Voices at the Crossroads

Voices at the Crossroads

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Marie-Xaviere Volpe-or X, as her friends call her (because her name has too many syllables and because she loves The X-Files)-is a bit of a free spirit, whose "top 10 rules for living" include a melange of spiritual beliefs and a basic distrust of authority. Behind her petite, exotic exterior, X is a liberal-minded, New Age-style philosophy major at the University of Color...more
Published November 30th 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Voices at the Crossroads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voices at the Crossroads

Mary
Voices at the Crossroads is a wonderful novel that mainly consists of dialogue and correspondences between a group of friends, college students who have encountered each other at the University of Colorado in Boulder.

The central character of the novel is the extremely lovely, intelligent and ambitious Marie-Xavière Volpé, or “X." X is very much an individual, as exhibited in both her fashion and in her philosophies. X takes great pride in her unique style and personal mantras, almost to the poi...more
Jesse Booth
I am glad I took the time to read this book by fellow author, Helynne Hansen. While I typically do not read this genre of books, I was entertained and motivated to continue reading.

First and foremost, Hansen's writing is top-notch. The choice of words was seldom less than perfect, and she was able to accurately describe moments in her book with capturing language.

Her love for France and the French language really shows; throughout the book, there are many French quotes and words (I failed misera...more
Kellie Elmore
Kellie Elmore marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Helynne
Mar 18, 2012 Helynne added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hortense Allart: The Woman and the Novelist