A Very Sinful Valentine

A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  35 reviews
A Very Sinful Valentine From Matthew to Jane...his beloved...

The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer AshleyA Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLeanA Night Like This by Julia QuinnThief of Shadows by Elizabeth HoytA Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
Historical Romance Novels 2012
82nd out of 199 books — 115 voters
In Too Deep by Anita PhilmarSimply Sexual by Kate PearceSinful by Charlotte FeatherstoneA Wild Night's Bride by Victoria VaneSin by Sharon Page
Historical Erotica
33rd out of 91 books — 53 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Tate, Dan & Hunter
My Dearest Jane, my wife, my Valentine…

Matthew loves his wife and children and the family life. Yet, the man he used to be, Wallingford, ached for something a little more hedonistic. Debauched. His wife, Jane, seems to be encased by a melancholy and sadness he couldn't quite reach. Jane's been hit with the baby blues, and Matthew is seriously worried. He thinks that his wife is hit with the "husband blues". Matthew's friend came up with a wonderful idea: Ingenuity.

Matthew wants his Jane back!

Aft...more
Auntee
Feb 21, 2012 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of "Sinful"
Yowza! Holy hotness!
A Valentine's Day treat for Jane from Matthew. Wow, loved that Valentine's note that "Matty" wrote--it got the recently insecure-with-her-body-after-having-a-baby Jane all hot and bothered and put their marriage right back on track! Loved revisiting these two...please can we have some more of them? Now this is how you write a short (30 pages) story......... 5 stars

*Don't miss this if you've read and enjoyed Sinful--it's available free on the author's website* (must sign up fo...more
Karla

"We've made love. And now, to the bed, where the fucking will commence.”

Oh Matthew, you naughty naughty boy! I. LOVE. YOU!!!

Thank you Charlotte Featherstone for this scrumptious little treat! Better than a box of chocolates!!!
Wendy
Wow, sexy, hot and steamy. Matthew Wallingford, you are a stud!

This is a free read:

The Mystic Castle
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Fantastic! I loved everything about this short peek into Jane and Matthew's future life. I was once again reminded why Matthew is my all time favorite hero!
Shawna
5 stars – Erotic Historical Romance Quickie/Freebie

Dearest Matthew,

A Very Sinful Valentine” indeed! You are a master of eroticism, whether using your wicked tongue for scorching dirty talk and skillful fingers to pen naughty, sensual love notes or putting them to use for far more vigorous and...ahem...pleasurable pursuits. What an utterly rakish, licentious husband you are, and Jane is one lucky wife!

Ms. Featherstone,

My deepest thanks for giving your fans a wonderful, passionate, poignant, and...more
HankLover
I absolutely loved “Sinful”, so how delighted I was to discover another little snapshot of Matthew and Jane’s life together.

This story takes place three months after the birth of their second child. Jane feels insecure about her body and Matthew doesn’t understand why his wife has pulled away from him.

As the mother of three children, I understand completely all of Jane's concerns and anxiety over pleasing her husband. But the way Matthew assured Jane that his desire for her was as strong as ever...more
Dee
I read this the first time back in February and really enjoyed it and rated it 5 stars.

My friends here on GR know that HR really isn't my thing and only read them once in a blue moon but I thoroughly enjoyed CF's style of writing and the fact that it was a steamy read. On the whole I generally like my romance to have a bit of steam and allow us to read the sex scenes and not just imply them.

Baba, A very good friend of mine here on GR, recommended that I read the main story Sinful that this is r...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
To sum it up: After Jane's pregnancy with Blossom, she knows that her body has changed- she no longer feels herself, and her inadequacies are getting the best of her. She doesn't feel that Matthew will worship the "new" Jane anymore. Matthew's feelings on the other hand, have never changed and never will- His love for Jane is the forever kind, and he'll do whatever it takes to show her that... And it includes a very sinful Valentine..

I loved everything about this short little peek into Matthew a...more
 ~V~
LOVED! Hot, sweet and sexy!!
Lady Heather
AMAZING!!!
LOVE Matthew and Jane!!
What an awesome Valentine!
Caroline The HEA Lover
Awwww I loved it! I missed Matthew and this is just awesome.
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Maldivianbookreviewer
This is a score sheet review. For the full review with scores please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone is one of those novels that I ended up loving to death. A hero that I could not get enough of, a heroine who was his match in every single way and sensual scenes penned so vividly and erotically that it took my very breathe away, needless to say, Sinful is a novel that I would remember till the end of time.

So it was to my delightful surprise that...more
Lisa Jo
Well, I kinda loved this book and how messed up Matthew, Earl of Wallingford really was. And Jane, the lowly illegitimate bastard castoff turned nurse who was the catalyst for his ability to love another human being. First by physically cleansing his body and then by opening up his shattered mind and spiritually cleansing his soul. Wow! She was a pretty powerful woman! Loved that! That's not to say that Matthew didn't put Jane through her paces. I totally related to the aspect of how poorly he t...more
Brooke
So completely relateable... I loved it...

Every woman needs a man who would say this to them...
~My God, every change in your body is because
of me. Because of what we‟ve done. The love we‟ve made. The life we
created. Yes, you‟ll think me some primitive brute, but I have to say it. This
body is because I filled you with my seed, and every lingering change is a
reminder to me that I‟ve given you something no man ever will.~
Gina
when a book has left you utterly spent what can one more small peek into the their lives do to you....

Well for me this left me smiling in my bed, the printed out pages laying scattered about my bed and on the floor. This was HOT HOT HOT!! Yes, sinfully hot!! A Very Sinful Valentine was perfect, Oh my MATTHEW!!!
Fazia
After finishing Sinful I was quite disappointed with the ending, however I found out that there was an epilogue to the series and boy was I relieved. This novella did though short was quite the climax for Sinful that I was hoping for.
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie
A further glimpse into Matthew and Jane's lives after the epilogue.

Talk about HOT!!!

I'd post Matthew's letter to Jane but then that will give it all away. I remember again what made me fall for Matthew, sigh...

(Although a freebie, this is now out of circulation as Ms. Featherstone's website is no longer be, so I just want to say, THANKS, again, Kristen!!! ♥♥♥)
Cherie Jensen
I won't ever get enough of Matthew and Jane. I wasn't ready for Jane to be questioning her appeal to Matthew but postpartum depression is not logical so the story line was very real life. I am very grateful to get 30 more pages of the two of them.

There were lots of spelling/typing errors, some errors made understanding the sentence difficult. It is a free PDF so maybe in the future I'll download it again if corrections have been made.
Leiera Monae
It is official. . .I am now a designated Matty fangirl!

Because who the hell wouldn't want to hear their man say this:

"We've made love. And now, to the bed, where the fucking will commence."

I mean, really!!!
Desiree
5 stars.

A quick, fun, sexy read.

This is a short story (30 pages) and we get to read more about Matthew and Jane. Jane is insecure about her body after the birth of her and Matthew's daughter. Matthew is desperate for his wife and will stop at nothing to claim her again.

Loved it, I look forward to any story, long or short, that involves Matthew and Jane.
Michelle
For those of you who loved Matthew & Jane's story and couldn't get enough of them in Sinful, or the separate epilogue to Sinful, here's another installment. It's a short story revolving around Valentine's Day, and like their original story, it's emotional and sexy and touching. I loved it!
Sammy
Matty is the perfect bad boy. I envy Jane so much. Sigh to have a husband adore me and worship my body post-pregnancy while carrying a bit of extra weight...what more could a girl ask for in the perfect husband?
Mydearloverboy
wasn't really a necessary addition to the story...just like a sidestory of the characters after their daughter is born....very short, about 20 or so pages;p
Ellen W-S
Wow is right! Scorcher... Wish I had read this after I had my babies! Need to re-read Jane and Matty's story, just so good.
Tracey
A quick read, an insecure wife and horny husband - a pleasant read an erotic encounter near the end.
Dominique
This was a perfect steamy, sexy valentine! Holy hell, Matthew is the man!!
Hot hot hot!! Matthew is so naughty yet so loving to Jane, I LOVE it!!
Catherine
Soooo romantic..I would like a Matthew of my own, please!
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Shaken
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • The Best Man
  • Risk the Night
  • Hot in Here
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • Dare Me
  • Consumed
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • Secret Admirer
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • What She Needs
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Nightfall
Hi I write erotic historical romance for Harlequin Spice, as well as erotic paranormal romance under the name Sophie Renwick. In 2011, I'll be debuting my mainstream, Victorian set historicals through HQN.

I love talking about books, and have found some new friends, and really good book recommends here on Goodreads. I really love this community.

More about Charlotte Featherstone...
Sinful (Addicted #2) Addicted (Addicted #1) Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1) Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2) Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)

“I’m a hedonist, and you, Jane, my wife, should know that about me. You’ve shared my body and bed, you know things about me that no other soul on earth does. Who can I not be a sensualist with than, you, Jane? Who else to act out my wicked fantasies, than the woman who inspires them? There is no shame in fantasies, in pleasure. Who other than us needs to know what we’ve done, what brings the other pleasure?” 3 likes
“But this night is not through. We’ve made love. And now, to the bed, where the f*cking will commence.” 2 likes