Start by marking “Mijn leuk woordenboek” as Want to Read:
Mijn leuk woordenboek

Richard Scarry

Mijn leuk woordenboek

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  4,551 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Een woordenboek op z'n Scarry's: heel veel tekeningen, vrolijke kleuren, aansluitend bij de wereld van grotere peuters en kleuters.
Hardcover
Published 1996 by Deltas (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Mijn leuk woordenboek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mijn leuk woordenboek

Jason Koivu
* * * Read and Reviewed by Me & My Niece Emma * * *

Emma has real doubts about that title. I fought for Richard Scarry, but I'm afraid the 5 year old girl might be right.

Scarry's cartoony fantasy land populated with eyelid-less, anthropomorphic animals was absolutely beloved by yours truly when I was but a wee lad. However, this incarnation has none of the sense of fun found in the Scarry books I read as a boy. Nothing, I mean nothing out of the ordinary happens in Best.... In the Scarry book
J
THIS IS the best word book ever. EVER. My four year old and I stretch out on our bellies on the floor and read every single word.

"traffic light, telephone booth, manhole, sidewalk, subway entrance, token seller, newsstand, taxi, turnpike or thruway or superhighway, crane, seaport, bay, lighthouse, drawbridge, windmill, forest, classroom, wastebasket, inkwell, desk, pencil, paper clip, scissors, string, lost-clothing drawer, clock, grocer, salmonella infested peanut butter, jam, bread, baby food
Dieschokolade
This is my most favorite book ever!

My father bought me this book since I was so young that I cannot remember a thing.
As far as I can remember, I always carry this book with me in my early childhood.
I always have this book on my shelf until now. It's on the spot that I can reach everytime I want to open it. I suppose I'll never get bored of this beloved book!

It taught me to read and write. Moreover, it taught me to draw. The great inspiration for me to learn art.
Asho
If you have been following my son's book reviews over the years (or rather, the reviews I am writing for him until he is old enough to actually write) you may notice that it appears that we are reading significantly fewer books these days. In fact, we are clocking more reading time than ever, but there isn't much to record on Goodreads these days because we are basically reading the same handful of books over and over again. This book is one of them.
My two-year-old is fascinated by this book. He
Mireille
Ma fille ADORE ce livre (et moi aussi - j'en ai des beaux souvenirs d'enfance et j'aime encore beaucoup le lire comme parent). L'inconvénient c'est qu'il n'est pas cartonné et qu'elle est un peu jeune, alors j'ai toujours peur qu'elle l'abîme. J'espère qu'on va le garder pour plusieurs années.
Kate
Jun 14, 2007 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: childhood
When I was four and a half, I taught myself how to read and write with Richard Scarry books; I would make grocery lists featuring all the items from this book we should make sure to purchase; lots of fruit and sugar.
Ty Powers
Seeing the cover brings back a deluge of memories! This book started my lifelong fascination with animals dressed as humans. I like it if they talk, too.
Denis Vukosav
“Best Word Book Ever” written by Richard Scarry and illustrated by Golden Books is one of those books that you definitely need to have at home, a mandatory read to be enjoyed by every girl and boy who are learning to read.

This is the book I remember from my youth, due to it probably my love for reading started and I still keep that old version somewhere.
The book is divided into numerous categories, on each of them presented pictures are labeled very close to each thing, appearance, action or som
Snarky's
I love Richard Scarry books. They are dazzling with richly developed characters who do really funny things.
Julie
Love Richard Scarry!!
Wendy Daniel
It is the very best word book ever and is perfect for teaching print awareness and vocabulary skills. Looking for the worm and discovering new things every time you open the book keeps kids ages 1-3 interested through each page. It's also nice because it's not necessary to read through the entire book in each sitting. Kids have more control over where to start and where to begin. This ability to "control" the book is a great way to encourage print motivation in the younger children.
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any child.
This was probably the main book that got me started on reading. I would obsessively memorize the little pictures, the placement of the animals, and gradually, learned what all the words meant beside the pictures. It is done in a way that makes it very easy to learn, and a lot of fun. It's almost like a picture game, you can follow directions or create your own "eye spy" type games from it.
Karla
What child wouldn't like this busy little book of characters and things and happenings in Busytown? Each item is labeled with its name (car, brush, mouse, etc.) to help with early word association and reading. Each set of pages features a new scene. Very entertaining for busy minds! Also available in a Spanish version.
Larissa
On the advice of a friend, I checked the Icelandic/Danish/English translation of this Richard Scarry classic out of the library. I remember reading this (in English, of course) when I was a kid, and now reading it again while I'm trying to learn Icelandic, I have a renewed appreciation for it. Some of the words are, I think, a little dated--I'm not just talking about the presence of TV antennas in the definitions--more words like "salt castor" instead of salt shaker or a "petticoat" being part o ...more
Connie
This is the revised edition of the book. There are some notable differences between the two, some dubiously good (there are more females... but you can tell that because bows were stuck on their heads, so not exactly a gain for feminism) and some probably not (the vocabulary was watered down).

However, even with that in mind, this is an awesome book for the toddler and the early reader. There's labeled pictures of very close to everything under the sun, in categories, and there's extra text on ea
Robin Morris
I remember having this book when I was young. I especially enjoyed looking at the pages of the cat family household and the Thanksgiving dinner meal. This book went with me everywhere for months. There are so many words and pictures and the active hustle and bustle of everyday living displayed in this book is captivating. You can always find some activity happening in the book that you hadn't noticed before. Each time you open the book there seems like you find something new. I had to have this ...more
Emerson
Is it smug hyperbole that Richard Scarry titled so many of his books "Best Ever"? or is it simply the truth? I believe it is the latter. And this book is no exception. New title for Theodore.
Kaethe
I dislike Scarry's style, I dislike the 50s gender roles, and I am disturbed beyond words to see a pig working as a butcher.

The Offspring, however, both like this as toddlers.
Lisa
I LOVED Richard Scarry books growing up...they are super busy, and filled with eye candy! Everywhere you look there is something going on :) I have the entire collection to share with my daughter now, and they are really fun to look back on. Some of the images are really dated, ex: record players and tv's with rabbit ears, etc... (which makes it fun for me), but doesnt hurt the story at all! My daughter is 2 1/2 and sometimes i see her just sitting in a corner looking thru all the pages on her o ...more
Tami
Written and Illustrated by: Richard Scarry Genre: Non Fiction Age Level: P Date: 1980
Summary: The book is a random book of subjects that have words and pictures to match. In every page there are over 10 different words and 10 pictures to match. Scarry gives the readers reason to wear his books out and I think that is why he filled his pages with many words and pictures to look at. I think this book forces reader’s to read over again to learn something else. This book is filled with colorful, cre
Andie Pandie
This is the best book ever! PERIOD.
End of story. You can learn a lot with this book. You learn how a little bear wakes up in the morning and what he eats for breakfast.
You learn how the rabbit family lives. Did you know their TV room is in the attic? Sheesh, I bet no one watches TV in the Summer!
At the zoo, only tiny itty bitty mice named GENTS go there to see the HUGE animals. Must be flooded sometimes with all the drooling the caged animals make.
But hey, I don't want to spoil the book for
Allyn
I still have this book and I still read it when I want to be a child again!!!
Kevin Hull
Charming book made to teach kids the ABCs and other fun things.
Kayleigh Gagnon
My boys adore this book. Love Richard Scarry's illustrations!
Lakshmi
My 2 year old son loves this book!
Marla Glenn
one of my son's favorites
Allison P
Second generation favorite
midnightfaerie
A great educational book for your younger ones. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. A great addition to any children's library.
Tina
Needs moar goldbug.
Josiah
This book carries strong memories for me from my parents reading it to me before I could even recognize the words themselves. This is certainly a book for pre-readers, but Richard Scarry's inclusion of some more difficult words led me to know some of those words before others my age did.
I regard this book with much fondness, and still enjoy looking through the pictures and identifying all the words.
  • I Am a Bunny
  • Black on White
  • Angus and the Cat
  • I'm a Big Brother
  • A Treasury of Children's Literature
What Do People Do All Day? Cars and Trucks and Things That Go Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever! Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book Best Little Word Book Ever