In The Flesh (Soul, #2)

In The Flesh (Soul #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In the Flesh, the sequel to Incorporeal, by J.R. Barrett.

Lightning in the middle of a blizzard? Dr. Sydney Blake has read about it, but this is the first time in all her life she’s experienced it. Has her truck been struck? Blinded by the flash, she slams on the brakes and dives from the driver’s seat, right into a snow drift.
As a shivering Syd gropes to her feet, she kee...more
Published February 18th 2012

Crystal
Where to start? Oh; the notion that a Dr who also ran a ranch would volunteer to overwork herself at the office? While neglecting her animals? She thinks briefly about perhaps getting a motel instead of trying to drive back in a blizzard and only briefly thinks of her horses. Ah... Yeah... All this time I was thinking "who is going to feed your horses, you dumb twat?" Indeed, it's only the last two or three chapters that it's revealed that there are even ranch hands at all, and apparently all th...more
Penny Watson
In the Flesh by Julia Barrett

This is the follow-up to Incorporeal. There were some wonderful things about this short story. I adored the romantic premise of an immortal making the ultimate sacrifice to come back to earth so he could experience love. Wolf is an amazing hero....super sexy and protective. Syd is a scrappy heroine, juggling a medical position and all of the grueling responsibilities of running her own ranch. There was lots of intense sexual chemistry going on. And the whole image of...more
Katherine Bayless
Nov 05, 2012 Katherine Bayless rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I read Julia Barrett's Soul Series (INCORPOREAL, IN THE FLESH, STAY) over the span of a weekend and was hooked from the beginning. All three novels kept me turning electronic pages well past my bedtime, as I'm often known to do when I come across an engaging story.

[I will disclose here, for the record, that I came across Julia Barrett via Twitter and am also an author. I do not, however, know Ms. Barrett personally, nor have I ever interacted with her socially. I enjoy reading her blog and decid...more
Kayla
This is a great sequel to Incorporeal, and I'm so glad that I got the chance to read this. I have missed reading Julia's stories so much! Julia's books all leave me wanting more, there isn't one book of hers that I have read and haven't loved. She is a stupendous writer, and if you haven't read any of her books I recommend you do.

In the Flesh is about a woman named Sydney Blake who is a doctor, and got wrapped up in a bad relationship with a guy named David Garza who is also a Doctor. One night...more
LutaWolf
As humans we often don’t appreciate the glory, joys, and sorrows that life brings us. Sydney Blake is about a hairs breath away from the last hay straw to break the camels back. Wolf is a guardian who watches over us but grows weary of simply watching, he would give anything to experience what we humans take for granted. Unbeknownst to Sydney she is about to come up against a force that will renew her love of life and Wolf is about to be granted that wish that he so desperately wants.

I expected...more
Kyra Dunst
I like the Soul Seies, and I picked up this short story as part of the collection. Wolf and Sydney make a sweet couple. I didn't much care for the abrupt ending, but the story does continue, so I have good hopes for this couple.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
CONTEST: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

The characters were a full main course, absolutely scrumptious. Sydney is my favorite kind of female character, strong but human with a vulnerability that leans to reliability. Wolf is that strong alpha male character that we women love to drool over but what makes us truly love him is that he knows he is nothing without her.

I can’t recommend In The Flesh enough.
Lola4
The characters were so adorable and the story so sweet. The ending confused me, but since I loved the rest of the story so much, what the hey. I can't bring myself to delete this one from my badly cluttered Kindle, and will be re-reading it in the future. Whenever I luck into a really great Kindle freebie, I usually end my review by saying there is such a thing as a free lunch--this one is a free gourmet dinner.
Zen
This was a sweet story. I think I liked the first one better in terms of the romance. In this book I knew a little more about the heroines love interest then she did. At least his past. That was interesting. I would recommend it for a short, sweet read.
Deanna Drake
At first, my acceptance of the Gold Man was a little out there but, as I kept reading, I just fell in love with this story. I really liked how this story ended and Stay literally starts up right where In The Flesh left off. Love it.
Shelley Chastagner
This follows "Incorporeal" and is a worthy followup. The plot line is a little redundant but the characters make it worth it. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Adult read
Mical
Entertaining, fast read.
Mitzi
Sep 26, 2012 Mitzi marked it as to-read
Bk #2 in Soul Series
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
ROXY
ROXY marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
RedIza
RedIza marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 13, 2014
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Trixie
Trixie marked it as to-read
Chris Gardenier
Chris Gardenier marked it as to-read
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
This author also writes as Julia Rachel Barrett and Julia Barrett.

If one word describes me, it's eclectic. Or so my friends say. I'm a lover of books, poetry, art, history, baseball, barbecue, chocolate, coffee, children, animals and the great outdoors. I'm a hospice nurse as well as a writer, but I got my first job at the age of twelve so believe me when I tell you if my heroines are doing it, I'...more
More about J.R. Barrett...
Incorporeal (Soul, #1) Stay (Soul Series #3) Exile (Daughters of Persephone, #1) Reborn (Daughters of Persephone, #3) The Artist