Start by marking “The Beast's Promise (Outside the City, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Beast's Promise (Outside the City, #2)

The Beast's Promise (Outside the City #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  286 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Owen Sanders has a lot on his mind. Ever since being kidnapped from the City, he's been trying to get back in order to rescue the twin baby brothers he had been forced to leave behind. The only thing stopping him is leaving behind his newly found mate, Maltok, and the feelings he has for the other man. Katrian Co-Alpha Chief, Maltok doesn't know why his human mate refuses ...more
Published March 24th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Beast's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast's Promise

Ami
Predictable. Too much Melodrama. Simply without thrill or suspense or the sense of dystopian society like the first book Nature of the Beast (or at least first 2/3 part of that one). I already mentioned in my opinion for the first book that I worried the sequel would end up being a typical shifter story. I feel sad that I'm right.

Maltok knows that Owen is his mate -- and trust me, the word mate is thrown so often, like in EVERY SINGLE PARAGRAPH, that again, it becomes one of my most hated words
Serena Yates
Mar 25, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
The second volume is just as interesting as the first, but focuses on getting to know the Katria side of the story. The mysterious ‘City’, almost referred to as a living being, continues to threaten the characters’ lives and existence. Everyone is sure that some sort of retribution will happen, they just don’t know when. Add to that the problem of Owen needing to rescue his younger brothers back, and you’ve got a lot of suspense to keep things interesting.

Owen, forced to leave the City or be ki
Secretly Reading
Sep 19, 2012 Secretly Reading rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal, 2012-reads
*Originally reviewed on The Book Vixen

What I Liked: Owen and Mal’s romance starts in book one but hits its richness here. I love their commitment to each other and how important they are to each other, even in the face of grave obstacles. This is a pretty drama-free romance and as I read more MM romance I’m looking for that honesty between the leads. I also like that their romance isn’t purely sexual but first they get to know each other and learn what pushes each other buttons.

What I Also Liked
Kerry  sullivan
This is a fantastic second book in a hot little series.
Phaney
Oct 18, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Huh. This wasn’t bad. There are some issues, sure, but overall I liked it.

Let’s start with that very avoidable conflict near the beginning. Why on earthy doesn’t Owen simply say, “I want to be with you regardless, but we have to get the boys first; they need me.” Maltok is bound to understand about duty and family, so why does Owen have to pretend even for a second that he enters the agreement just to attain his goal? Oh well, it’s resolved thankfully fast.

I do wish Owen would include his grandf
Melanie
May 11, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Book reviewed for Joyfully Jay 5/11/12.

Rating: 4.25 stars

When Owen Sanders was kidnapped and forcibly taken from the Domed City, he left behind 6-year-old twin brothers in the care of his grandfather. He is now mated and living with the Katria, cat shifters, which has given him a new perspective on the City and the life under the Dome. In turns out all he was told by the authorities in the City about the Outside was lies and he has found love with Maltok, Co-Alpha of the tribe he's living with.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is park of a series and best read in order. Owen is getting desperate, he needs to go back to the City for his grandfather and twin brothers so he has been denying his growing closeness to Maltok but now he has agreed to a deal but it isn’t quite how he hoped. Maltok has offered to help Owen get his brothers from the City in exchange for them mating, but they get more than they bargained for and no
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

Second book in the OUTSIDE THE CITY series brings an already familiar Lyn's style, with her interesting take on shifters and colorful imaginary of a dystopian society. While the world was better worked through in the first book, seeing the Katria's side of the story was interesting enough to keep me reading.

Owen was taken from the city when the characters in the first book escaped the prison, only his leaving
Jess
I enjoyed the story alot. Its a solid three star rating.

A couple of things would have made it better - mainly the author telling us not showing us things that were pretty vital or could have really added to the tension. eg: 2 hrs is how long it took us to make our way across the city...then there is a bit of a battle JUST when they are 100m from the freedom. (bit cliche really). What I would have liked to see is a sense of danger from them as they try to hide - yes this would have made the word
Wendy
Feb 14, 2015 Wendy rated it liked it
I liked this book
Amy
Nov 04, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
One of the things that annoys me the most about MM romance is the sheer amount of grammatical errors and typos to be found in a book. It drives me nuts! This book has quite a few, more than the first book in the series.

Authors, editors, beta readers...listen up!

Singular: Woman
Plural: Women

See the difference? (This a mistake that bugs the crap out of me whenever I see it in a book!)

Other than that, I very much enjoyed this book and I really like this series!
Rachel
Mar 23, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
A very good follow up to the first book. I think I enjoyed the first one a bit more since it focused on the society living in the City more than this being a more run of the mill shifter/mate story, but I'm still glad to see that Owen got his happy ending and I like that it has set things up for future books. I can't wait to see what will happen next.
miss_chams
Apr 05, 2013 miss_chams rated it liked it
It was pretty much the same as the first one with the same sort of issues. The male human mates still read like females, the word "mate" is still used way too often, and the spelling mistakes and occasional poor sentence structure is still there.
That being said, if you liked the first one, you'll like this one.
Clover
Mar 24, 2012 Clover rated it really liked it
It was very good. Love the world created by the author. I'm looking forward to the next books !
(view spoiler)
Kristy Maitz
Mar 27, 2012 Kristy Maitz rated it liked it
In these book we get new little faces (kids) and we also get new faces and we are show opportunities for 2 new books or 2 more couples. I had great time reading that book.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Publisher: Silver Publishing
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 5 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
May 14, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
A book that keeps you hooked until the end, great characters.
Ice
Mar 24, 2016 Ice rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites of all time.
Emily
3,5
Shelley
Jul 21, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
Christina Enness
Christina Enness rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Mark p
Mark p marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
LOLA
LOLA marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Shyairra D.
Shyairra D. rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
timothy miller
timothy miller marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Rafaela
Rafaela rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Skm
Skm marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • A Royal Bind (Changing Moon, #2)
  • Mate of the Tsatrya
  • Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • The Alpha King (Passion's Hero #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Over The Rainbow (Watchtower, #1)
  • Touch of a Wolf
  • Apocalypse (Wolfman #1)
3272078
Amylea Lyn is a little odd, a lot weird, and just plain strange. At least that's what everyone tells her. She lives in Nevada, filling her laptop with too many stories to count and trying to ignore the yells of her football-obsessed siblings in the background. Most days, Amylea can be found sitting in her favorite chair after work, bugging those around her for fun tidbits to make her stories more ...more
More about Amylea Lyn...

Outside the City (3 books)
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Redemption of the Beast (Outside the City, #3)