Start by marking “Mending Fences” as Want to Read:
Mending Fences

Mending Fences

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  39 reviews
She was the first woman to turn him down. CEO-turned-rancher Curran Shaw is no stranger to hard work, but women have never required much effort. When a mysterious brunette at a resort-town Halloween party sparks his interest and then vanishes, he vows to finish what she started. It's finding her that's going to be the hard part. He was her fantasy, and that's all he could ...more
Published February 23rd 2012 by Mini Gray Moose Publishing (first published February 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mending Fences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mending Fences

Radella
Wow, is about all I can say. I could not put this book down, I became so completely engrossed with the characters. Curran is the multimillionaire ex-CEO who abruptly ran away from his past to hide in the Utah mountains. Victoria is also seeking refuge in the mountains, trying to make a living while recovering from years of emotional abuse. Although there is instant attraction, they are both too wary to really give in to the mounting desire. Sexual tension runs high throughout this book, as both ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Mending Fences started out good but then it lagged for a while and though it had it good moments it never really redeemed itself. I can't say I hated it because I didn't. I really wanted to keep going and see how it played out. It was just a chore to do so.

Curran Shaw meets Victoria Linden at a bar on Halloween. They were both in costume and Curran was sure no one would recognise him. Victoria is a reporter and knows who he is. Fast forward, they meet again when Victoria is housesitting and is o
Sherylb
Started out good, got a little boring and just ended up to be an "ok" read.
M.J. Fredrick
A man who's removed himself from society meets a woman with secrets of her own.

Curran Shaw is a CEO who made a spectacle of himself, dating starlets and being featured in tabloids, then he drops out of the public eye and moves to the mountains of Utah.

He encounters a mystery woman at a bar on Halloween. Both of them are masked, but she recognizes him. See, once upon a time she did a story on him. She doesn't let on, and leaves him with a kiss he can't get out of his head.

Months Victoria Linden i
Guilty Pleasures
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Mending Fences is a wonderful heartwarming book you curl up with when you want to escape into another world. Lucy was successful in making these characters believable, and getting you to care about not only the main couple but the secondary couple as well.

Curran Shaw gave up his high powered job as a CEO of his own company when living life in front of the social media got to be too much. He is happy living on his Utah Ranch, but he does get a tad bit lonel
Tonileg
CEO-turned-rancher Curran Shaw is a paradoxical man because he wants isolation and privacy but still have the human need to be social and in society. So he goes out disguised on Halloween night to a tredy bar so that he can have the best of both worlds, anonymity and society.
Victoria Linden is there for much the same reasons, but she avoids relationships because she was seriously abused by her last boyfriend, she has many secrets and has build a strong wall around herself and society to protect
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Curran & Victoria meet in a club on Halloween. Curran is captivated by Victoria after she plants a hot kiss on him & then leaves.

He later meets her again at the edge of his property when he goes out looking for his runaway bison who got tangled up in a barbed wire fence.

He persuades Victoria to date him - not knowing that she's a journalist. (He's gone off the grid & tries to stay away from the press.)

Victoria has some pretty ironclad ground rules about dating that she won't allow h
Leah
Fantastic book. It started out slow and I thought it was going to be one that I has to fight through, then, it was addictive. I couldn't put it down and I LOVED Victoria. She was strong and sweet. I can't say enough about the sweetness if this book.
Jen_C
3-1/2 stars.
I did not enjoy this quite as much as Lucy's other books that I have read but it was still good. Just a bit slow/dragging for me at times as far as revealing the lead characters pasts to each other. As a personal preference, I like my heroes to be a bit more alpha, but I tell you this guy could still melt your heart. He is so patient & tender with her although he does have a temper. Mostly clean as far as love scenes but some coarse language.

I love supporting a local author and
MyNy
I try my best not to think that much about it. O.o

It's not dreadful, that I can tell.
You can read it pretty fluently, it doesn't take much time nor brainpower. *ahem* The writing would have gotten the book a solid two-star "it was okay", mentally added "kinda".
But.
The world view.

I won't even start on the "no sex before marriage"-stuff. I don't dare mention the e-word (and hey, women escaping abusive relationships is not emancipation in itself!).
I just don't.

No more word.
2 stars for writing w
Kim
good read but a slow read I liked it but it didnt have a lot of excitement kinda felt like everyday life
Nancy
I very rarely write reviews because I always have a difficult time trying to put my thoughts in writing. So when I actually write one is because the story merits a review. I LOVED this book! I really enjoyed how Curran's & Victoria's relationship was gradual. I hate stories that have the characters jump in bed shortly after meeting. The sexual tension is palpable in this story. I felt Victoria's pain. This story truly is one of healing, forgiveness, and LOVE.

Definitely a MUST read!
Karen
I'm blown away by the quality of content and writing skill this book (and its author) possesses. I was moved enough to send Ms. Francis a personal note, praising her treatment of some fairly serious issues.

She deals with situations in a very real way, without being preachy or heavy-handed.

The love story is also beautiful, and I definitely felt a connection to these characters.

A highly recommended read.
D.S. Williams
This was a lovely and entertaining romance, with excellent growth in the characters and an enjoyable story involving the secondary characters. Great to see the author using a gentle growth of a relationship between the characters and avoiding the the characters falling into bed with one another instantly. It was a beautiful way to write the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Genney Blass
It was a very interesting reading. I gave it 3 stars because at the end it was very pleasant. I understand a woman that goes to a very tramatic relationship would close all her emotions to be with someone new, but it was repetive until the end. But she was strong and had to respect her self.
McKenna
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I feel in love with the Hero and felt for the heroine. This is a story about personal growth and love. Learning to trust again and learning to open up.

The Secondary Characters were just a great too.

Good quick weekend read.
Sherri
I thought this was an easy wonderful read. I loved the Utah mountain laid back feel. The characters are like able and very real. Some of their written thoughts could have been plucked from my head. Well written and interesting enough for me to buy her 2nd book.
Mia Downing
My, what a great read! Curran is yummy, such a hero with understandable flaws. One can't help but cheer for Victoria when Curran sits up and takes notice. It's a definite emotional grabber! I can't wait to read the next book.
Alisa
I'm not big on romances but read this book because my cousin wrote it. She did a great job! I was hooked from the start! I really enjoyed the characters and the suspense throughout! two thumbs up from me!
KK
One of my favorite things about my kindle is the free treasures I find, and this is one of them! A quick read with likable characters. Just about the only thing I didn't like was the pet rat. LOL!
Michelle Mankin
I really liked this story. Reluctant successful business man trying to remain incognito in West. The opening scene in the bar i still remember months later. Good solid read.
Robin Christofaro
I really enjoyed this one. It was different enough from the typical story lines that you find to make you want to keep reading. I loved the characters...really cute!
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Her abuser jailed
He runs from tabloid spotlight
Both badly damaged

Well written story
Serious, emotional
With surprise suspense
Judy Uckotter
A fast read. Typical "chick" book. Not a lot of substance, didn't have to do any thinking. But sometimes I enjoy these types of books.
Anna
I read this book in one day. it was really good. Great plot lines, great characters and quite believable. Quick fast read.
Debbie
The only thing I like about is book was it is in Utah. It started out good and went down hill. Not a believable story.
Laura Miller
Good storing but not any heat to it. Has a little drama at the end. Good for a quick easy read.
Nicole Deatherage
This one was just...meh...for me.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth writing home about, either.
Elizabeth
An easy to read Summertime romance...with enough mystery to keep the reader involved.
Kristi Echandy
this is such a good read. it touches on so many different subjects that people face.
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Midnight Sun
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Breaking The Rules
  • Taming Clay
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • Falling For Her Boss
  • Much Ado About Marshals
  • Lost in Italy
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • Return to Paradise
  • Family Honor (A Cop in the Family, #3)
  • Playing the Game
  • Midnight Lover
  • Eagle's Run (Texas Passions, #1)
  • The Storm Within