Start by marking “Starlight (Pact Arcanum, #4)” as Want to Read:
Starlight (Pact Arcanum, #4)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Starlight (Pact Arcanum #4)

The Triangle

Anchorpoint City, 2082. Half a year after the death of his lover Takeshi, Rory remains devastated, deflecting Nick's attempts to draw him out. Lorcan takes it upon himself to coax Rory back to life. Then an innocent gesture of affection explodes into a sensational scandal, forcing them to make choices they would otherwise never have considered. Will their frien
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 308 pages
Published February 19th 2012 (first published February 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlight

Katy
Feb 11, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: i-edited
Note: This re-read was of a potential 3rd edition omnibus paperback that includes elements of some of the novellas.

My Thoughts: If you have seen my reviews, you know I'm a fan of the Pact Arcanum, and of Ahsanuddin's wonderful writing style. The plot in this one is just a wonderfully smooth, beautifully detailed, and engaging as in each of the previous books. It is obvious that the author has put a lot of work into getting this book "just right". I was one of the fortunate ones who was able to s
SueM
This the 4 major title in the Pact Arcanum series by Arshad Ahsanuddin, and it was well worth waiting for. If you haven't read the series in order, including books 2.5 and 3.5, then I would advise you to do so. This novel is based upon past events and world-building found in the the previous novels and as such, much of this book will leave you otherwise confused. If you plan to read them, please don't read any further as the following will contain spoilers for books 1-3.5

Nearly 100 hundred years
Jason Bradley
This is a roller coaster ending to say the least. WOW!
Yy Tang
Mar 24, 2012 Yy Tang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, vampires
From Bram Stoker's Dracula to the Twilight Saga, it seems like there is nothing new to add to vampire lore. Fortunately, we have Arshad Ahsanuddin to help remind us why the legend endures.

I've been a fan of Mr. Ahsanuddin's work for a while. The world that he created in this series was indeed a unique one. It wasn't just some vague backdrop. In many ways, the world of the Pact Arcanum books is a character of its own.

While world building is still very much a part of Starlight, I has pleasantly
Jeff Laws
Mar 19, 2013 Jeff Laws rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book of the Pact Arcanum series and it finishes nicely. If you haven’t read the previous books, then I highly recommend it before you read this one or you may be a little lost.

This book takes place a little further in the future (100 years, maybe) from where the last one left off. We learn what becomes of Antonio and a lot of this book is based around him and his returning home after being gone for awhile. His return comes with a price to what Antonio believes is his future. Thi
Billie
Mar 02, 2012 Billie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is based on a free copy of the book received from the publisher through the Goodreads Advance Reader process.

This is the fourth and final book in the Pact Arcanum Quadrology (real word).

This book has it all : star travel, vampires, multiple planes of existence and soul enslavement.

The audience for this book would include those interested in vampires, science fiction, Goth, existentialism, immortals (you know who you are), fantasy, magic and planetary travel.

There is a large cast of c
Scott
Mar 07, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review will contain some spoilers if you are unfamiliar with the series.

Starlight is the fourth book in the Pact Arcanum series by Arshad Ahsanuddin. Since this series deals with a lot of immortal characters mixed in with humans and Sentinels with normal lifespans by this point in the series there are some new characters that are becoming featured as the original characters age and die off.

This series is still going strong and keeping me entertained. I know that it is almost ready to be wra
Bobbi
Jul 29, 2016 Bobbi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Starlight #4 is actually the 5th book in the Pact Arcanum series. A fantastic science fiction romance series. I love this story, the characters and the world Arshad Ahsanuddin has written for them. It was so easy to read and get into the world he has written. This whole series was hard to put down. It is definitely a must read. I'm afraid this is probably the last book but I would love to hear more!

Brenda Cothern
Alan Taylor
Mar 17, 2012 Alan Taylor rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wins, first-reads
I think this would have been better had I read the 3 books in the series before this one. As it is I found it to be quite confusing as each character seems to go by 3 or 4 different names and it's hard to remember who's who.

This is also not really what I would class to be a vampire story, certainly not in the classic sense of the word.

All in all it was quite an enjoyable read, but if I'm honest I can't say it would make me rush out to buy the preceeding books.

This was received as a Goodreads Fir
Nicci
I truly love the universe and the storytelling. Pact Arcanum series is a must read for science fiction, fantasy and another take on the vampire mythology. However, the m/m romance development is not very good. I find I can't finish reading this book. That's how upset I am.
William Bitner Jr.
From the first page of book one through the last page of book four, this series took me on an incredible journey. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes to be taken to places beyond your imagination. Excellent, wonderful piece of fiction.
Kristina
Nov 27, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, glbta, 2015
Enjoyed this book a lot. Tied up the loose ends quite nicely. Recommended but read the rest of the series first or it won't make any sense at all.
Wideopeneyes
Wideopeneyes rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
George
George rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Nithu
Nithu rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Dec 08, 2013
Kaitlyn
May 27, 2013 Kaitlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mark BLAIR
Mark BLAIR rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2013
David Gilleland
David Gilleland rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Emily Guido
Emily Guido rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Miika
Miika rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
P
P rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Seth Poole
Seth Poole rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Q&A with Arshad A...: Starlight Discussions 1 6 Jul 25, 2013 09:54PM
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore, #2)
  • A Chip in His Shoulder (Falling Sky, #1)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Locke & Key
  • Far from Home
  • Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 1
  • Odd Man In
  • Aklesh
  • Chaos Station (Chaos Station, #1)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Alien 'n' Outlaw (Galactic Alliance #2)
  • Closet (Todd Mills Mystery #1)
By profession, I am a hematopathologist, a laboratory physician who specializes in diagnosis of diseases of blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes, such as leukemia and lymphoma. Yes, I realize the irony that I write about vampires. ;)

The Pact Arcanum Saga consists of five books: Sunset, Cathedral of the Sky, Sunrise, Moonlight, and Starlight. It is best described as non-explicit, gay vampire space
More about Arshad Ahsanuddin...

Pact Arcanum (4 books)
  • Sunset (Pact Arcanum, #1)
  • Sunrise (Pact Arcanum, #2)
  • Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3)