Start by marking “Stroganov (Darby Stansfield #2)” as Want to Read:
Stroganov (Darby Stansfield #2)

Stroganov (Darby Stansfield #2)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Discover how one act of kindness can bring on a world of pain.

In STROGANOV, a smarter, more confident Darby Stansfield continues his life as the telecommunication consultant to the criminal underworld. This time he's in bed with the Russians and everything is peachy, so far.

With his career back on track, Darby focuses on improving his personal life. However, his unconventi
Published January 2012 by Createspace (first published December 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stroganov, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stroganov

Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is book two of the Darby Stansfield thrillers and while there is some mention to book one, it is by no means necessary to read it. This works as a standalone book quite well. Having said that, you would be missing a treat but that's in another review! This time around Darby is rescuing kidnapped Russian ministers daughters, fleeing from hired assassins, working with the Russian Mafia and still trying to kickstart his lovelife.

This was fantastic and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Cho
Literary
In the second book of the Darby Stansfield series, Mr. Hutchinson continues the story of Darby, telecommunications consultant of the underworld. Having worked his way up to "heavy-hitter" in the company, Darby is now dealing with the Russian Mafia, selling them electronics that will boost their profitability. On his way to a meeting with his contact, Darby sees an ad for a vacation promoting Russian women. Always on the look-out for an improved personal life, Darby books a vacation to Russia, an ...more
L.A.
Article first published as Book Review Stroganov by Ty Hutchinson on Blogcritics.

When a young man is on top of the world and looking for fun, where can he go? Re-setting your personal life can sometimes be difficult, but don’t always jump into situations that could backfire, know the ins and outs of every opportunity because they just may bring you more trouble than they are worth.

In Strogonov by Ty Hutchinson, we follow the sometimes goofy antics of Darby Stansfield. This time he is involved
Bill Thibadeau
This is the third book of Ty's that I have read. Stroganov is my favorite so far. I am looking forward to reading Loco Moco to see what trouble Darby can get into.

I have to agree that the Darby series is indeed a mixture of the Office and Tarentino. There is a lot of action that may be considered rough and it also contains a lot of more cerebral humor and tongue in cheek humor.

I feel that I would recognize Darby if we were in the same room. Ty manages to give his characters personality. That goe
Carla Latham
I received this book from the Goodreads book giveaway.

This is the second book in the thriller series with the main character Darby Stansfield. In this book, as a consultant to the mob, Stansfield gets sent to Russia. I really like the main character and am anxious to read the first book "Chop Suey". Mr. Hutchinson's writing is good and easy to follow. He doesn't use "big" words or excessive descriptions when "small" words and short descriptions do the trick (and are easier to follow). This book
Tyrnesha
Ty has done it again! Stroganov is the second book in the Darby Stansfield series. Once again, Darby let's his "Darbytastic" ideas take over his life with no thought as to how they may affect him or others around him. His big ideas lead Darby into situations that no one else would find themselves in.

This was a great book filled with lots of mystery and adventure. Just like "Chop Suey", there are twists and turns that leave you on the edge of your seat. I really enjoyed this book and I cannot wa
Scott Collins
So Darby, now a heavy, decides to take a vacation in Ukraine. Take a guess what happens. You got it, he stepped in it again and this time brought the trouble home with him to San Francisco. This may be my favorite of the Stansfield thrillers. It's a little darker, lots of action and a good sense of humor to lighten the mood every now and then. Overall, a very enjoyable read.
Jason
Again, hapless Darby gets into crazy stuff with ... the Russian Mafiya... (as opposed to the Triads before). This was a little better, he is not quite as hapless, but still in way over his head, but he is learning.

Funny stuff!
Michelle
After reading the book Stroganov I know I need to get my hands on the first one of this series and can't wait for the next one. It kept my attention throughout the entire book and I had a hard time putting it down.Five stars.
Darren Keighley
I picked this book up randomly & started reading it, and couldn't put it down.
This is the second book of three in a series, it won't spoil the books by reading this first, but would be ideal to read them in order.
Great read.
Katey
I enjoyed the first Darby book but this one had some amazing twists that I was not expecting! I'm not huge on gore though and these border on too much for me. Thus the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 from me.
Ashley Case
I had to take away a star for sex and language because it really isn't my thing, but other than that, this book is awesome. Better than the first even! Funny, creative, suspenseful!
Allison Potter
Pretty good sequel to Chop Suey - I'll probably read the next one as well.
Gavyn Everington
this was great book,I really enjoyed the characters and the plot.
Carl Brush
Hey, it's fun and dames with Darby. Well, not so much fun or many games, but Darby likes to keep the tone light and breezy even when he’s dealing with the Russian mob, whether in San Francisco or Ukraine. He sells telecommunications equipment and is doing quite well, mostly because the local (SF) Russians have made him the sole provider for their account. Morality, shmorality. He’s got a product. They’ve got a need. Just business, right? Not like he’s selling AK-47’s.

Like any young guy with mone
Richard Barnes
This is my first Darby Stansfield thriller, and probably my last. I gave the book 3 stars because the plot held my interest for a while. Unfortunately, Hutchinson doesn't know when to quit and certainly doesn't know how to bring his plot to a conclusion. The book just ends, and that's it. However one cannot help but like Hutchinsons character Darby Stansfield. He is well portrayed as a shallow opportunist.
Michael
This is the sequel to "Chop Suey", another Darby Stansfield thriller/mystery. They're basically pulp, but they're a fun ride and a decent story, let down mostly by really abysmal editing and proofreading. I'm tellin' ya, nothing can yank me right out of a story like the glaringly wrong word jumping out at me right in the middle of a really gripping tale.

That said, these are still a pretty fun read. The protagonist fancies himself the "telecommunications consultant to the underworld"; he's a low-
Bob
Sequel to Chop Suey. Instead of Hong Kong the setting is The Ukraine.
Sherry
Darby Stansfield is at it again, and now it's the Russian mob he sells his tech to. Darby is a great anti hero -- he just can't seem to stop doing the right thing -- even though he wants to be cool and make it to the top floor of his tech job, where all the "heavy hitters" hang out. He also can't keep a girlfriend to save his life, or hers. Any more info would be spoiler material. Darby is a loveable guy whose morals are a bit neutral -- at least on the outside.
John Cristion
Good read, but not as good as book one. Looking forward to some More Darbytastic times in book three.
Trish Bodine
Pretty good. I really like Darby and I root for him, although I probably shouldn't.
Linda Howard
Again, Ty Hutchinson, do you not employ editors?
Joanna
The character of Darby just makes me laugh...with all the situations he can get himself into
Emily Johnson
Emily Johnson marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Vickie Bross
Vickie Bross marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sheri Merriam
Sheri Merriam marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
  • Black Throne Conspiracy
  • King of Paine
  • The Eighth Scroll
  • Not From Around Here
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Far Shore  (After Trilogy, #3)
  • Blueblood (Marty Singer #2)
  • Ghostly Summons
  • The Foiled Knight
  • Suzy's Case: A Novel
  • Danse Macabre
  • Sons of Zadok (Charlotte Ansari, #2)
  • While You Were Dead
  • Black Machetes
Hello. My name is Ty Hutchinson. I'm glad you stopped by.

I'm the author of the best selling Abby Kane FBI Thrillers, featuring the short and feisty Abby Kane. She made her debut in Corktown, which became a Kindle #1 best seller shortly after its release. I also write the Darby Stansfield Thrillers. Readers have described them as Tarantino meets The Office with a splash of romance.

You can visit my
More about Ty Hutchinson...

Darby Stansfield (3 books)
  • Chop Suey (Darby Stansfield, #1)
  • Loco Moco (Darby Stansfield, #3)
Chop Suey (Darby Stansfield, #1) Corktown (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #1) The Perfect Plan The St. Petersburg Confessions Loco Moco (Darby Stansfield, #3)