Start by marking “Fifteen Digits” as Want to Read:

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  48 reviews
A GRITTY THRILLER SET IN THE WORLD OF POWERFUL NEW YORK LAW FIRMS, FROM NICK SANTORA, WRITER OF THE HIT CRIME DRAMAS THE SOPRANOS, LAW & ORDER, PRISON BREAK and BREAKOUT KINGS AND THE NATIONALLY BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF SLIP & FALL.

Is it really insider trading if you’ve been an outsider your entire life?

Five men. Five walks of life. Every day they come together at the
Published April 24th 2012 by Mulholland Books (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Digits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifteen Digits

Josh
A group of young men working blue collar low paying jobs in the basement of prominent law firm Olmstead & Taft conspire to get rich quick by partaking in insider trading. As the Blazers, working in the printing department of the law firm, the group are entrusted with big corporation secrets which have the power to make or break share prices. When approached by a disgruntled lawyer to actually read the documents they handle on a daily basis and use that knowledge the swindle the share market, ...more
Vox
The problem with reviewing a book like Fifteen Digits, by Nick Santora, is figuring out how to tell you about it without giving away anything.

Let's start with the basic plot: Rich Mauro, in his mid-twenties, finally catches a break when he gets a job in the printing room at a Manhattan law firm. Rich's goal is to move up to an office, becoming an actual attorney at the firm. But first he needs to get through undergrad, then law school. Even with the firm's tuition help, Rich is looking at a moun
Lynnie
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked the writing a lot, I really liked a lot of the characters, however I was frustrated because about a fourth of the way through (if not sooner) it became very obvious where the book was heading. Shortly after that, the author started telling us what was going to happen before it happened such as, "that was the last time they ever spoke" & things like that. I hate when authors do that. How about letting us get to the part when one of them dies befo ...more
Max Read
“An okay novel; an entertaining read”

Nick Santora experienced incredible good luck advancing in the world of screenwriting having done so for an episode of “The Sopranos” followed by a stint at CBS writing for “The Guardian” where he was promoted to co producer. From there, Santora went on to write and produce a season of “Law and Order” and write and co-executive produce four seasons of ‘Prison Break”. Nick Santora’s career took an interesting turn when he published his first novel “Slip and Sl
Jessica
It was ok. I hated the overuse of foreshadowing. It killed the suspense that I enjoy most in mysteries/thrillers. It was pretty depressing throughout, however I did enjoy the camaraderie built by 4 men from such different walks of life.
Francesca
Exciting read about the world of high finance. Santora paints a vivid portrait of the main characters and about the dilemma each faces. Hoping this one gets turned into a screenplay and movie.
barry
GRAET, FANTASTIC....BEST BOOK I HAVE READ IN A WHILE....AND SURPRISE ENDING!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT 'TIL NICK SANTORA WRITES ANOTHER
Alissa
2.5 stars. An ok thriller too much foreshadowing. I kept reading to know how it ended. Then I was sad.
Lauren
Really liked this book, but liked the characters so much that I was pissed at the ending.
Surprised by the plot twist at the end, love when that happens!
Donna Riley-lein

Nick Santora

Poor but deserving young man is willing to work hard for a better life.

Cue Horatio Alger.

Not so fast.

Rich Mauro, that deserving young man, has just landed a job in the print/mailroom of a high-toned law firm. The job comes courtesy of a partner in the firm, a lawyer who botched one and only one case. The case involved the deaths of Mauro’s parents. Mauro is going to night school planning to get into law school. Then on to a white-shoe firm and happily ever after.

Mauro
Barbara
Santora, a big firm attorney turned writer/TV producer, returns to his big firm days with this thriller, premised on the idea that while law firms have strict rules governing the conduct of white collar workers (attorneys and their assistants), there are fewer rules -- or perhaps fewer reasons to follow the rules -- with respect to support staff. Being older than Santora, and recalling the days of hard-copy "vacation memos," occasionally used by firm "mail people" who wanted to supplement their ...more
Tom Burke
Strange that sometimes it takes less to please.

I found this book predictable, the writing rough, and the characters wooden. Funny thing is: I enjoyed it. The story, as told by Nick Santora-a veteran TV writer, revolves around Nick Mauro, a young man with a painful past. His parents drowned off Long Island when he was ten and his uncle Jim, a blue collar stand up fellow, raised him as best he could. Nick has a benefactor at a prestigious law firm which he parlays into a job in the printing depar
Christopher
NYC corporate lawyers are privy to inside information, but only the boys in the postroom get to see all the documents gathered together. Rich is one of them, hoping to work his way up through the system, but he’s befriended by an oleaginous young lawyer who plays on his weaknesses. Rich agrees to participate in a scam so long as there’s a safeguard in place. Each of his blue-collar postroom workmates will know three digits in a fifteen number account code that accesses millions of dollars. One o ...more
Jordan
This is, quite possibly the most entertaining book I have read all year. It is not exactly what I would call top shelf Literature, but who cares?! Great buildup to an explosive finale, somewhat cliched but very likable characters(even the douchebag young attorney/villain was engaging), and definitly written with a movie in mind. I was casting it as I read it. I have no idea why and I am not suggesting he is a good actor, and most DEFINITLY NOT a male lead in a Hollywood film I kept picturing Jer ...more
Corey
I really enjoyed reading the story of Rich Mauro and the group of guys he becomes involed with to take on the financial world. The jokes throughout the book keep it light, but it's still a pretty gritty world that the characters put themselves in. The ending took me by surprise, but it was a great way to end the book. I really like the details Santora uses to describe the scenes. It gives the reader such an imagery of what is going on around the characters, which in turn makes me the story even ...more
Jeff K
Entertaining, solid, a good summer read.
Jdcarib15
I got an ARC a couple weeks ago and finally got a chance to read it. Damn, I really wasn't expecting much but was thoroughly surprised by the story lines and concept. The writing isn't too complex but quite descriptive and funny at times. Perfect book for traveling or at home on the couch. Now to try his other book! His about me says he writes on Breakout Kings... I'm gonna have to check that too, I wonder if they're similar.
Kristin
I had never read works by this author, but was a huge fan of Breakout Kings. I was surprised that, even though he writes for TV, this book was not formulaic at all. the characters were rich and developed. None were either wholly likable or un-likable. The ending did leave me wanting a little more, but overall a more truthful portrayal of a life of crime than usually depicted in novels of this genre.
Michael
This was entertaining. The guy is a screenwriter (a good one) and it reads like that, like a tv show or movie reverse engineered into a novel. I found the inevitable "moral judgement" of such forms tiresome toward the end. Not everyone who steals 50 million dollars dies in a blaze of gunfire. Much to the contrary, there are a bunch of guys walking around now that did it and didn't go to jail for a day.
Kat
Ritesh
Overall a fantastic read! The book was interesting throughout, and I couldn't keep my eyes off it... However, the most shocking part was the end!
Cosette
I really wanted to like this - I wanted to enjoy it. Alas, I regretted having read the last third of the book. The problem? I couldn't sleep not knowing how it would all resolve! 19 chapters all ended with cliffhangers. 19 cliffhangers read before trying to sleep. 19 times! I shoulda known it would be cheap since the cliffhangers were... Lousy book!
Karen Strumlak
After reading Slip and Fall I had to get this one. Couldn't get enough of Nick Santora I have to admit I thought it was going to be similar to the first. Lawyer, bad choices, gets caught situation but boy was there a twist and turn in this one. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Love how he writes and draws you into each character.
Meredith
Maybe I shouldn't give this book such a high rating since it had WAY too many swear words. But, I loved the story and the characters. Even though they were bad guys, I was kind of rooting for them anyway. Some of the book is a little too gritty and yucky. Even so, I really liked it and the end was a great twist.
Heather
Fun, gripping story. Writing style wasn't my favorite. For example, the back stories for the co-conspirators seemed to drag. I liked the surprise ending though; it was really clever. I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for my unbiased review, which will post on The Christian Manifesto.com.
Doug
The story follows five men who work for in a NYC law firms duplicating department. This is a well written book and the author does a great job of keeping the story interesting while developing the characters and their motivations.
I could see this being made into a movie. 4.5 stars out of 5.
Eric Mann
Good plot ruined by a novel written like a screenplay. The foreshadowing felt made-for-TV. The characters were too stereotypical and the author put little effort into research or simply gave up on believability. Santora should stick to TV shows where his oversights are better suited.
Melinda
This book was really good!! One of the only books I've read recently that I couldn't (and didn't want to) put down! It was suspenseful, the characters were not typical, and there was a pretty unexpected turn-of-events at the end.
Brian Williams
A gritty crime fiction novel about stock market insider trading. It has some brutal and violent scenes. The ending is bitter sweet, and cannot be described as being a happy ending.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Ranchero (Nick Reid, #1)
  • The Devil She Knows
  • Crow's Landing
  • False Negative (Hard Case Crime #107)
  • Silence
  • The Venom Business (Hard Case Crime MC5)
  • Blood on the Mink
  • The Conviction (David Sloane, #5)
  • Seduction of the Innocent (Jack & Maggie Starr #3 - Hard Case Crime #110)
  • Dope Thief
  • Point and Shoot
  • Frank Sinatra in a Blender
  • Red Herring (Joe Gunther #21)
  • Yellow Medicine (Billy Lafitte, #1)
  • A Day and a Night and a Day: A Novel
  • The Cambodian Book of the Dead
  • Kind of Blue
  • Beneath the Surface
Slip & Fall Slip and Fall Dark Valentine I Want an Alien for Chrsitmas I Want An Alien For Christmas