Start by marking “The Dom for His Alpha” as Want to Read:
The Dom for His Alpha

The Dom for His Alpha (Dark Times #1)

[Menage Amour ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Consensual BDSM Menage a Trois Romance, M/M/M, werewolves, vampires, demons, spanking, sex toys, HEA] Dark faces the fact he will never enjoy the feel of a whip or a flogger on his ass again. The new alpha of the light pack cannot be seen as weak. Until the following morning when Dark answers his door to the sexiest ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dom for His Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dom for His Alpha

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
421st out of 685 books — 1,008 voters

More lists with this book...

Velithil Sun
I wanted to like this book, really I did, but it was just not possible. The story was interesting at the beginning but the more I read the more I realised that this book is a mess. I like a story that involves mates but this is just too much.

The writing itself kept jumping who we were fallowing without any warning one minute it is Kai then a next it was Harry. It was confusing trying to keep up with who was doing what.

The actual story itself was a little on the boring side and there were a lot
Serena Yates
Apr 28, 2012 Serena Yates rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-m
This story has a lot of potential. With a supernatural world of 12 equal races, all ruled by a council, and an interesting combination of mates for the first volume, I wish this story had been checked for inconsistencies. I liked the three mates (a wolf alpha who is a sub, a dominant vampire doctor, and a fiery lust demon), but their characters were flat and missing real motivation. The BDSM was more kink than real D/s and was disappointing for me.

Nevertheless, the concept of this world is inter
Ter
Apr 21, 2012 Ter rated it it was ok
1.5
I didn't care this one.
This is a first time author who really needs to someone read her stories first to help point out where it needs a little help, honestly.
I really wanted to like this one and the rest in the series. (but unfortunately not so much.
The writing does jump around between the men and not really know who we are following at times.
I had problems right away in the Prologue, (view spoiler)
Sabine
Mar 06, 2012 Sabine rated it really liked it
I really like this books. It was more that I expected. It has hot, very hot sex, but also a very well written story. Very recommendable.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Dark has just won the Alpha challenge when he comes across his mate Kai. Kai is not all that happy to have found his mate, especially as he lives in New York and the wolf lives in Texas. But, just as Kai and Dark work things out they find they have another mate, Harry, who is being treated badly in Dark’s BDSM club. Can the three paranormals work things out or will their enemy win?

This is a story that I had hi
Felicia (Ferishia)
Beth
May 26, 2013 Beth rated it it was ok
I liked the blurb so I read the book. Too bad it took me almost twice as long to read as most books this length usually do. Considering the book was published through Siren/Bookstrand there must have been some editing done. You wouldn't know it by the glaring grammatical and phrasing errors that abound in this book. I had to reread sentences often to try to make sense of them. And there were quite a few times when I wasn't quite sure what character we were currently in the head of. Also a few ...more
Angyl
Aug 28, 2014 Angyl rated it did not like it
Could not get into this book. Started out with too much info all at once. Almost like she was trying to give me the background of each character as fast as possible so she could continue with the story. It felt like I started reading in the middle of a series. No lead up to events or meeting of characters. Choppy writing, long sentences, use of same words over and over (ex. double negatives in one sentence). Switching between past and present tense. I'm surprised Siren published this book while ...more
Angie
Mar 04, 2012 Angie rated it liked it
This is one of those "fated mates" book, which I enjoy, but I wish it had either been longer, or tried to do less. The world building was good, but it was a big, complex world with 12 distinct "types" of supernaturals and a war beginning. While I enjoyed the sex and the relationships, I felt like the romance should have been more focused on, and the "other" stuff and supernatural politics spread out among more books (as it appears this is the first book of a series).

Still, a good first showing
adrienne
had potential, plot-wise (only reason i'm giving this 2 stars instead of 1), but is full of awkward, stilted sentences, and rambling explanatory paragraphs that were unbroken by dialogue.

kai and dark were overly dramatic whiny bitches. furthermore? dark is stabbed, and kai, his mate who is a doctor, had no idea how to help him, so after he passed out, just laid down beside the unconscious man and fell asleep. i had to force myself to read the entire book.
Angie
Mar 07, 2012 Angie rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotic-m-m
I think I read that this was Ms Shaw's first publication. It is a pitty that she did not choose to write it in conjunction with an experienced author, someone who would have no doubt lent their experience. When reading, if I find myself constantly reconstructing sentances, I tend to put the book away unfinished and unfortunately this was the case with this publication. Maybe the authors next effort will see some improvement.
AkFa
Sep 09, 2013 AkFa rated it it was ok
I loved concept of this story but not rendering. Such a great idea and so sorely mistreated. I have a filling like an author had a great story to be told but didn't want find time to write it. BDSM was unreal and not quite fitting in with the whole concept. If Dark is an Alfa I'm a princess of charm.
Jae Moran
Dec 30, 2012 Jae Moran rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
Lots of potential... not so much execution. A few too many things going on and some of it over the top. It was a book in desperate need of a good editor.

I did like the world in concept and the characters were good too. I will probably give the series another chance before I give up on it.
Ale Rivero
Nov 15, 2013 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it
Una historia bastante entretenida, me gustan los tríos sobrenaturales, aunque no sé si será en la traducción o en la narración original pero la redacción me pareció un poco deficiente, a pesar de todo me ha gustado bastante.
Skye Blue
I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting much when I started this.
The first chapter had my optomistically hopeful that I was wrong....I really thought, maybe this might be decent.

Then it all just went downhill.
I liked the idea, but not the follow through.
Kimberly
Jul 15, 2013 Kimberly rated it did not like it
.05 stars. I won't elaborate b/c most here have already said what I was thinking. And to Siren who pubbed this, really disappointed considering I bought the whole series and the second book is almost as bad as the first.
Virginia
This one fell flat for me. A Siren instant love book but the story was too superficial even if a lighter read. Plus, got a little old reading several times about the lengths of the guys' cocks. Uh, bit unnecessary.
Maya
Mar 24, 2012 Maya rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook, christine-shaw
I couldn't finish it and that is the first time I do something like that. The characters are two dimentional and the dialogue was just so....unreadable...
Clover
May 24, 2012 Clover rated it it was ok
it was better than a JF book but just by a hair.
took me an entire week to read it, very confused by the story and the characters.the BDSM was more kinky than actual BDSM.
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2013
Alli
Alli rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Shanna
Shanna rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Tisha Barcus
Tisha Barcus rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Minantarany
Minantarany rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Georgine
Georgine rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Accepting The Impossible (Guide to Armageddon #1.0)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
  • Enslaved by a Brute (Sold! #4)
  • Tor (Werewolf Fight League #1)
  • My Angel Cheetah (Purrfect Mates #4)
  • Alrik (C-7 Shifters #1)
  • Training Michael (Brats in Training #4)
  • Hajiri's Pet (Midnight Rain #1)
  • Chalice (Planetary Submissives #1)
  • Oscar (Leopard's Spots #2)
  • Sword of the King (Dance with the Devil, #5)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
  • Broken
  • Crow and Firefly
  • Bitter Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #2)
As a woman, Christine is the typical romantic. Long walks on the beach, and a man or men to keep her warm in the cold winter months of England is her idea of perfection.

Falling in love with Erotic Romance from the first page was a calling beyond no other and suddenly twenty years of what she calls an “overactive imagination” finally paid off. Her mind races ahead two or three books. She always has
More about Christine Shaw...

Dark Times (5 books)
  • River's Pet, Angel (Dark Times, #2)
  • Trip's Fury (Dark Times, #3)
  • Sweetly Addictive (Dark Times, #4)
  • Accepting a Mate (Dark Times, #5)