Start by marking “Criminal Promises” as Want to Read:
Criminal Promises

Criminal Promises (Second Chance Detectives #1)

Seasoned, act-first-ask-questions-later Detective BD Harte is assigned to protect Maggie Sullivan when she’s targeted by an escaped serial killer he’d put away a year earlier. Getting up close and personal with the sensuous widow he felt an inappropriate temptation for threatens BD’s emotional distance. Attraction quickly flares into an irresistible passion, forcing him to ...more
ebook
Published March 27th 2012 by Nikki Duncan (first published March 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Criminal Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Criminal Promises

Joyfully Reviewed
When a convicted murderer escapes prison the Detective that put her away must confront the feelings he has for the widow of the man murdered. Detective BD Harte cannot escape the feelings that pull him toward Maggie Sullivan. Since telling her of her husband’s murder and putting away the killer Harte has been unable to stop his continuing feelings for Maggie. Now that her life may be in danger Harte will do anything to keep Maggie and her children safe.

Maggie Sullivan has had a tumultuous year.
Black Butterfly
Aug 15, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
NOT A BAD READ BUT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CHARACTERS, THEY WERE SORT OF STUPID SOMETIMES. I MEAN DOESN'T MAGGIE OR HER FAMILY/FRIENDS LISTEN TO THE NEWS AT ALL?? IF YOU HAVE NO MONEY ISSUES, WITH EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOING ON WHY DON'T YOU GET A KICK-ASS HOME SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLED? THE CONSTANT REPETATIVE THOUGHTS THAT MAGGIE & BD SHARED WAS JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH (started skip-scanning through these). THE STORY LINE WOULD NOT HAVE SUFFERED IF SOME OF THE ANGST FILLED THOUGHTS WERE REMO ...more
Deniece
Won this in a giveaway.
3.5
This was a few grammatical errors but nothing too bad. Also at the end when the accomplice was revealed I was a little confused it named one person as the accomplice then 2 pages later someone totally different. I reread it a few times to see if I missed something but nope nothing was missed. So I just rolled with it didn't bother me a bit (and knowing me I did skip something shhh) Anyway...

Hot Guy, beautiful girl, both with a scarred past, Who fall for each other but
Allison Collins
Mar 24, 2012 Allison Collins rated it it was amazing
"Criminal Promises" by Nikki Duncan is just as smokin' hot on the inside as the cover is on the outside! Excellent storyline - an escaped serial killer is on the prowl for the widow of the man she killed a year earlier, convinced the widow holds the key to a lost treasure.

Detective Harte is drawn to Maggie, the widow, but afraid to give her his heart. The plot thickens as Maggie is terrorized by the killer, while she aches to be with the man sent to protect her.

A definite must-read! Nikki Dunc
Conny
Nov 24, 2012 Conny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I was a First Read Winner of this book and I liked it. I wish we could give half stars because its actually a 3.5 for me. I really wanted to like it more, it had a great premise and I loved the characters but it moved kinda slow for me. It took forever for BD and Maggie to get together even though there was plenty of chemistry and heated looks and some kisses between them, and the villain was kinda predictable. I would still recommend this book to friends since overall I thought it was good.
Kim Mack
Dec 20, 2012 Kim Mack rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Sorry to be the downer in all the good reviews. Maybe it's not totally fair as this is not the genre I enjoy. I got the book for First Reads. I knew by page 24 this was going to waste my time. Seriously, a woman finds a mutilated and gutted raccoon on her porch with photos of her murdered husband and his replacement murdered down the street the other day, goes to call the hot and buff detective and worries about how his voice will effect her!? Oh, please. I found the writing style juvenile and o ...more
Samantha
Thanks Nikki Duncan for the signed copy of your book!
When this came in the mail I wanted to devour it on sight but unfortunately school kept me from reading it… until now.
I loved the instant spark between BD and Maggie. They’re both strong and likable characters.
I hope in the next book we learn more about Grace and Craig’s relationship.
Robin Catrett
This is a nice story about a man protecting a strong willed women. I found it a bit immature at times but it kept the story light. I was glad to see it told from both main characters point of view instead of just one sided. Would highly recommend to other readers who like this genera.
Kelli Lynn Dwyer
I just wanted to say thank you for doing this giveaway for your book Criminal Promises, I'm very excited to be able to read this. As soon as I receive and read the novel I will be sure to write a review.
Alicia
Nov 23, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on a giveaway. I liked the suspense and all the sexual tension!! Great book!
SCARLETT
THIS IS A VERY ENTERTAINING BOOK BY NIKKI DUNCAN. THESE CHARACTERS REALLY COME TO LIFE. I REALLY ENJOYED IT! THANK YOU GOODREADS!!!!
C.A. Szarek
Apr 17, 2012 C.A. Szarek rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The story was moving & sweet. Steamy love scenes! Can't wait for the next one.
Gina
Feb 20, 2012 Gina rated it really liked it
I like this book! the story is loaded with suspense and sexual tension. The secondary characters are great too!
Heather Long
Heather Long rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Hina
Hina rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Cheryl Whitty
Cheryl Whitty rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Mags
Mags rated it really liked it
May 14, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2012
Sango
Sango rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2013
Lindy
Lindy rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Heaven Kelough
Heaven Kelough rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2012
Tabitha Peterson
I Love this book! I am glad I won it. It was one of the books that was hard to put down. :D
Laura †
Laura † rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Susan Sheehey
Susan Sheehey rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
MAGGIE
MAGGIE rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2013
Erika Mounts
Erika Mounts rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Monique Ito
Monique Ito rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
  • Hard Irish (Weldon, #3)
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • The Loner (Men Out of Uniform #4)
  • Spell Bound (Darkly Enchanted, #1)
  • Marshal of Hel Dorado (Fevered Hearts, #1)
  • L.A. Caveman
  • Baby Bequest (Billionaires and Babies, #4)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Mystically Bound (Frostbite, #3)
  • Make Me (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #2)
  • A Santini in Love (The Santinis, #6)
  • Flirting with Sin (Noble Pass Affaire)
  • Not Your Average Joe
  • Lord & Master (The Billionaires, #3)
  • Hidden Impact (Safeguard, #1)
  • A Callahan Wedding (Callahan Cowboys, #6)
  • His Perfect Wolf (Mystic Wolves, #2)
  • The End of Darkness (Offspring, #7)
Heart stopping puppy chases, childhood melodrama and the aborted hangings of innocent toys are all in a day’s work for Nikki Duncan. This athletic equestrian turned reluctant homemaker turned daring author, is drawn to the siren song of a fresh storyline.

Nikki plots murder and mayhem over breakfast, scandalous exposes at lunch and the sensual turn of phrase after dinner. Nevertheless, it is the pl
More about Nikki Duncan...