Start by marking “Devátá stezka (Mediátor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devátá stezka (Mediátor, #2)

Devátá stezka (The Mediator #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  25,153 ratings  ·  622 reviews
Kdo by věřil na duchy? Jen děti a blázni... Svět 16leté Susannah se hemží nešťastnými zbloudilými dušemi, které se potřebují dostat tam, kam jim je souzeno. A pomáhat jim mají "mediátoři", lidi jako Susannah, schopní vidět zesnulé a mluvit s nimi. Jinak je Suze normální holka, chce být ve škole oblíbená a zajímá ji, jak líbá Ted Beaumont, s nímž se seznámila na večírku. Je ...more
Published 2004 by Knižní klub (first published February 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Devátá stezka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devátá stezka

Io705
The Ninth Key (Part Two of the Mediator Series)
Final Response by Iolanthe Brooks
12.24.09

I think Suze is just a confused girl trying to find her way. Only for her it’s even harder. Everyone is pressuring her to do different things, things a girl shouldn’t have to worry about. Her mom pressures her to go on dates, even if it means walking into traps and her mentor, Father Dominic, pressures her to help all these ghosts. If I were Suze, I’d be all confused inside.

Normal girls lean on each other whe
Kaisa
More Jesse =) I want even moooore Jesse please.
I love that these books are short enough for me to read even when I'm supposed to be reading other things. haha.

You know what was nice about this book? There was a moment where I thought Meg Cabot was gonna throw in the most overused creature in the world into the story, but she didn't! She didn't. And I was thankful for that.
Meh, what can I say... These books are entertaining.
Christina
High Stakes was the necks book in the Mediator and it was bloody satisfying!

Suze is awakened by a screaming female ghost, who wants Suze to deliver a message to "Red", that he didn't kill her. Thaddeus "Red" Beaumont is the closest Suze comes to finding a guy named Red. He so happens to be the father of Tad, who Kelly Prescott prodded Suze to dance with at her party. Naturally, Tad becomes Suze's love interest... for this book at least. Under the guise of a school journalist, Suze manages to ge
Maninee
After writing a scalding review on the first of this series I least expected my self to be reading the second one of it, except it seems that fate had other plans for me. I was on my way to Bangalore on a train journey of 36 hours with nothing to read except this one book I had with me. Finding it extremely difficult to kill time I turned my attention to this book as a last resort to survive the boredom. And here's my verdict: I'm glad I had nothing else to read.

This book isn't half as bad as th
Reading Vacation
REVIEW

A triple decker review. This is what you end up with when a series is so good that you read the books one right after the other.

In Ninth Key, Suze spends a good part of her time trying to figure out if Tad Beaumont (aka Red) is responsible for a murder. While the interactions between Suze and Tad were nice, I was much more drawn to the scenes with Suze and Jesse. Remember Jesse, he’s the ghost who lives in Suze’s room. Less Red and more Jesse! There are some completely unexpected twists t
Vina Crystelline
Seperti biasa, selalu suka dan cinta sm novel2nya Meg Cabot, lebih suka buku yg ini ketimbang yg pertama, meskipun keduanya sm bgs nya.. :)

Bagian yg paling aq suka adl wkt Suze akhirnya tau klo trnyt Red yg dimksd adalah ... (takut *SPOILER* hehe, yg tau ajah) dan bagian yg plg mengharukan wkt Suze menyampaikan pesan yg di tinggalin ma hantu wanita itu buat Red.. Wkt mrk ber 2 pelukan.. Mengharukan bngt.. :)

ahh..tante Meg Cabot memang Te O Pe BGT.. Berharap bngt seri selanjutnya dr buku ini ga
Rachel Lightwood
This was read as a part of Love You to Death & High Stakes.

I have to say that my appreciation of Meg Cabot is slowly increasing with every The Mediator book I read. There is a certain magic to her style that works perfectly for what these books are. Just like Sarah Dessen has that way for writing touching and best-selling contemporary novels and Rick Riordan has the gift for writing mythology-based fantasy, Meg Cabot has an incredible gift for writing fun, light-hearted chick-lits with feist
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
For more reviews, gifs, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Rereading old favorites is interesting. The Mediator series was one of my favorite things ever, but it’s shocking how little I actually remembered about the books. Reading them through a blogger lens definitely casts them in a slightly different light, but they’re still hilarious and fun, even if they’re no longer perfection to me. That said, I’m fairly certain that Ninth Key is the weakest in the se
Mery
Sep 27, 2009 Mery rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mery by: Angelic Zaizai
Suze, si Mediator--yang bisa ngeliat dan ngomong dengan hantu--kali ini didatangi oleh perempuan cantik yang minta tolong buat bilang ke orang yang bernama Red, kalau dia gak ngebunuh dirinya, dan minta jangan terus-terusan bersedih karena itu bukan salahnya.

Tapi Suze karena lagi ngantuk, cuma mengiyakan aja tanpa tahu siapa Red itu dan siapa si hantu perempuan itu.

Lalu muncul hantu ayah Suze yang marah-marah mengenai Jesse, hantu cowok yang berbagi kamar dengan Suze.

Dengan bantuan Ceecee, teman
Jen
My Thoughts: Ninth Key gives us more Suze and Jesse quote action unquote. Ugh, maybe I'm just a girly girl, but I really wanted to scream "MAKE OUT ALREADY!" at the book the entire time. Meg Cabot will not listen to me, however, because she's milking the slow build. I LOVE THE SLOW BUILD. My inner romantic is beating the crap out of me right now, but I do love the torturous descriptions of longing gazes, charged silences, and coy smiles. Also, considering that Jesse is a ghost, I suppose them ma ...more
Marcia
Der erste Satz
Keiner hatte mir was vom Giftsumach gesagt.

Meine Meinung

Die Geschichte
Ich war ja so begeistert vom Auftakt der Serie und deswegen musste ich einfach weiterlesen. Zum Glück hatte ich auch gleich den zweiten Teil zur Hand, denn ich glaube, dass ich sonst echt durchgedreht wär. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass das Buch den ersten Teil noch übertreffen kann, aber da habe ich mich geirrt.
Denn dieses Buch war für mich persönlich noch um einiges spannender und hat mich deswegen auch von der
Vickie
Another fine example of Meg Cabot's prolific talent. I am not always fond of authors who have so many books (72!) and series (11!), but I make an exception for Meg Cabot. She can write about a size 12 or 14 not being fat and make me laugh at the mysteries that the character finds herself in. She can write about the Princess Diaries, she can tell me about the Boy Next Door.
My absolute favorite story Meg can tell me, is The Mediator series. It's a little reminder of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Exce
Cherrylea
I'm done! Meg Cabot's an great quick read author, and her stories are always satisfying. I don't have much to say about this book (it was like the first one).
A few quick comments:

1. I love Jesse. He's so great, and funny, and I find I'm always waiting for Suze's next encounter with him. I particularly enjoyed the scene where he catches Suze and Tad kissing! Can't Jesse kiss her already?
2. Suze's relationship with her family and friends are so funny and great. They're a great bunch of characters!
Tapestrymlp
This is the second in Meg Cabot's Mediator series about Suze, a high school Sophmore who is able to talk with and touch ghosts. Just weeks after dealing with Heather, Suze is back to acting as messenger service for the ghosts that seek her out. This time she's not being menaced by a ghost, however, but by an all-too alive local business man with some dark secrets to keep.

Like the first book in the series, Ninth Key is face-paced and a fun read. The characters are true to the first book and just
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Though I liked this a bit more than the first, I didn't find it to be anything particularly exciting. This book is a typical quick and easy Young Adult book with a little bit of romance. This book certainly had more action than the first and I though that the plot was better as it was slightly more complex. Again, I liked the characters and they're being formed well. I can't say that I'm particularly 'taken' by this series though and I'm not desperate to read the rest of the series - I like a li ...more
Emily
This is probably closer to a 3.5 star rating, but I can't give it much higher. The second in the Mediatior series has the same air as the first--as it should, as it takes place about a week after the end of Shadowland. However that is also its main flaw. When reading them so closely together as I did, the repeated information from the first book (often written with the same language as the first time) got a bit tiresome. Very much a here's-what-you missed-last-time kind of feeling. The story was ...more
Wendy Darling
Hmm. I liked this well enough for what it is, but after two books the series doesn't really engage me. I have the rest of the books, so I might finish them eventually since they're quick reads and I do enjoy the wise-cracking main character; they're just a little too light-hearted and chick lit-y for my taste, though. I like my mediums a lot darker and my vampires a lot sexier.
Zemika White
Ian Placido
Cabot has a way of writing that enthralls it's readers. This is definitely a good read for teens. If you are not one, like me, you might still find it keeping you on your toes. :)

The thing with non-early teens and those who have really read a lot of other good books, they might not have the patience to indulge in this series. Cabot has a way of stretching points and ideas that some of us may find too much. One may find a way of learning to adapt to this kind of writing, it is skipping all the ot
Nelia
The weakest in the series for me, but still a fun read. Though one does start to wonder when Suze is going to stop talking about how no boys are ever interested in her when she gets asked out by stunningly gorgeous boys on a fairly regular basis.

Edit: On book 5 now and the answer to my question is, not yet.
miaaa
ceritanya masih oke. Suze kedatangan tamu tak diundang yang memintanya menyampaikan pesan pada seseorang bernama Red tapi Suze menyampaikan ke orang yang salah dan kekacauan pun dimulai hahahaha

okay Jesse is hot, somehow I begin to feel that Sleepy a.k.a Jake is away hotter lol
Wickedshizuku
Very funny to see that Suze is still up to her usual antics, and making the ghost in her bedroom jealous. The style of Cabot's writing is still a little disappointing. I really wish that the whiny internal monologues would end. She should try a narrative point of view.
Rossana Snee
Cute book. Very funny and entertaining. This book continues to follow Suze as she talks to the dead and tries to get out of the scrapes into which she gets herself. Many laugh out loud moments. If you want something light-hearted to read, I recommend this one.
Joana Marques
Após a leitura do primeiro livro da série Mediator, de Meg Cabot, e como lhe achei muita graça segui logo para o segundo livro “A Nona Chave”.
Reencontramos Suze, a mediadora, e Jesse, o fantasma giro que mora no seu quarto, e preparamo-nos para uma nova aventura.
Tudo começa quando Suze é acordada a meio da noite com uma mulher fantasma, claro, que lhe grita para transmitir algo a Red. Sem saber quem é Red, Suze rapidamente começa a mexer as suas poucas influências e vai descobrir o Sr. Beaumont.
Barbara ✞ Centrum Permanebit ✞
This book made me realize how stubborn Suze is. When someone warns you about something, you should listen Suzie. Also, her relationship with Doc is the cutest.
Rebecca
So I started out giving this book 4 stars. Just because it wasn't as good as the first. Now I am writing the review and I have decided to drop it down to 3 stars because I really didn't like this one as much.

The story line is good but I like the "ghost" part of the story, the creepy, weird, supernatural that noone but Suze can see. But in this book you barely saw any "ghostly" activity. There was a taste here and a peek there but nothing that really had me excited. Make sence?

And don't even get
Maggie
Jun 24, 2008 Maggie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maggie by: Myself
Lexie
Sigh. I don't think that my teen-years experiment is looking up.

The plot of this one was borderline ridiculous. (view spoiler)
I do like the character developments of the supporting roles, especially with Jesse and Suze's step-brothers. There was a scene with David and Suze at the end that felt genuine. The rest of Suze's monologue seems to be filled with upbeat sarcasm that doesn't make sense in many situations, particularly when her life is in danger. I
Tiff
Liked it just a smidge less than that first one.
tad and jesse and suse 23 97 Sep 10, 2014 07:25AM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Ninth Key (The Mediator #2) 2 24 Jun 11, 2012 05:23PM
  • Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)
  • The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney
  • Hell Week (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #2)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • The Sacrifice (Daughters of the Moon, #5)
  • White Is for Magic (Blue is for Nightmares, #2)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Winging It (Angels Unlimited, #1)
  • The Chase (The Forbidden Game, #2)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Bad Kitty (Bad Kitty, #1)
  • Old Magic

More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“I may have been dead for the past hundred and fifty years, Susannah,...but that doesn't mean I don't know how people say good night. And generally, when people say good night, they keep their tongues to themselves.” 170 likes
“This is not to say that I wasn't completely repulsed. I mean, I wasn't exactly proud that my stepbrother
was in there tongue wrestling with the second stupidest person in our class, after himself.”
45 likes