Start by marking “Dark Swan Bundle: Storm Born, Thorn Queen, Iron Crowned & Shadow Heir” as Want to Read:
Dark Swan Bundle: Storm Born, Thorn Queen, Iron Crowned & Shadow Heir

Dark Swan Bundle: Storm Born, Thorn Queen, Iron Crowned & Shadow Heir (Dark Swan #1-3)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,535 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Just typical. No love life to speak of for months, then all at once, every horny creature in the Otherworld wants to get in your pants. . .

Eugenie Markham is a powerful shaman who does a brisk trade banishing spirits and fey who cross into the mortal world. Mercenary, yes, but a girl's got to eat. Her most recent case, however, is enough to ruin her appetite. Hired to fi
Published January 31st 2012 by Kensington (first published February 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Swan Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Swan Bundle

The Iron King by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaThe Lost Prince by Julie KagawaThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Everything Fae
27th out of 195 books — 118 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
398th out of 623 books — 1,798 voters

More lists with this book...

M.
Jun 14, 2012 M. rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: My worst enemy
This is the classic case where the whole is lesser than the sum of its parts. It is sad really because Richelle had a good story going but she had to butcher everything by writing a half baked final book that had one of the worst endings I came across in a long time. It is one thing to write a loose end quite another to write a mean end.
Angela
Dec 17, 2015 Angela marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
17 December 2015: $8.09 on Kindle
Teresa Zea
Jun 15, 2013 Teresa Zea rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This series was promising, but probably at the end of book two, her editor told her that sex sells, so the next two book was more focus on sex than the storyline. After every event, she has sex and more sex.

The ending, after a great read, was a cop-out. You'd think by the fourth book, the main character would mature and learn from her and others mistake, but the only growing she did was her powers. She keeps making the same mistakes up to the very end.

If not for that, the story is very funny a
Amy
I loved this series....all up until the very last book (hence only 3 stars). Granted the scenario of the heroine balking at the love and power of a Fae King just because she's that much of a Paladin stereotype got a little old. I would so very much like to find another heroine similar to Cat when Bones turned her (finally!). I would love to a strong heroine that embraces the power within or without and relishes it. Sigh. Anyway....back to Odile Dark Swan.
SPOILERS! (like how the entire series en
Christina
Sep 22, 2014 Christina rated it liked it
The series was ok...but did not like how she ended it!
norcalgal
Dec 02, 2015 norcalgal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-the-best
There are three reasons I am giving the Dark Swan series 4 stars: Dorian, Dorian, and oh yes, Dorian. To my mind, he is the BEST book boyfriend ever conceived. Given that I have written over 150 book reviews on Amazon, I hope I can say with some authority that King Dorian has all the qualities one wants in a life partner. Dorian is powerful, playful, sensual, intelligent, and courageous. Some may also view him as manipulative, such as when he wanted Eugenie to retrieve the Iron Crown and did not ...more
Kimberly Shaw
Jun 29, 2014 Kimberly Shaw rated it it was amazing
I thought there would be a book five and I'm disappointed that the story has ended on a general cliff hanger where there are unfinished plot lines, i.e. the twins and their father, Lara and Tim and Jasmine, and of course Dorian/Kiyo/Eugenie. I did not think that Eugenie was as strong a character as Georgina or Rose in the other series she's written, mainly because she bounced a lot between two men and seemed wishy washy about her romantic relationships. The story was fantastic and I wanted more. ...more
Joe Young
Nov 03, 2011 Joe Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This e'book bundle for Kindle is a real bargain! The first three stories of the Dark Swan series in one package and sorted in proper order from Amazon. It is the story of a young Shaman who lives on the north side of Tucson and lives by banishing monsters. Her step father is both her mentor and trainer as she grows in ability and power. She is unique in being the daughter of a human woman and a strong Gentry Ruler from the other side. Her Gentry father lent her power and ability while her human ...more
Jessica
Jan 02, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012-reads
I give Storm Born 3 stars not because it wasn't a good story I just had a hard time reading it, yes it was good and a lot of stuff happened to keep interest I just got bored a lot also. But I figure its the first book in new series so Richelle Mead goes into vast detail about setting, personalities, and plot to help the reader throughout the rest of the series. So I am hoping the rest of the series will keep my intrest because I really do like the concept of this book.

I give Thorn Queen 4.5 sta
Lilsue Torrez-hutcherson
Just finished Dark Swan, the first book in this series. Honestly I am not to sure what I think. I guess I kind of felt like 'SO WHAT!'

First, I did quite understand the purpose of Two names, or the change of royal title through out. So what! Here you have a grown woman who is finding herself and who is going against everthing she has lived by and/or believed in. Is she challeged? I don't know, I guess I just need to keep reading to see if things get better for me. It has not been my fav. A far c
Jason Noury
Jul 25, 2014 Jason Noury rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Richelle Mead's worlds—they are so complex, vivid.

That being said, this series as a whole is great, but nowhere near the magnitude of Vampire Academy/Bloodlines, or even Georgina Kjncaid, for that matter. But, still, it's certainly worth a read. In my opinion, still better than "Gameboard of the Gods". (Not a bad novel, either, not at all—but it's different than Mead's other novels.)
It's Me - Yvette
Sep 07, 2011 It's Me - Yvette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Storm Born
Good first book in this bundle. Eugenie and Kiyo are great characters as well as introduction of stellar secondary characters. It was a good pace and had humor and excitement. 4 stars.

Iron Crowned
Second book delves deeper into Eugenie's world and you'll be either Team Kiyo or Team Dorian. I, myself, am 100% for Team Dorian (no disrespect to Kiyo, of course). Certain things come to light in this book that will definitely get you thinking. 4 stars

Thorn Queen
Third book in this bundle has
Valerie
May 10, 2011 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
IMPORTANT: On the copy I downloaded from the Borders/Kobo store, the order has Iron Crowned first. This is not correct; Iron Crowned is the last book in the bundle. If you downloaded this and want to read the series in the correct order, skip to Storm Born first, then read Thorn Queen.

THE BOOKS: The first two are great. The third is terrible. Disappointing.
Reanna
Dec 07, 2012 Reanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
1/25 update: I'm 23% done with Richelle Mead's Dark Swan Bundle. Since this is a three book bundle, I'd say that I'm about 3/4 of the way through Storm Born, the first in this series.

I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Ms. Mead's Succubus series. It's fast paced with well developed, fun, and lovable characters.

1/26 update: I finished Storm Born last night and immediately started Thorn Queen. I've listed the individual books on my shelves to make reviewing them easier.

I'll review Storm Born soo
Rosy
Jul 09, 2013 Rosy rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT!
I found Eugine extremely annoying. I think they were aiming for humble personality, but it came across as a spoiled brat. All her "I don't want to be queen" seriously! Hand me a tiara and I will rock that thing! Then the baby mama drama?!?! Sorry but if I wanted to be entertained baby mama drama I would just watch tv. And the guys!?!? Two of them and they are such a let down!! Seriously, a fox? And the fairy guy... Where he says he is willing to share her?!?! How about you grow som
Michelle Hearne
Nov 13, 2015 Michelle Hearne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

Good stories. Enjoyed reading it. A little different than my usual genre but definitely recommend it. Richelle Meade scores again.
Bcoghill Coghill
It was okay for the first two books and then I got bogged down in the complexity of this imaginary world. I did not finish the last book but I may one day.
Anita
Mar 24, 2015 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best series I've listed to in a long time. Thank you for the entertainment :)
Tegan
Aug 31, 2011 Tegan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved them! I'm not going to give you plot summary on each book but if you enjoyed the Vampire Academy series but want something that doesn't involve vampires (there's so much of that going around at the moment!!!) and the characters are not whinging teens then you'll enjoy these books. They are a little more adult and raunchy than the Vampire Academy books and Eugenie is a heroine that you'll love to bits and is surrounded by fun and exciting secondary characters. Can't wait for the next book i ...more
Entertaining and decently written. I had to keep reading and read through all three books fairly quickly because I found myself really wanting to know what was going to happen next, which is probably the best thing I can say for an adventure story. Would recommend anyone looking for a fun and entertaining fantasy/adventure escapist read to give the a try. Bit too frequent bed jumping for me, which I found actually did detract from my respect for the character, but that didn't really detract from ...more
Larissa
Sep 16, 2015 Larissa rated it really liked it

For the reviews on
Storm Born click here
Thorn Queen click here
Iron Crowned click here
Shadow Heir click here

All the following links will redirect you to the original review on my blog.
Thank you!
Adrienna
The series I have is books 1-3 on eBook series. I have one night to read three books but will be unable to do so. So far, in Storm Born, I am not thrilled with book one (up to chapter 6; redundancy but after prologue was able to put the pieces together since it came back word for word in chapter 5, and so much assuming via narrator who is Odile; sex was skimpy but if YA is reading it, then it was enough...). Overall, I am under the impression that evil is good... unable to finish after 10%.
Rebecca
Apr 20, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Great series a little disappointed with the ending. And What happened to Eugenie? I don't know if all this doubt and and crazy decision making was imperative to the development of the plot or if it was Mead's way of showing a softer side of Eugenie but I hated it! She went for a kickass heroine I could relate with and enjoyed reading about to a mucky muck addle brained annoyance. I hope another book is in the works because the ending was left so wide open.
Tasha
Aug 24, 2011 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books were goood!! Eugenie has so much DRAMA in her life!!! These books have a touch of everything. Eugenie's life is like a Jerry Springer/ Maury Povich Show. You are the father, You are not the father!! Yet, I could not put them down and can't wait for the next one. I have not read a book by Richelle Mead that I don't like. Vampire Academy, Georgina Kincaid and the Dark Swan Series are all awesome.!!!
Fallon
May 11, 2012 Fallon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-faves
I luv luv luv these books! Richelle Mead is a fantastic author. All of her work is amazing, and these books fit right in! I am always amazed at the amount of detail that she has without 'going overboard'. Creating a whole new world that lives in these books is impressive! There is steamy romance, exciting action, and wonderful characters! MARVELOUS job!! :)
Shannon Mount
Aug 26, 2012 Shannon Mount rated it it was amazing
This series does not truly end. For whatever reason it was cut short. This is one of my favorite series, but the first book doesn't compare to the later books. The series gets better and better. I only hope that the final 1 or 2 books will actually get written. Richelle Mead is a fantastic writer with original ideas.
Lynn
Jun 28, 2012 Lynn rated it really liked it
I loved this series until the ending of the 4th book, and even then it was really just the last chapter. It is hard for me to review this without giving away the ending. It was left at the end where there could be a 5th book but it could also be the end of the series.
Amanda Williams
May 15, 2014 Amanda Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful books

These books were very captivating. Once I started reading I didn't want to put them down. There was romance, suspense, and good morals all in one story.
Katie
May 08, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great series from Richelle Mead. I really got interested in this one after reading the Graphic Novels. These are really addictive, full of action and humour.

These are non stop cover to cover action and adventure. Love them.
Jennifer Beall
Apr 15, 2013 Jennifer Beall rated it it was amazing
I loved this series--a rich world and characters, definitely a page turner. It was easy to get immersed. The intricacies of the plot were impressive, and the author did a good job of wrapping things up without making it too neat and tidy.
i want a book 5 1 4 Mar 04, 2012 06:52AM
Disapointed. Post opinions here! 1 3 Jan 04, 2012 09:27AM
  • A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate, #1.5)
  • Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee, #2)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Claws and Effect (Diaries of an Urban Panther, #2)
  • Blood Love (God Wars, #4)
  • Kiss & Make Up
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • No Foolin'
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Kissed by Ice (Sunwalker Saga, #5)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • Face Off (Laura Blackstone, #2)
  • Play With Me at Noon
  • Supernatural Bundle with What a Dragon Should Know, When Darkness Comes & Jacob
  • Slumber Party
  • Knights of White Bundle (Knights of White, #1-4)
  • Baumgartner Generations: Henry (Baumgartners, #7)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Dark Swan (4 books)
  • Storm Born (Dark Swan #1)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
  • Shadow Heir (Dark Swan, #4)