Start by marking “The Adventures of Rusty Collected Stories” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Rusty Collected Stories

The Adventures of Rusty Collected Stories

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Rusty, the boy whose stories have charmed and entertained children for years, brings together his best adventures in one volume!

From the time he was a boy living with his grandparents in Dehra, surrounded by an assortment of odd animals, people and relatives, to when he gets sent away to school, then makes his way to London and becomes a writer, Rusty’s had more adventures
Published 2012 by Puffin (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Rusty Collected Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Rusty Collected Stories

Parinita
From the time he was a boy living with his grandparents in Dehra surrounded by an assortment of odd animals, people and relatives to when he gets sent away to school then makes his way to London and becomes a writer, Rusty’s had more adventures than we can count.

The Adventures of Rusty features the early days of young Ruskin Bond. The book starts with the author’s relatively carefree childhood but gets gloomier as it progresses into his youth. Even the later parts aren’t without their light mom
Aditya Shekhar
We had this book in school as a part of our English Literature curriculum. I used to skip ahead of the class and finish the stories beforehand. The vivid narration by Mr Bond is so captivating that you don't wish to stop. It still remains one of the finest books I read as a kid.
Shwetha
A beautiful collection of stories by Ruskin bond. The writing style was wonderful and I could connect with the emotions of rusty.
Pranjal
Honestly I didn't want this book to end because it was a parting gift from a close friend, and this book is all about that. Beautiful narration of Indian culture from the eyes of a young boy growing up in an Indian village. This book is like a getaway, to the valleys of dehra and to the recesses of your childhood full of visits to grandparents, making new friends and being one with nature. This book is not the one that you read, you experience it. And I loved my experience!

Take a bow from a fan
Anisha Srivastava
I read this book,my first novel, 12 years back. And since then i turned into a avid bookworm. But this book will always adorn my bookshelf no matter where i go. A must read for all young readers.
Aditya Patil
One of the first books I had read back in school days. Its beautiful writing.
Saurabh
Its amazing one.Cherish your childhood days and nature troll
Rupertt Wind
Candid and beautiful :D
Dhvani
Dhvani marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Aryan Sharma
Aryan Sharma marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Swati B
Swati B marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Sourav Mukherjee
Sourav Mukherjee marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Neeraj Sharma
Neeraj Sharma marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Subh Joshi
Subh Joshi marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Linn
Linn marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Aditya Gogoi
Aditya Gogoi marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Milap Doshi
Milap Doshi is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Tell Me No Lies: Investigative Journalism and its Triumphs
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • The Black Shrike
  • Romance With Chaos
  • Shakedown
  • Copper Canyon Conspiracy (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #21)
  • Timewyrm: Apocalypse
  • Younguncle Comes to Town
  • Mr. Sampath--the Printer of Malgudi
  • The Fever
  • Under the Serpent Sea (The Secrets of Droon, #12)
  • Biowar (Deep Black, #2)
  • One Thousand and One Arabian Nights
  • The Feather Men
  • The Janson Command
  • The Other Side
  • Never Let Me Go...
  • Johnny Gone Down
Ruskin Bond is an Indian author of British descent.He is considered to be an icon among Indian writers and children's authors and a top novelist.
He wrote his first novel, The Room on the Roof, when he was seventeen which won John Llewellyn Rhys Memorial Prize in 1957.
Since then he has written several novellas, over 500 short stories, as well as various essays and poems, all of which have establish
More about Ruskin Bond...
The Room on the Roof Night Train at Deoli: And Other Stories The Best of Ruskin Bond Delhi Is Not Far Rusty, the Boy from the Hills