Start by marking “Soldier On (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Soldier On (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #2)

Soldier On (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse #2)

For Cade Grayson, father, husband, and former Delta Force operator, life has changed drastically over the course of forty-eight hours. He's watched the dead inexplicably return to life before his very eyes. He's lost many people near and dear to him, most dying unfathomably horrible deaths at the hands of the dead who have seemingly overnight taken over the big metropolis– ...more
ebook
Published November 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Soldier On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soldier On

John Volker
Feb 21, 2012 John Volker rated it it was amazing
Chesser's second novel in the series adds some interesting twists and gives some meaning to comments made in the first book. I have to admit that I am hooked on this series and want to see how the "movie in his mind" ends. It is a good zombie survival series.
Mysti
Feb 15, 2013 Mysti rated it it was amazing
This series has been a white knuckle read!! My hands have been tightly gripping my Nook from start to finish. I would suggest this author & series to anyone who loves Zombie, Action/Suspense and/or Apocolypse reads! KUDOS TO Shawn Chesser for an amazing series! He rocks! I'd rate this 10 stars if I could.
December Maglior
Apr 14, 2013 December Maglior rated it it was amazing
I would suggest this author and book to anyone. It is full of zombies, military action and is fast paced. I couldn't put it down. YOU rock Shawn Chesser
Bette Podgurski
Nov 28, 2016 Bette Podgurski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soldier On

Excellent book, as we continue the journey with Cade. As he meets fellow fighters, killing zombies, and trying to rejoin his daughter and wife across the land. Really thrilling.
Wilson E. Stevens Sr.
This was a fast and fun read. Author killing off a lot of characters he introduced, which I didn't expect. I would rate this high for an apocalypse book. Enjoyed it enough to start the next book in the series.
Brian's Book Blog
The continuing story of Cade and his search for his family during the zombie apocalypse

Former Special Ops Delta Force soldier Cade Grayson is trying to survive. Zombies are everywhere. The “Omega” virus has turned the dead into the living dead. His wife and daughter are out there somewhere, at least he hopes so. Follow Cade and his ragtag group of survivors in the next story in the Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse series.

The narration for Soldier on was done by Chris Patton. Patton did the narrat
Tai
Jul 04, 2014 Tai rated it liked it
This 2nd book in the series picked up from the first and it basically continues the storyline. The first quarter of the book definitely contained more action than the first book and then the middle part of the book was utterly slow. It introduced a lot of "side storylines" some of which just seemed rather pointless like "Why was this introduced?" when it didn't lead into anything. It felt like there were a lot of pointless fillers in this book. Much of the dialogue in this book didn't really ser ...more
Thia
Dec 23, 2015 Thia rated it really liked it
This is better than the first book. The women are getting some spunk and are much more realistic, and there are many new and interesting characters that are fleshing out well. One big butt - and that is the main character Cade. First, dumb annoying name. Second, he's a jerk. One character in particular seems to bring on his wrath and his crime? Being fat and a civilian. I'm former military and from a military family and I don't know a single soldier that thinks about civilians so negatively. Par ...more
Lauren Dowding
Jan 01, 2014 Lauren Dowding rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I'm enjoying this book series at the moment while i'm slowly reading them in between other books. Although brilliantly written, I did find this second novel rather dull. I find that it switches to much between the different characters and so it gets confusing at times to what is happening to who. I also find that it goes to much into the military aspects of the whole situation and would like it to focus more on the main characters and the challenges they are facing with the zombies and their new ...more
Jessica Kong
May 20, 2015 Jessica Kong rated it it was amazing
Soldier On is book two in the Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse series by Shawn Chesser. I love how the story moves fluidly between books. There is no fear of missing crucial events that would make you scratch your head and ask, "When did that happen?" Shawn is a great story teller. I especially love the details he incorporates into his scenes, and yes, even the gory scenes. His characters are so well developed that your heart goes out to even those who make a cameo. Not too many authors can do th ...more
Lexie
Jun 16, 2012 Lexie rated it liked it
I really liked this book. I'm on the 2nd one now, and am wondering how Cade will manage to find Brook and Raven. It's very interesting, especially now that SPOLIER* (we know that certain powerful men created this strain to basically take over and rule the US) END SPOLER

Good character development. I like watching Brook become more inventive and take initiative
MaryJo
Aug 09, 2012 MaryJo rated it it was amazing
My son recommended these books to me, so I started with Trudge. Now that I have finished Soldier On, I cant wait to read In Harms Way. Once I started reading this I couldnt put it down. Love the way they are written and keep you interrested and not too wordy or rambling on and on with descriptions. A must read in the zombie and post apocolypse genre.
Greg Snow
Mar 04, 2016 Greg Snow rated it liked it
It is a tale of the zombie apocalypse so of course I enjoyed it. The main character made a couple of idiotic decisions for a tier one operator. After rolling my eyes I read on. Minus these instances I am enjoying this series.
Nate
Feb 20, 2013 Nate rated it liked it
this one followed too many people over too little time. It's still good, but the progression was disappointing. The late chapters try to make up for it with huge jumps, but that made them feel less deserved.
Mad-robot
Aug 10, 2013 Mad-robot rated it it was ok
This second book continues a disturbing trend from the first...an unusual amount of violence towards children. Sometime they are zombies getting killed, sometimes they are being raped by bikers. It becomes too much to accept after a while.

All in all, way to disturbing.
Joy Jensen
Apr 17, 2016 Joy Jensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read!

I am really enjoying this series! I finish one and can't wait to get to the next one. Action is non-stop, characters are believable & diverse, writing is top notch. If you're a fan of the genre you'll like this series.
Charlene
Jun 22, 2016 Charlene rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the series not only continues Cade Grayson's quest but develops the other characters and the story about their journey in in this new scary world in a very believable manner. Good action sequences. Again, leaves you wanting to get on to the next book.
Karen
Dec 13, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, apocalypse
This was a good sequel to the first book. I don't want to loose anyone else because I have become so invested in their survival. The pace was a bit slow for me but it got me to where it needed. Great writing!
RJ
Dec 19, 2015 RJ rated it liked it
I followed up with book two in the hopes that it would improve over book one. It did not. The pace is rather choppy and I just couldn't get into the characters. The story is not terrible, just not for me. I'll still give it three.point.five for the effort.
Chrystal Roe
Nov 18, 2016 Chrystal Roe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Great adventure with lots of action and some very bad guys. This book is a must read, as is the whole series.
David Colenutt
Jan 17, 2013 David Colenutt rated it it was amazing
Loved this entire series. I am highly anticipating the 5 the books. Definitely worth while for any zombie lover to read the entire series. Keep up the great work
Vicki
Jun 19, 2014 Vicki rated it it was amazing
I love Zombies !!! This series is one of the best I have read. Now I am on to book 3.... If you love Zombies I think you will like these ...
Shotgunmary
Jan 17, 2013 Shotgunmary rated it really liked it
great series. this really melds seamlessly with book one. Fantastic character development and story line. Looking forward to book 3
Roger C. Sellman
Good read.

The story and characters kept me interested to read more. I'm looking forward to the next book. I am hoping it's as good as this one was.
Andrea
Nov 12, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Ok, this one was better. The writing felt much more relaxed and natural and didn't come off as trying way too hard. Or I got used to it.
Linda Young
Jan 01, 2016 Linda Young rated it it was amazing
Another well written book by Shawn Chesser I am thoroughly enjoying this series and cant wait to start the next book
Santana
Nov 20, 2012 Santana rated it really liked it
Much better than the first. The writing was definitely an improvement. Looking forward to reading the 3rd book in the series.
Moldedclay
Moldedclay rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2012
gareth
gareth rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
  • The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)
  • The Rising Horde: Volume One (The Gathering Dead, #2)
  • Outbreak (Z-Risen #1)
  • Sanctuary (A New World, #3)
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Tales of the Forgotten (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #2)
  • As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2
  • Taking it Back (White Flag of the Dead, #2)
  • The Book Of Riley 2 (The Book of Riley #2)
  • Mutated  (Dead World, #4)
  • No Easy Hope (Surviving the Dead, #1)
  • Mogadishu of the Dead (Arisen, #2)
  • Murphy's Law (Roads Less Traveled, #2)
  • The Lost Journal (Secret Apocalypse)

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • In Harm's Way (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #3)
  • A Pound of Flesh (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #4)
  • Allegiance (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #5)
  • Mortal (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #6)
  • Warpath (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #7)
  • Ghosts (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #8)
  • Frayed (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #9)
  • Drawl: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse (Duncan's Story)
  • District (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse Book 11)