Another, Vol. 01

Another, Vol. 01 (Another (Manga) #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  27 reviews
26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Kouichi Sakakibara transfers to that...more
Published April 3rd 2009 by Kadokawa (first published 2009)

Ayu Puspita Sari
This rating and review are for all completed volumes.

I never into horror because if it's not creeped me out, it's always made me cringe shamelessly. So yeah.... not into horror.

And. The anime version of this story was out, and then my friends fangirl over it said it was sooooooooo good so I can't help but getting curious and then I decided to buy the DVD and then tada! IT. WAS. HORROR!!

This story was about a boy named Kouichi Sakakibara who got his sickness relapse when he's about to start new s...more
Despair Speaking
I'm totally going to try watching the anime version of it! The art looks promising and actually better than the manga so I think it'll be pretty good! Not to mention there'll be creepy sound effects so it'll add to the scariness of it all! Okay, it might not be as scary to me anymore since I know how it ended but I think I'll still be at least freaked out a bit! My only problem with Another is that it should have let us know earlier that (view spoiler)...more
Neha
Jan 23, 2013 Neha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Another is a horror-suspense manga series. I will confess that I am usually not a fan of the horror genre, mostly because I can never find anything that interests me. But Another definitely got my attention and held on to it damn well.

My experience with Another began with the anime series first. I HIGHLY recommend the anime as it was creepy as all hell and gave me goosebumps. Another originally consisted of novels, but was later adapted into manga and then anime.

I really, really like this serie...more
Sophia F
26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then during a class picture, the one who didn't belong; Misaki was there.
Kouichi is a boy who recently has been living with his Grandmother, since his mother died and his father isn't that great of a fa...more
Dani
I don't normally read horror, but I came across this when I was looking for good manga and anime to read, so I thought I'd check it out. (Actually, it was a rather gory Tumblr GIF that I think involved (view spoiler) but I have no idea how it's going to get to that point, so it's all good. It's not that much of a spoiler.) I started watching the anime, but even the first two episodes scared the living daylights out of me... it was good,...more
HaveYouSeenThisGirL Denny
HAH! I just bought the manga set of this! Watched this already and liked it a lot, now lets see if I'll like the manga too! Will give this a proper review after I finish reading the manga <3

---

so I'm done reading Volume 1 and I'm so sorry for giving it 4 stars, it deserves 5 stars! The manga is better than the anime, truth be told I got bored at the first scenes of the anime but in the manga, I already got excited in the 1st pages. This is a really cool manga, very mysterious and thrilling. I...more
Mehsi
I saw the anime of this series not that long ago, and felt like reading the manga.

Now I am not so sure if I will continue, the manga was practically the same as the anime and I was bored a few times because I already knew it.

In overall, I love the art style of the manga. And it is good to see Misaki and the other people again.
Lucía Sancho-Arroyo
Another comenzó como una novela escrita por el también guionista de su adaptación ilustrada, Ayatsuji Yukito [no sé por qué lo digo, si está en la sinopsis. Así soy yo ¬¬], una que PIDO ENCARECIDAMENTE que sea traducida al castellano.
Se centra en la clase 3-3 de la escuela Yomiyama, un aula sobre la que cae una maldición y unos estudiantes que harán lo que sea para eludirla.

La historia mezcla el drama, con el suspense, el terror e, incluso, la comedia, por lo que resulta muy completa.
A España,...more
Bekah Herondale
I love this manga, one of the best I have read. The anime was amazing as well! ;D
Chloe
This is just so amazing! Such a very original story! Made me scared of using stairs...
Sasha Strader
Wow! I don't totally understand what's going on yet, but this is one creepy manga.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Currently watching the anime. Its creepy and freaking scary and totally awesome.

Mercy Martinez
Ni si quiera se por donde empezar.
El dibujo, es genial, no pasa de normalito. La portada igual... El punto.
Este manga me resulto tan extraño como lo esperaba, pero me fastidio que todo empezara avanzar de una manera demasiado rápida, los diálogos tenían poco relleno - lo cual es bueno - pero que llegaban hacer demasiados vacíos para mi gusto. Es oscura la historia, sip. Es de comedia, no. Aunque hubiera preferido más profundidad, quizás el segundo tomo contenga un poco más de lo que busqu en es...more
Ramz
Sep 17, 2012 Ramz added it
OMG is awesome =)
Poisongirl 0101
Freaking awesome!
Trent  White
When i first heard of another i thought that it was going to be just another predictable horror. But as i got into it, it proved me wrong. From the random deaths of Kouichi's fellow students down to the end on who the extra "student"was. Another would have to be on the top of my favorites as of now and has amazing reread qualities. After reading it i went and saw the anime and i found both just spot on perfect !
Francis
Interesante propuesta de Yukito Ayatsuji y Hiro Kiyohara. Una historia de terror en un aula donde una maldición acompaña a una clase al completo.

La trágica muerte de uno de los alumnos provoca que éste siga materializándose en el aula año tras año y se lleve a muchos de sus compañeros y familiares.

Todo cambiará después de la llegada de Sakakibara que intentará romper la "maldición" en compañía de una extraña y paranormal compañera.

El dibujo es muy bueno y la historia entretenida. Es muy rápida y...more
Hannah
I loved the story, and the art was gorgeous. The manga is entirely different from the anime if you've seen that. Definitely at least worth a read. The added color pages are a nice touch too in this omnibus edition.
Hi
Apr 18, 2012 Hi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga, horror
Warning: This review includes all volumes of this manga and may contain spoilers.

I don't know what got into me, but I somehow decided to read a little bit of horror yesterday. I get scared easily, so it wasn't smart of me to start this one late last night.

To be honest, I got a bit confused with the plot. Even after I read the ending and discovered who the dead person really is. I didn't expect that twist! But even with it, I've got to say that I still didn't really like the story. Sorry.

Now abou...more
Hope
I didn't really finish it, but it was really confusing and I still have no idea what is going on...
Kate
Oh wow, this is interesting. Very scary, a tad confusing, but I still feel hooked and want to read volume two. The drawings are detailed and interesting as well as gory, and they help convey the creepy atmosphere that the story is going for. I really like Misaki Mei! I'm not sure what (or who) she is yet, but she's very mysterious and strange (in a good way). On another note, there is A LOT of bloodshed/death in this manga, so if it isn't your thing...don't read it (However, I do have to ask...i...more
Cat
Nov 12, 2012 Cat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Okay, I'm WTFing a lot. I'm finding the dialogue especially confusing, but it's really interesting and I definitely want to know what happens next.

More importantly, though,

THIS IS CREEPY. ASS. SHIT.

You sure get what you pay for. Not limb-choppy creepy (yet, anyway), but eerie-mindfucky creepy. I thought reading the manga instead of watching the anime would keep my heart steady, but no such luck. Let's see how this goes.

Irma
I'm gonna sum up all 4 volume in this review.

People have been saying Another is really good. To be frank this is my very first attempt on reading horror, i never into this kind of manga. At first i kinda like the story but as it goes on and on it gets so boring i don't even finish the 3rd volume. I just don't get the scary feeling and the creeps. Well, i guess i'm the minority because most people said it's a perfect horror :p
Tanabrus
Serie in quattro volumi, di cui questo è il primo.
Per ora sembra interessante, con buoni disegni e una bella atmosfera abbastanza horror, malgrado la figura dell'infermiera che è comico-ridicola, la macchietta per alleggerire la tensione.
Luula
Dec 23, 2013 Luula rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Wah, I'd been looking forward to this one. After being told by several people that it was pretty good, pretty scary, I just couldn't get into it. I'm sure the rest of the series was good, just this one wasn't for me. Not today.
Verónica
Verónica marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Гого Иванов
Гого Иванов marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Hell Girl, Volume 1
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 03 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #3)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 1
  • Dragon Head, Volume 1
  • GOTH (v. 1)
  • Future Diary Volume 4
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 2 (Deadman Wonderland, #2)
  • Another
  • MPD Psycho, Volume 1
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 4 (Death Note: Black Edition #4)
  • Kobato, Vol. 05 (Kobato, #5)
  • Vampire's Portrait Volume 1 (Yaoi)
Calling you: Kimi Ni Shika Kikoenai: Novel Another, Vol. 02 Another, Vol. 04 Another, Vol. 03 Kimi Ni Shika Kikoenai: Manga