The Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)

The Life Beyond (The Other Life #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Sherry’s dad is infected with the rabies mutation and his only chance at survival lies beyond the deadly fence separating the country: the antidote produced in the labs on the other side. And Sherry isn’t the only one who hopes to save a loved one; Joshua wants nothing more than to have his sister back, but after years as a Weeper she might already be beyond saving. Togeth...more
Published August 19th 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica RossiUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiScarlet by Marissa MeyerProdigy by Marie LuEverbound by Brodi Ashton
2013 YA/MG Sequels
66th out of 109 books — 827 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothProdigy by Marie LuUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiShades of Earth by Beth Revis
2013 YA Dystopia\Post- Apocalyptic Novels
35th out of 64 books — 167 voters

More lists with this book...

Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea)
2013 should just hurry up!!!
Michelle Smith
I was happy to revisit the lands of "The Other Life" with the Weepers and survivalism and such, but sadly, was even happier to leave it. This installment did not live up to the standard of the first book. This time I found Sherry a whiny selfish thing, with Joshua an insipid limp background teddy bear. Why anyone listened to them this time I do not know. But they do. They seem to agree with our *courageous* duo without so much as a counter-argument.
Anyway. I won't go on. In a way I'm glad that t...more
Eleanor
Well I waited for the release of this book and it was put back a few times but it was well worth the wait. It was just as asmazing as the first one and I was on the edge of my sit at times waiting to see what happened next with Sherry and Joshua. I loved it and although I really wanted to finish it to see what happened, I also wass sad to finish it.
Kristen
Great intense story...rushed anticlimactic ending. There were more errors in this book than the first; tons of mistakes in spelling and grammar. Such blatant carelessness seems insulting to the reader. An author should care about the readers enough to make sure that these mistakes are corrected before publication. I, for one spent 15 minutes trying to skim paragraphs to find out who "Karry" was and I how I missed this characters introduction into the story. Later I realized that this was actuall...more
Caitlin
Fantastic book. As good as the first one in my opinion!
Holly
Jul 19, 2013 Holly marked it as to-read
WHOA! Great job on the cover, Hafsah!!!! Woot!
Jan 12, 2013 Laura marked it as to-read
Unbelievably good !!
Meg
When I initially found out that the publication date for this book was cancelled I could not BELIEVE it and was so gutted!
Was soo thrilled when I discovered it was being released as an ebook! And...after months of waiting and waiting for it to be released...this book definitely did not disappoint!
I absolutely loved The Other Life and i didn't think it possible but The Life Beyond was EVEN better than the first!!!! Insanely good! I was simply hooked!
More action, more danger, more romance and def...more
Sally
I wanted to read this so much that I just went and bought it for my Kindle, omg. You know it's serious when I actually spend money on an e-book! Anyway it was definitely worth the $3.61 :P Bonus points for them going to Vegas as well... the mention of the now parched Bellagio fountains was so vivid to me, having just been there myself and seen those SO many times (usually from a distance although once we happened to be leaving the Bellagio JUST at the right time and it was amazing).

Um, what else...more
Laura Prater
Just like the first book, I literally wasn't able to put this one down. It was so action-packed and full of suspense and everything else that I just loved getting caught up in Sherry's world.

The only thing I didn't agree with was how rushed the ending seemed. I kept expecting something to go wrong at the end but it was too cookie-cutter for my taste.

Otherwise, such an amazing book that I've been waiting so long to read. I really wish more people knew about this series.
Alice Ridge
Rating: 4.5 stars
so glad this book eventually got published. I found out it would be published today just yesterday. As soon as I woke up I bought the book on my kindle and I've stayed up to finish it.
Just like the first book it fills you with so many different emotions. There's so much action that it's almost impossible to put down.
I found it quite scary in parts as well and I really hope I don't have any nightmares tonight.
Doreen
the life beyond is not the world it used to be before the rabies. this book focuses on the cure for the weepers.
Amy Mcpherson
I had two problems with this book. One: the author used the "word" alright. Not a word.
The second problem was that although this book was set in the American west (i.e., California) the author uses words like "kerb" and "aubergine." Perhaps the author is British and the editors didn't notice?

Otherwise a pretty good post-apocalyptic series.
Teralee
So glad that this book was finally published. I really enjoyed the first book and I was dying to know what was going to happen to sherry and her family. The life beyond was a great follow up and it ended the series perfectly.
Isabell Berkowitz
This series is so INTRUIGING! I was so glad "The Life Beyond" was finally published. I read it all in one day. It's not the best book in the entire world, but it was good, and just as good as the first one.
Stephanie Willane
I loved it but felt a little sad when sherry's father, Rachel and Larry died. I am depressed now as I finished it. I really want a third season!!!! But good work.
T. Jackson
By far, the first book was better. This had the happy ending it should have. But I thought there was more in the story and characters in the first book.
Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books
So apparently the publisher has canceled the publication of this book. Not postponed it but CANCELED IT! WTF?

Update 16/Sept/13

So this was released August 19th on Kindle. I want a paperback copy. I waited fucking forever for this to be released and now it isn't out in hard copy. Screw it! It gets a 1 until the book comes out I'm that pissed.
Mustafa Said
Mustafa Said marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Beboco
Beboco marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Delilah
Delilah marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Brooklyn Vander
Brooklyn Vander marked it as to-read
Celine Chen
Celine Chen marked it as to-read
Rachel's Book Reviews
Rachel's Book Reviews marked it as to-read
Jeni
Jeni marked it as to-read
Colleen O'donnell
Colleen O'donnell marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Shantelle
Shantelle marked it as to-read
Mstaranis
Mstaranis marked it as to-read
Tasi
Tasi marked it as to-read
Ashley Reynolds
Ashley Reynolds marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Man (Park Service Trilogy #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • Awakening (Tankborn, #2)
  • Half Lives
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • PODs (PODs, #1)
  • Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • Liberty
  • Sunrise (Ashfall, #3)
  • Jake and the Other Girl (Monument 14, #1.5)
  • The Fury (The Fury, #1)
Susanne Winnacker studied law before she became a full-time writer. She lives with her husband, a dog and three bunnies in Germany. She loves coffee (in every shape and form), traveling and animals.
When she isn't writing, you can usually find her in the kitchen, experimenting with new vegan dishes.
Her YA thriller IMPOSTOR will be published on May 28, 2013. It has been optioned for TV by Warner B...more
More about Susanne Winnacker...
The Other Life (The Other Life, #1) Impostor (Variants, #1) Defector (Variants, #2)