Start by marking “The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow” as Want to Read:
The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow

The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow

4.74 of 5 stars 4.74  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fear Not the Unexpected.

Eleven-year-old Fairday Morrow is less than thrilled that her family is moving thousands of miles from civilization to the quiet country town of Ashpot, Connecticut, where she’s absolutely certain she’ll die of boredom.

As if leaving New York City and her best friend, Lizzy, the only other member of the elite Detective Mystery Squad (DMS), weren’t b
Paperback, Limited Edition, Author Illustrated Copy, 228 pages
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow

Karen Toz
This book was so great, I honestly don't even know where to start! So let me try to break it down - the story itself had me hooked from the first page. It starts with a news article where we learn about a mysterious death which took place many years ago. Fast forward to the present, and the Morrow family is about to move into the Begonia House. A house that has not had any occupants since this mysterious death. While many kids might be spooked out by the prospect of a haunted house, young Fairda ...more
Mary
Eleven-year-old Fairday Morrow has low expectations when her parents decide to move from Manhattan to Ashpot, Connecticut--all because her mom feels that some renovating a nasty old house will boost her design career. For a budding detective, however, the old Begonia House proves to be a goldmine. Fairday immediately finds herself immersed in the old mysteries of the home. With her sidekick, best friend, and fellow DMS (Detective Mystery Squad) member, Lizzy, plus new recruit Marcus, Fairday set ...more
Susan
I fell in love with the characters in this book from page one. Fairday and her family are unique, entertaining, and completely believable. I enjoyed getting to know Fairday, her family, Lizzy and the kids in Fairday's new school. The mystery and suspense is perfect for young readers (and even older ones like me). The writing flows and I never had to re-read or pause to figure out what was going on. I love that the story is easy to read and understand and yet written in such a way that kids ages ...more
Patty
It is beautifully written and delightfully engaging. The story is quite mysteriously mischievous and easy to follow. Middle graders will love these characters. They are all quite interesting. I love Fairday and her baby sister Margo. I love her best buddy Lizzy and new friend Marcus.

And their adventure was spot on. Fairday's family moves to a new house that is old and unique. It has lots of hidden rooms and one amazing mirror that lead to an amazing adventure. Some surprising adventures with an
C. McKenzie
Ashpot, Connecticut is nothing like Manhattan--nothing at all. In Ashpot there's The Begonia House with its decades old mystery of a vanished bride and a death that has never been explained.

Fairday Morrow, Lizzy and Marcus collaborate as the DMS (Detective Mystery Squad) carefully gathering and connecting the clues, hoping they'll be able to solve the mysteries of this spooky, magical place.

Kids are going to cheer on the DMS in moments of danger and downright scariness. They're going to enjoy th
Stephanie Faris
This book has everything I love in a book .It combines the spookiness of the supernatural with the suspense of a story about child detectives. I love Fairday Morrow. She's so courageous while also being realistic. The supernatural scenes are scary without being too scary for young readers. It's the perfect tween book! We'll be seeing much more of these super-talented authors in the future!
Donna
A fantastic book for kids of all ages. This book has everything a kid could want in a story! Adventure, strange old house with eerie sounds and strange happenings, good friends, and a detective agency! The characters are delightful and entertaining.
This is a story that will be enjoyed by both boys and girls!

Hopefully, the authors will write more!
Tena
I am very happy to have had the opportunity to read this entire book!! I hope a sequel is coming soon!!
Tracy Terry
Aimed at American middle grade readers (10 to 13 year olds), as an older, a much older reader I was surprised by just how much I found myself enjoying The Secret DMS (Detective Mystery Squad) Files of (11 year old) Fairday Morrow.

Creatively and intelligently written I found myself instantly engaged in the adventures of Fairday, Lizzy and, latest recruit, Marcus 'Brocket the Rocket'.

Delighted that the authors had such a strong and entertaining female lead in Fairday as opposed to the more typical
C. McKenzie

Claudine Yanting
What a rush towards the end! I had a great time making a dash to uncovering the mysteries of the Begonia House, lifting strands in the story like lifting the red hair so we could see the face of the truth beneath. Great characters, a suspenseful plot, a quaint setting and a quick pace. The descriptions were detailed though I had a bit of difficulty with the 'told' and not 'shown' style of writing.
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jul 03, 2015
Tonya Swan
Tonya Swan marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Jessamyn Prince
Jessamyn Prince marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Carolyn Menke
Carolyn Menke marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Jennifer Rummel
Jennifer Rummel marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Jodee Clark
Jodee Clark marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
William Collier
William Collier marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Alina
Alina marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
Emily (ObsessedReader) marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Wensday
Wensday marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Zack Lehtinen
Zack Lehtinen marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Daniel Cho
Daniel Cho marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jessica is a true New Englander, with a deep desire to be near the ocean and a love of the four seasons. She enjoys drawing while standing up and cultivating magic in her garden. She easily floats away in the pages of a good story and is still waiting for her owl from Hogwarts. Jessica lives in Connecticut with her charming fiancé, James; dog, Jack; cat, Bill; and a very entitled bunny named Alice ...more
More about Jessica Haight...