and didn't, somehow, write itself from a few choice prompts. Don't bother.

Mahoghani 23
Nov 08, 2016 Mahoghani 23 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carter Gray & Roger Simpson are two of the most self-serving people who should not be in leadership positions but they are. They've sacrificed others for their own benefit as well as taken lives.....now they're on the receiving end of their own devious plots. Someone wants them dead and has the skills and capabilities to do so. As usual, Carter Gray sacrifices John Carr aka Olver Stone. The price for that deception is something neither Roger or Carter can afford.

This story was written to inc
Toni Osborne
Feb 12, 2009 Toni Osborne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camel Club, book 3

Annabelle Conroy is again joining Oliver Stone and the Camel Club's group of mismatched characters in this suspenseful and unforgettable novel of revenge, conspiracy and murder.

The previous novel "The Collector" (a must read) laid the background for this novel, in it Annabelle Conroy pulled a con on Casino king Jerry Bagger and she is now hunted by him and needs all the resources the Camel Club can provide to protect her.

While protecting Annabelle, the group faces a new opponen
Emilie Hendryx
Apr 22, 2017 Emilie Hendryx rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, thriller
I really enjoyed this third book in the Camel Club series! I liked it much better than book 2. I think Baldacci just does incredible jobs with forming "soldier heroes". His character Harry Finn reminds me a lot of John Puller (a character whom I LOVE) from Baldacci's Puller series and the way his love for his family is portrayed along with the "other" things he's a part of really walk that line between loving his character and yet hating what he has to do.

As always, the Camel Club is awesome! I
Linda Munro
Mar 19, 2015 Linda Munro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In November, when I broke out with Shingles for the second time in my life, my doctor was concerned, but four months later when it happens again; I ended up sitting in her office nearly an entire day; thank heaven, I brought a book!

I love David Baldacci! I learned about his books on goodreads.com, which, by the way, is the only place I now check for books and authors!

This is the third book in the Camel Club series, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I am reading these books well after they have
Mark
Mar 03, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of decent thriller & david Baldacci
Recommended to Mark by: the satisfactory writing of David Baldacci
The sequel to The Collectors and book 3 in the Camel Club series, offers once again two seperate storylines that this time do not merge at all. They take place side by side. First of the Annabelle part of the story gets its conclusion when Jerry Bagger gets his chance to apprehend the girl he could have loved but conned him out of 40 million dollars. And we all know a man has gotta do what a mans gotta do. The ending of this story was unavoidable but decent enough.
Story two is in essence a seque
Barry
Jun 24, 2009 Barry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another page turner in the style my friend Laura calls Scooby Doo stories. There are miraculous resolutions brought on by incredible coincidences that bring the story to an end.
Mind you, there were a few miraculous incidents along the way as the story developed as well. Characters were blessed with almost divine omniscience to know exactly what their antagonists were doing and thinking.
While all the juggling is taking place, snipers shooting through photos at a quarter mile and so forth, the gu
Keith
Oct 05, 2008 Keith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read that rates high on the entertainment scale but stretches the credulity of even regular fans of “secret government” paranoia. An old guy with all of the physical strength of a twenty year old but the experience of decades, a mind like a computer and the structural character of an ancient oak who has actually learned something from his past mistakes. Hmm..I like the concept but…nah, I’ll stick with superman or 007.
Franco  Santos
Nov 12, 2014 Franco Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En mi opinión es el mejor libro de la saga del Camel Club. Es sumamente adictivo y está lleno de acción. En éste los secretos más oscuros de Oliver Stone se revelan, poniendo en peligro a las personas más queridas del exagente.

Es un libro que marca un antes y un después en la serie. Esta entrega te rompe el corazón.

Como dice en la contratapa de la novela: Las vidas de los sobrevivientes de esta historia cambiarán para siempre.
Corey
Jan 27, 2013 Corey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by David Baldacci that I've read, and since it was the third installment in the Camel Club series and I haven't read the previous two books I thought I'd be lost with this one. But no, it was very straightforward, and right up my alley, and since reading this book I've become a big David Baldacci fan.
Brenda H
Feb 07, 2017 Brenda H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this third installment of the Camel Club series, we begin to get more of Oliver Stone's history. Someone is killing Oliver's teammates from his CIA days. Oliver needs to find out who and why before they come after him. If that wasn't enough to keep Oliver and his Camel Club buddies busy, Annabelle Conroy is back in town with Jerry Bagger hot on her heels.

I listened to this on audiobook and really enjoyed the story. The story was interesting, fast-paced, and kept the listener wondering. An add
Vikas Khair
Oct 12, 2016 Vikas Khair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Third part of Camel Club series and so much better and fast paced. This one again sees two parallel stories where one guy is killing people and on the other hand our camel club is going through life adjusting after the events of the last book. This was fast quick fun but what a sad end to a wonderful story (No Spoilers from my side).
Jill Ibsen
Jan 17, 2008 Jill Ibsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Baldacci will most likely get a 5 star rating from me each and every time. I absolutely love his stories...I get so wrapped up in the characters! Especially the Camel Club bunch. *Spoiler alert* This could very well be the last of the Camel Club books. I am bummed :( But as usual, I had trouble putting it down at all!!! So good!!!
Edy
Mar 24, 2017 Edy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The two men sat on a bench near the statue of a Polish general whom history remembered as a sound ally of the Americans in their war for independence. He was also a man, it was probably safe to say, hardly any American alive today would either know or care about."

This text gave this book one more star from me.
Evelyn Wilson
Mar 12, 2017 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#3 of the Camel Club's books. Con games with Annabelle, spying with Oliver. If I didn't know there are more Camel Club books I would swear he died in the end. I am so glad he took care of Gray & Simpson. Like Hillary, Simpson had zero business becoming POTUS. I can't believe half the people in America are being so rough on our present POTUS. After all, they all let Obama do exactly what he wanted for the last 8 years. Now both Obamas are becoming arrogant, snobby, better than anyone else sin ...more
Steven Kent
Oliver Stone is an ex-government assassin who now lives and works in a small graveyard outside of Washington D.C. He has a secret.
Annabelle Conroy is a girl on the run. She is a con artist who just took a very angry casino owner for $40 million.
Caleb is librarian in the rare books section of the Library of Congress who no taste for adventure.
Ruben is a 65-year-old former special forces operative working in a loading dock.
Milton is a computer and math genius who, like Caleb, prefers his gunfights
Riley Blue

Oliver Stone y el Camel Club- un grupo de ex agentes de la CIA dispuesto a no dejar impunes los crímenes perpetrados por los servicios de inteligencia- se enfrentan a una peligrosa aventura. Su amiga Annabelle Conroy ha estafado millones de dólares a Jerry Bagger, asesino de su madre y dueño de un exitoso casino en Atlantic City. Stone y sus colegas cierran filas para proteger a Annabelle, pero sus habilidades no serán suficientes cuando un mortífero adversario resurja del misterioso pasado de S
hllf
May 02, 2009 hllf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly excellent; my favorite Baldacci novel. Below is a breakdown of my rating:

Enjoyability: 5
Re-Readability: 4.5
Character Development: 4.5
Complexity: 4
Writing Style: 4.5
Believability: 4
Overall: 4.42

First, let me start by saying that I read this book about four months prior to writing this review, so it may not be as detailed as my more recent reviews; when I reread the book, I will update where necessary.

This book is the third in the Camel club series and definitely my favorite. It picks up rig
Kelly
Jul 02, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third installment of Oliver Stone//Camel Club novels. Intrigue and suspense.
In the Camel Club's previous novel, "The Collectors", Annabelle Conroy, the beautiful and resourceful con artist extraordinaire, relieved Jerry Bagger, her mother's murderer and filthy rich casino owner and crime boss, of $40 milliion dollars. Bagger will stop at nothing to exact his revenge and kill Annabelle ... slowly, luxuriously and very, very painfully!

Meanwhile (one might say, back at the ranch!), som
Sharon
Exciting Story that will keep you on the edge!
I’ve always enjoyed David Baldacci's Camel Club series and their group of peculiar characters. The books are exciting and always keep you on the edge.
In this story there are several plots and subplots going on. In one plot we find Oliver Stone, who went by the name of, John Carr, as a former CIA assassin, comes to grips with a terrible mistake that he made years ago. He had terminated an innocent man who was falsely identified as a traitor. While St
Patricia Williams
David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors but I must say The Camel Club series is not my favorite by him. I do enjoy any book he writes but this is my main complaint about this book and other Camel Club books. Too many characters, too many names to keep up with and then some of the characters have two names. So I spent some time looking back and forth in the book and trying to remember who was being spoken of. Other than that, the book was very good and a good story. I would recommend to myst ...more
Michelle
Nov 17, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reading
I usually avoid giving five stars to my "guilty-pleasure," escapist reading. This is not a book that changed my life or made me a better person, it was just a book kept me turning pages. Although I've loved the whole Camel Club series, this one was the best yet. I loved the plot twists and the unique characters. I'm headed to the bookstore for "Divine Justice" because I can't wait for the 300+ people on the waiting list at the library to finish it.
Iris
Feb 17, 2013 Iris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
So far, Stone Cold is my favorite of the Camel Club series. Unfortunately, I do not think the book would have been as enjoyable without having read the previous two. Stone Cold finishes Annabelle's story that was started in The Collectors. It also pulls in Carter Gray from The Camel Club, bringing a better conclusion to that story as well.
Sally Lindsay-briggs
This author has been touted as great. This book proved it. Initially, I had trouble keeping all the characters straight but I kept up through this thoroughly intriguing, twisting plot with spies and turned spies and assinations that appeared to cause deaths. It was believable and the characters were very, very real with bravery, guts and skills. Loved it.
Kay
Jan 10, 2008 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This was one of the best that concern the Camel Club. I was sick when I read it [literally] and I finished it too quick. It's one of those books you don't want to put down and you sure don't want it to end. Annabelle is back to team up with the guys and there are several problems they must solve. Full of action.
Betty
Jan 17, 2013 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! The short chapters keeps your saying just one more before lights out - 10 chapters later you are still reading. I am going back to read the first book in the series before I read the last two. Great writer, keeps reader locked into the story and the characters.
Gail Stewart rumsey
I am still very fond of the Camel Club and enjoyed this book very much. I did hate the fact that a main character died. I never like when that happens (I still have not forgiven Preston/Childs for the death of Willam Smithback many years ago). On to the next in the series.
Richard White
Dec 05, 2013 Richard White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
As good as if not even better than the first two.
Jyoti
May 13, 2014 Jyoti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story that will keep you on edge. I love the way in which the book is written. Must read if you really love suspense, thriller.
Amy
Jun 29, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series. I need to remember to request the next book in the series from the library BEFORE I start the current book!
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN-978-0-446-57739-1 2 27 Jan 23, 2013 12:32PM
adventure/mystery 3 45 Aug 30, 2011 08:03AM
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • The Last Patriot (Scot Harvath, #7)
  • Wild Fire (John Corey, #4)
  • The Traitor (Tommy Carmellini #2)
  • A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon, #4)
  • The First Counsel
  • The Charlemagne Pursuit (Cotton Malone, #4)
David Baldacci writes because he can't imagine not writing. He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; one year later, it was adapted for film, with Clint Eastwood as its director and star. In total, David has published 30 novels for adults; all have been national and international bestsellers, and several have been adapted for film and television. His novels have been translated into ...more
More about David Baldacci...

Camel Club (5 books)
  • The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1)
  • The Collectors (Camel Club, #2)
  • Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)
  • Hell's Corner (Camel Club, #5)

“Find something to believe in, Carter, other than your work. Because when you leave this life, you leave work behind. If that’s all you have, then you have nothing. And eternity is a long time for nothing.” 1 likes
“chauffeur of three, including a precocious, independent-minded teenage boy.” 0 likes