Start by marking “While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)” as Want to Read:
While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)

While It Lasts (Sea Breeze #3)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  44,006 ratings  ·  1,978 reviews

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball --or he d
Published July 31st 2012 (first published April 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about While It Lasts, please sign up.

Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie I agree. I don't know why they didn't make it a TV series. Plus who they cast as Krit is terrible. But I love the casting of Cage.
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
46th out of 5,553 books — 20,403 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
24th out of 1,001 books — 6,860 voters

More lists with this book...

Tough Critic Book Reviews
Dear Abbi Glines,

I've been a reader of yours for sometime now. Even before Fifty Shades of Grey introduced my girly bits to a full blown bookgasm; I was a Glines reader. The sharp edge to your YA-writing style tends to posses a reader!

However, me and the actual stories have had quite the love/hate relationship. Imagine a hot guy that gets you all worked up, makes you feel it in all the right places, but every single time he finishes without ever giving you the big "O". Of course you still keep
Stacia (the 2010 club)
We Now Interrupt Your Regular Review Programming for a Rather Long Ramble.

I am going to opt out of writing a traditional review of this book. Here's my end note up front, so you can read it and move on while I stay behind and rant to myself :

Who should read this book? Anyone who loves protective, slightly possessive alpha males who are sexy as hell and love to think, talk and act dirty. If you like lots of great sexual tension, being inside of a man's head as he thinks naughty thoughts, and yum
Taryn at My Secret Romance
Apr 06, 2015 Taryn at My Secret Romance rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Taryn at My Secret Romance by: Splage

I've come to the conclusion that Abbi Glines is not for me. I've read four books of hers now and none of them left a good taste in my mouth except for Asher. Asher was... Awesome! Seriously, Asher was a favorite read of mine last year. If those were available on Amazon, I would scoop those babies up and read them asap. Sadly they're not and I don't read books on websites.

Anyway, at least I gave Abbi a fair shot. But no more.

While Cage definitely had his moments, I don't see what all t
 ✿Alyssa✿
Aug 25, 2012 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
To sum it up: Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it.

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed
Sheryl
A HUNDRED STARS, A THOUSAND STARS... OH HECK FOR THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS CAGE ALONE, A MILLION STARS!!!!

OH MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS..... i'll will write my proper review soon BUT in the meantime...

I'm sure lots of you remember how crazy i was for Marcus in Because of Low... well... i can SAFELY say after finishing While It Lasts, that i am A MILLION times more in love with Cage... Who would have thunk it... after meeting Cage in Because of Low, i was CONVINCED he was the biggest man-whore/a$$wipe
♥Rachel♥
Aug 07, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut MondayClub

While It Lasts is a companion novel in the Sea Breeze series. When I first heard that Abbi Glines was writing a book about Cage, I was a little skeptical. Cage is a character we first met in Because of Low, and to be honest, I was not part of his fan club. In fact this is my status update at 31% in Because of Low: “Someone needs to tell Cage this is no way to woo a woman. Cage=Moron!” He was a total man-whore who had a different girl/girls, every time he came into the picture (yes, girls as in p
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 to 4 stars

A fun, sweet, and emotional book. It's also sexy, frustrating, humorous, brazen, and full of stereotypical college age drama. I very much enjoyed reading this story.
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Cage stars**

Apparently, I'm the last romance reader to read this steamy Abbi Glines book. :) I had read book 2, Because of Low, in 2012 but never made it around to reading the others in this series. While browsing the local online library I saw this one was available as an audio download. Both a male and female read Cage and Eva's parts. I know I've said it before but audios can be great because they allow you freedom to do other things while listening-> you can cook dinner, go on a wal
Kristin (KC)
"She had the power to break me. No one had ever been given that power, ever. Eva could do it. If I let her in any further she could completely destroy me."

When Eva and Cage first meet there is an immediate attraction...but Eva, a good girl trying to cope with a recent tragedy, wants nothing to do with a (gorgeous) bad-boy like Cage who was sent there to work for her father as punishment for his DUI. Besides, even if she was interested, her father has forbidden her to even go near Cage...

Let's
Susanne
4.5 Cowboy Stars!

Abbi Glines – I love you again! It was IMHO her best one yet. I cried, laughed and tingled all over. I want to spend my summer on a hot cowboy ranch with Cage York to drool over.

“You see somethin' ya want, baby?"
"Maybe. I'm checking things out. Seeing if I'm interested," I shot back with my own evil grin.
"I see something I want," he drawled as he came toward me.
"You do?"
Lisa Jayne
I think I just struck gold with my latest read by Abbi Glines. I have always enjoyed her books, but 'While it lasts' was in a different league altogether.

The book starts with a heart clenching prologue which sets the scene nicely for the addictive read.

Gorgeous Bad boy with the kindest heart, meets bitter, heartbroken country girl - Need I say more? Let the fireworks begin ...

I gobbled this book up, it totally had me from chapter one, when I wasn't reading (and attempting to function in 'real li
Courtney Wyant
Will I make it to August 7th?? I seriously doubt it!!! I need CAGE NOW!!
Someone take me to Cage Heaven!!! I want him!! I want him now!!

Starts off:

Ends: ((This is what you did Abbi! :) ))
glitter-graphics.com
Splage
Review posted to: Swept Away By Romance

5 GIGANTIC Stars
Genre: Contemporary, MATURE Young Adult Romance
Heat Barometer: 4 out of 5 flames
Written from alternating POV’s of Cage & Eva

LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! This is what I want when I read a YA romance, the raw lust, the passion, the freshness of young love, the way you feel when the H&h can hardly function because of the intense obsession for each other. Boy, does it bring back memories and that is what I am looking for when I pick up a
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

I knew this book was going to be special and steal my heart when I had tears reading the first couple of pages.. Yes, this book had me at the prologue!

I’ve been in a bit of a book funk and when I heard this was coming out I couldn’t wait to get started and it definitely didn't disappoint.

I’ve anxiously been waiting for Cage’s book. I wanted to see who would break through this bad boys shell and what type of girl Cage would give his heart to.

Eva was perfect. She was everything I would w
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
I'm a ABBI GLINES fan! I've been waiting for Cage Story after i fall in Love with Marcus. Glad he had a happy ending! Love it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tammara
Abbi is one of my critique partners, so I'm biased. ;) But she's a fantastic storyteller, and whenever she's got a new manuscript ready, I'm tempted to drop everything to "work" on it. The story of Cage York was no exception. If Cage pulled at your heart (or other body parts) during Because of Low, he'll have you fanning yourself and saying, "Oh my goodness," the moment he steps onto the page.
Erin
Hooooooly moley, Abbi Glines has nearly left me speechless!!! I say nearly because I am actually going to write this review...despite the fact that sentences aren't forming as clearly in my head as they should be right now, thanks to a certain god-like steamy fantasy come true named Cage that I was just treated to!!
....................................*long, breathless, lightheaded sigh* ..........................

While It Lasts is the book I've been waiting for anxiously since I first heard that
Madison Seidler
Check out this and other reviews at Madison Says.

Absolutely loved it. Can't even review it yet but it was just ridiculous. I thought I was obsessed with the Vincent Brothers, but Cage just blew them outta the damn water!

UPDATE 8/4/12 :: ok, now that I've had a few days outside While It Lasts and have read a few other books, I feel like it's still safe to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK. LIKE CAN'T HANDLE HOW YUMMY CAGE IS. I'll probably go back and read this many times - just for his deli
Jillian Dodd
Whooooo was this book hot!! I'm super excited that Abbi went out of YA and into contemporary romance with this book. Cage is too hot for PG!! This book was everything I want in a book. Heart tugging, steamy romance, and a dreamy guy!
Jen
I ended up enjoying this one more than I thought I might. I'm not going to write much until I let this one process a little more. One thing screamed out at me as I was reading this, though. Eva reminded me ALOT of Ashton from the Vincent Boys/Bros and Cage seemed like almost a knockoff of Beau, sometimes to the point of distraction for me. Ashton and Eva are both innocents who experienced long term relationships with stable, good boys without managing to give away their V cards. Both have famili ...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Book #5 in Sea Breeze series

"You touched something you had no business touching, boy. She ain't one of your little sluts. She's a good girl who had one helluva year. I ought to put a bullet through your head and bury you in the yard,"
-Wilson
Hahahahahaha! Dad was not playin any games when it came to his babygirl. Besides who can blame him if you read the previous book Because of Low then you know how much of a man w
Bethany
Aug 10, 2013 Bethany rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bethany by: Smut Monday Club
Shelves: favorites
8/10/13

This book is just as good the second time around and Cage is still sexy as hell.

I never thought I would really like Cage, but after reading White it Lasts I fell in love with him. Abbi really knocked it out of the park with this one and even turned up the heat. I loved it so much! There isn't a book out there of Abbi's that I haven't loved and this one is right up there with the rest.
Autumn Review
It's no surprise that I loved this book. I'm a huge Abbi Glines fan, but that aside, I was really excited about getting inside Cage's head. Mission accomplished! I absolutely knew that Cage was going to be special. I remember sending Abbi a note while I read Because of Low asking (begging) if there would be a story about Cage. I think Cage crept into my heart at that point and held on tight. I was dying to see what kind of girl could get into his heart (besides me). Immediately, I knew Eva had w ...more
Aug 08, 2012 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Smut Monday Club
3.5 Stars

You should probably know up front that the hot, lost, and difficult men that usually end up crushing my heart like a bug are my type of guys in real life. I know, I know—but I fall every time. Sooooo....

Cage York is my type of guy! Man whoring ways and all! :D

Our man-whore hero is sent off to the farm for physical-shirtless labor due to a DUI charge. To keep his baseball scholarship, Cage must behave and work on a farm for the summer, but behaving means NO playing with the farmer’s daug
Morgan

***While it Lasts and my review for While it Lasts are intended for mature young adults***

I don't hand out 5 STARS often. I promise I haven't gotten soft with my ratings. While it Lasts was just that damn good!!! Well done, Ms. Glines.

I have enjoyed many books by Abbi Glines over the last year or so, but While it Lasts is hands down my new favorite. It was absofreakinlutely amazing!! Simply put, this book has ever
La-Lionne
(The review was written back in 2012, when I was a fangirl of Abbi Glines, so be kind ;-))

Talking about a good girl going bad. And bad she went. Good for her :).
This one was one of those (few) books that I just couldn't put it down.
I didn't knew what I was getting my self in to. When I read the plot I thought it's going to be a story about summer love, a lot of flirting, maybe some making out here and there and a lot of boy chasing after a girl. But it was so much more than that.

Let me just st
Anne OK
The cover drew me to this book. After reading the book’s description, I was hooked. This is also my first book by this author. I didn’t regret it. Cage and Eva’s story begins with a heart-wrenching Prologue and ends with a heart-warming Epilogue. In between, there’s a sweet and spicy story that melts your heart. I would classify this story in the Mature Young Adult category.

Cage York is a wild and reckless young man. He’s never had a real family so he’s had to fend for himself. After making an u
This book brings out the country girl in me! And I didn’t even know I had one y'all! Lol!

Cage York is bad (and I like!). He is every woman’s wet dream. After getting into some trouble, his baseball coach sends him to do some hard labor at a farm. Ladies, this means he was shirtless and sweaty for most of this book.Hehehe.

Eva’s heart has been broken for a year and half after losing the love of her life. Nothing helps. She can’t move forward……until Cage. She cannot resist (no woman could!).

Cage
Angela
This is probably my favorite Abbi Glines book I've read to date. After reading Because of Low I was so excited to know that one: this one was becoming a movie and two: that I got to read and know more about Cage... and I must say While it Lasts was better than expected. Then again when I heard it was becoming a movie and saw who they had casted as Cage I was a little worried (it's Addam Bramich) mainly because the dramatic difference in their looks... BUT after seeing all the teaser trailers and ...more
Can you start with this book? 10 107 Nov 21, 2014 03:55PM
Crazy for Young A...: While It Lasts by Abbi Glines → Start Date: January 7, 2014 39 35 Jan 10, 2014 01:47PM
  • Junk Miles (Brenna Blixen, #2)
  • What a Boy Needs (What a Boy Wants, #2)
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • Good For You (Between the Lines, #3)
  • Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki, #2)
  • Shallow (Going Under, #2)
  • Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #2)
  • Buried Castles (Broken Fairytales, #2)
  • The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Crush (Crash, #3)
  • Lengths (Silver Strand, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
  • Folding Hearts (Mitchell Family, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, and Existence series. She has a new YA series coming out in the fall of 2015 titled The Field Party Series . She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted bef ...more
More about Abbi Glines...

Sea Breeze (9 books)
  • Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)
  • Misbehaving (Sea Breeze, #6)
  • Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7)
  • Hold on Tight (Sea Breeze, #8)
  • Until the End (Sea Breeze, #9)
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) Never Too Far (Too Far, #2) Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3) Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)

“You see somethin' ya want, baby?"
"I see something I want," he drawled as he came toward me.
"You do?"
"Hell yeah, I do," he murmured. "I love chocolate." What? My excitement turned to confusion. His arm reached out beside me and took the piece of chocolate cake I'd brought him.”
235 likes
“He closed his eyes and let out a jagged breath. "Okay."
He settled between my legs holding himself over me. "I've never been with a virgin, Eva. I'm going to try real hard not to hurt you."
"Will it hurt you?" I asked, thinking about his pained expression when he'd said I was too tight.
He smiled, "It's going to be the closest to heaven I'll ever get, baby.”
231 likes