Start by marking “Devátá stezka (Mediátor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devátá stezka (Mediátor, #2)

Devátá stezka (The Mediator #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  28,806 Ratings  ·  733 Reviews
Kdo by věřil na duchy? Jen děti a blázni... Svět 16leté Susannah se hemží nešťastnými zbloudilými dušemi, které se potřebují dostat tam, kam jim je souzeno. A pomáhat jim mají "mediátoři", lidi jako Susannah, schopní vidět zesnulé a mluvit s nimi. Jinak je Suze normální holka, chce být ve škole oblíbená a zajímá ji, jak líbá Ted Beaumont, s nímž se seznámila na večírku. Je ...more
Published 2004 by Knižní klub (first published January 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Devátá stezka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devátá stezka

Lola

3.5 entertaining stars. I like a sense of story progression from sequel to sequel when I embark into a series. I did not however detect that feeling when reading the second book in The Mediator series. Suze didn’t gain new abilities, she still made reckless moves (trusting one’s instinct is important, but there’s a limit not to cross), her relationships with secondary characters from the first volume didn’t change – or barely so – and the ending to the new ‘‘case’’ left me pretty darn confused a
P.Z.
Apr 17, 2015 P.Z. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
อานไปสองเลมเริมรูสึกวานางเอกทำอะไรผลีผลามไปนิด สวนเรืองของเจสซีกแทบจะไมไดเปิดเผยอะไรมากไปกวาเลมทีแลวเลย สงสัยวาจะเคลียรกเลมทายๆแหละมัง เลมนีจะไมไดเนนหนักไปทางตอสูกับผีหรือบทบาทของเมดิเอเตอรเหมือนกับเลมทีแลว แตมีการแทรกพารทสืบสวนมา ซึงนีแหละทีทำใหเรามองกวาซูซทำอะไรโงๆลงไปเยอะมาก แตนันกเปนตัวทีทำใหเนือเรืองไหลไปขางหนา เพียงวา...มีอะไรอยางนีบอยๆครัง มันเหมือนกับการกินนำพริกถวยเดิม มุกเดิมๆทีเคยขำ เคยคิดวามันตลก พอมาเจออีกทีในเลมนี มันชักจะไมตลกแลวสิ จากไมตลกจึงกลายเปน 'แปก' ไปตังแตเมือไรกไมรู ...

ตอ
Haley  *don't touch the sleeping pills*
The Mediator series is definitely become one of my favorites. Perhaps it's too soon to say that since I've only read the first two books? But I definitely like it.

So, let's talk about Suze for a minute. This girl is everything I want to be. She's tough. She's sarcastic, and funny. She's relatable. She's just freaking awesome. I would want this girl as a friend. She's just a character I really clicked with. And that is a super rare occurrence.

The thing I like about the Mediator books is you don'
Io705
Jan 05, 2010 Io705 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ninth Key (Part Two of the Mediator Series)
Final Response by Iolanthe Brooks
12.24.09

I think Suze is just a confused girl trying to find her way. Only for her it’s even harder. Everyone is pressuring her to do different things, things a girl shouldn’t have to worry about. Her mom pressures her to go on dates, even if it means walking into traps and her mentor, Father Dominic, pressures her to help all these ghosts. If I were Suze, I’d be all confused inside.

Normal girls lean on each other whe
Melissa
Feb 08, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, read-2016
I just adore rereading this series. Suze was my hero when I first read this series at 11 years old. And her and Jesse were my first OTP. Love love love.
Marga
One word. Jesse.
Howdy YAL
To see review with gif click here.

Original Reading Experience:

I read this in a binge read when I finally got my hands on the rest of the series-I had read books five and then later four first BEFORE finally reading books one, two, and three.

Honestly, I just wanted to get on with this one and get to the last book because I had to know how my ship was going to work out. Because it just had to because surely Meg wouldn’t be that cruel…

Anyway, what I remembered the most about Ninth Key was Suze’s f
Amy
Mar 13, 2015 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
High Stakes the second book in The Mediator series was okay but I think I preferred the first book.

Suzie was a little harsh at times in this book, especially towards her step brothers. She also tried to be funny at times but to me it seemed inappropriate, it just didn't really work for me. It made her seem pretty stupid to be honest. I expected her relationship with Jesse to progress a little in this book but it seems she is at a stand still with him. He saves her a lot but most of the time he
Kaisa
Oct 15, 2011 Kaisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Jesse =) I want even moooore Jesse please.
I love that these books are short enough for me to read even when I'm supposed to be reading other things. haha.

You know what was nice about this book? There was a moment where I thought Meg Cabot was gonna throw in the most overused creature in the world into the story, but she didn't! She didn't. And I was thankful for that.
Meh, what can I say... These books are entertaining.
Kelly
I thought this one was a lot more fun than the first. I like the development of her relationships with Jesse and the stepbrothers. I wish other characters had a little more to do in this novel, like CeeCee and Adam and Father Dominic, but I'm hoping for a return to them in future installments. I'm going to have to get my hands on the rest of these soon!
Gabrielle
"This was Early-2000s!Gabrielle's least favorite book in the series. She still really enjoyed it."
-2016!Gabrielle

Connie
Source: I own a bind up of books one and two in this series.
Cost: Free Gift

Title: Ninth Key/High Stakes
Series: The Mediator #2
Author: Meg Cabot
Overall Rating: 5 stars

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SERIES.

Meg Cabot is definitely a timeless author in my eyes, I can read her books at 8 and love them and read them again at 18 and have the same emotional response to them.

Father Dominic is such a good character for this series to have, he's like the calming influence in this series, the Rob of the Med
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
I read the first book a few months ago and I enjoyed it! This isn't a dark ghost story, more of the fun variety, and it has a common plot, but I enjoyed it!

Suz is trying to be semi normal, but the fact that there's a mediator prevents that. Again. This time she's woken by a screaming woman, a ghost, who needs Suz to tell "Red" that he didn't kill her. Suz has no idea who this "Red" is, so she asks around. Turns out "Red" is th
Christina
High Stakes was the necks book in the Mediator and it was bloody satisfying!

Suze is awakened by a screaming female ghost, who wants Suze to deliver a message to "Red", that he didn't kill her. Thaddeus "Red" Beaumont is the closest Suze comes to finding a guy named Red. He so happens to be the father of Tad, who Kelly Prescott prodded Suze to dance with at her party. Naturally, Tad becomes Suze's love interest... for this book at least. Under the guise of a school journalist, Suze manages to ge
Maninee
May 13, 2011 Maninee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
After writing a scalding review on the first of this series I least expected my self to be reading the second one of it, except it seems that fate had other plans for me. I was on my way to Bangalore on a train journey of 36 hours with nothing to read except this one book I had with me. Finding it extremely difficult to kill time I turned my attention to this book as a last resort to survive the boredom. And here's my verdict: I'm glad I had nothing else to read.

This book isn't half as bad as th
Reading Vacation
REVIEW

A triple decker review. This is what you end up with when a series is so good that you read the books one right after the other.

In Ninth Key, Suze spends a good part of her time trying to figure out if Tad Beaumont (aka Red) is responsible for a murder. While the interactions between Suze and Tad were nice, I was much more drawn to the scenes with Suze and Jesse. Remember Jesse, he’s the ghost who lives in Suze’s room. Less Red and more Jesse! There are some completely unexpected twists t
Kirsty
I like this series, the books are really quick to read and the story is fun and easy to understand. There is nothing majorly exciting about this series, it is about a girl who can see ghosts.

The story is fun to read but the books are aimed at a much younger audience so you don't get a lot of character development and everything happens really quickly due to the book being so short.

I thought the plot twist in this book involving Marcus was slightly predictable, but I still thought it was good. I
Devina
Nov 18, 2010 Devina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seperti biasa, selalu suka dan cinta sm novel2nya Meg Cabot, lebih suka buku yg ini ketimbang yg pertama, meskipun keduanya sm bgs nya.. :)

Bagian yg paling aq suka adl wkt Suze akhirnya tau klo trnyt Red yg dimksd adalah ... (takut *SPOILER* hehe, yg tau ajah) dan bagian yg plg mengharukan wkt Suze menyampaikan pesan yg di tinggalin ma hantu wanita itu buat Red.. Wkt mrk ber 2 pelukan.. Mengharukan bngt.. :)

ahh..tante Meg Cabot memang Te O Pe BGT.. Berharap bngt seri selanjutnya dr buku ini ga
Madelyn Blake
Really starting to love this series! The books are fun, exciting and very quick reads so they're perfect for me if I don't want to really commit to a big series at the moment. I'm eagerly looking forward to reading the third book!
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
I really enjoyed book 1 and I expected more from this considering how Shadowland ended. I knew it would be another ghost encounter and I was looking forward to whoever will pop up next..

Sadly, while this was good plot-wise, there was too much focus on Suze and not enough 'heart' that went into the first book.

Also this book lacked the great dynamic between everyone & Suze and it became limited to Suze and a few other characters none of which provided the fun and quirky dynamic of Book 1. I mi
Mystery
Nov 23, 2015 Mystery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't too great. Sure, I love Susannah and adore Jesse, but I feel like, as a series, not much happened.

The name Ninth Key also wasn't a very big part.

The writing has a lot of Commas. But that's the way Suze speaks so I can't fault that. What did irk me was how the dialogue was always interrupted. Like, "What," he asked, "are you doing?" instead of "What are you doing?" he asked.
Almost all the dialogues were like that. It got a little annoying. There was also some present tense- past
Caitlin
Aug 30, 2015 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Just as much fun as I remembered.

How can you not love Suze? She's so funny and smart and boy-crazy that it's hilarious. And she can kick some serious ass and plan her way out of nearly every situation, but she still loves her leather miniskirts and Prada and spends all this time on her hair in the morning. She owns her femininity and destroys her enemies. That's the kind of girl I can get behind.

And I really appreciated the fact that, though Suze is tough and not-to-be-messed-with, Cabot didn't
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Vampire!
Worst Part: Krazyyyy boys.
Thoughts Had: I know!!!; No Way!!!!; ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh eff him!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: This was much better than book 1. I really never saw the twist coming! idk what to s
Harley (bookeuphoria)
This is like a fangirling mess, so read at your own caution

"Nobody told me about the poison oak.

Oh, they told me about the palm trees. Yeah, they told me plenty about the palm trees, all right. But nobody ever said a word about this poison oak business."

Suze has the best opening lines, like they're so simple but they pull me in and I already feel like I'm immersed in the story. Reading these books is like catching up with a friend (so I imagine). Suze is just so fun and entertaining. (view spo
Ashley Lynch
First, let me say... Suze and Jesse

They're just too cute together. He's the grown up to her immature. He thinks things through while she jumps right in. They just mesh together and clash, but at the right times. I like it. He also shows concern for her, even when she's not showing concern for herself.

As for the end, well...
(view spoiler)
Rachel Lightwood
This was read as a part of Love You to Death & High Stakes.

I have to say that my appreciation of Meg Cabot is slowly increasing with every The Mediator book I read. There is a certain magic to her style that works perfectly for what these books are. Just like Sarah Dessen has that way for writing touching and best-selling contemporary novels and Rick Riordan has the gift for writing mythology-based fantasy, Meg Cabot has an incredible gift for writing fun, light-hearted chick-lits with feist
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
For more reviews, gifs, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Rereading old favorites is interesting. The Mediator series was one of my favorite things ever, but it’s shocking how little I actually remembered about the books. Reading them through a blogger lens definitely casts them in a slightly different light, but they’re still hilarious and fun, even if they’re no longer perfection to me. That said, I’m fairly certain that Ninth Key is the weakest in the se
Mery
Sep 27, 2009 Mery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mery by: Angelic Zaizai
Suze, si Mediator--yang bisa ngeliat dan ngomong dengan hantu--kali ini didatangi oleh perempuan cantik yang minta tolong buat bilang ke orang yang bernama Red, kalau dia gak ngebunuh dirinya, dan minta jangan terus-terusan bersedih karena itu bukan salahnya.

Tapi Suze karena lagi ngantuk, cuma mengiyakan aja tanpa tahu siapa Red itu dan siapa si hantu perempuan itu.

Lalu muncul hantu ayah Suze yang marah-marah mengenai Jesse, hantu cowok yang berbagi kamar dengan Suze.

Dengan bantuan Ceecee, teman
Jen
My Thoughts: Ninth Key gives us more Suze and Jesse quote action unquote. Ugh, maybe I'm just a girly girl, but I really wanted to scream "MAKE OUT ALREADY!" at the book the entire time. Meg Cabot will not listen to me, however, because she's milking the slow build. I LOVE THE SLOW BUILD. My inner romantic is beating the crap out of me right now, but I do love the torturous descriptions of longing gazes, charged silences, and coy smiles. Also, considering that Jesse is a ghost, I suppose them ma ...more
Marcia
Oct 18, 2012 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der erste Satz
Keiner hatte mir was vom Giftsumach gesagt.

Meine Meinung

Die Geschichte
Ich war ja so begeistert vom Auftakt der Serie und deswegen musste ich einfach weiterlesen. Zum Glück hatte ich auch gleich den zweiten Teil zur Hand, denn ich glaube, dass ich sonst echt durchgedreht wär. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass das Buch den ersten Teil noch übertreffen kann, aber da habe ich mich geirrt.
Denn dieses Buch war für mich persönlich noch um einiges spannender und hat mich deswegen auch von der
tad and jesse and suse 23 102 Sep 10, 2014 07:25AM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Ninth Key (The Mediator #2) 2 25 Jun 11, 2012 05:23PM
  • Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • Highway to Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #3)
  • Where Roses Grow Wild (Rawlings, #1)
  • White Is for Magic (Blue is for Nightmares, #2)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • Reign Check (Demon Princess #2)
  • Losing the Plot (Angels Unlimited, #2)
  • Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #2)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • The Becoming (Daughters of the Moon, #12)
A pseudonym of Meg Cabot, under which she wrote the first 4 1-800-Where-R-You books (When Lightning Strikes, Code Name Cassandra, Safe House, and Sanctuary) and the first 4 Mediator books (Shadowland, Ninth Key, Reunion, and Darkest Hour). These 8 books have been re-released under her her real name.
More about Jenny Carroll...

The Mediator (7 books)
  • Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
  • Reunion (The Mediator, #3)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)
  • Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)

“I may have been dead for the past hundred and fifty years, Susannah,...but that doesn't mean I don't know how people say good night. And generally, when people say good night, they keep their tongues to themselves.” 186 likes
“This is not to say that I wasn't completely repulsed. I mean, I wasn't exactly proud that my stepbrother
was in there tongue wrestling with the second stupidest person in our class, after himself.”
44 likes