Start by marking “Thriller 3: Love Is Murder” as Want to Read:
Thriller 3: Love Is Murder

Thriller 3: Love Is Murder (Bullet Catcher #8.75)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  735 ratings  ·  127 reviews
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.

Go on vacation with Allison Brennan's Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire's "bullet catcher"—bodyguard Donovan Rush—who may have
Published May 29th 2012 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about Thriller 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thriller 3

Michelle the Romance Witch
Diamond Drop ... Roxanne St Claire 3 stars
Kinda fun to read. Typical St. Claire twists… but damn could that have ended any more abruptly and still not really have had a conclusion…jeez!

Night Heat.... Laura Griffin 3 stars
Interesting story. Fun little twist but again ended way before I was ready. I definitely wanted more of Jane and Mike.

B.A.D. Mission.... Sherrilyn Kenyon 3.5 stars
This one was better and had the potential to be great. I would love to see this fleshed out into a least a longer n
Keri
These were some ok stories. Most of them were too short to really be good and some of them didn't even make sense. I didn't read them all, only my favorite authors. Some good ones were Cindy Gerard (Johnny Duane and Tink), Laura Griffin, Allyson Brennan (Lucy and Sean) and Lori Armstrong(A Mercy Gunderson story). I love Lee Child but his story made no sense to me. Sandra Brown only does the forward and doesn't have a story.
Kathy Davie
An anthology of 29(!) short stories revolving around love and murder in a mix of romantic suspense and thrillers with a few paranormal tales.

I primarily picked Love is Murder up because several authors whose work I follow are in it. It’s an uneven mix of good authors and bad ones. It starts with the really bad stories and gets unevenly better.

Series:
"Diamond Drop" (Bullet Catcher, 8.75)
"B.A.D. Mission" (B.A.D. Agency, 4.5)
"Deadly Fixation" (Belador, 5.5??)
"Hot Note" (Detective Shelley Caldwell,
Amy Lignor
Not only will fans jump for joy when they see the name Sandra Brown with a new title, but they will also be ‘over the moon’ when they realize that is actually a story collection of romantic suspense tales that are insanely good. Thirty short stories are included, written by some of the biggest names in the mystery/thriller genre. From Lee Child to Sherrilyn Kenyon to Heather Graham, these bestselling authors have outdone themselves with passionate tales of murder and mystery.

To offer just a few
Joseph Finder
I was fortunate enough to read an early copy of this book, and said at the time that it was like a box of chocolates–each one is different, but they’re all great. A terrific introduction to some writers thriller fans may not have encountered before, edited by ITW Master Sandra Brown.
Rebecca
What an amazing short story anthology. After finishing this book it’s going to be hard to find a book with one great author in it let alone the 30 odd in this one.
The book obviously has some very high calibre authors many of them are names I know very well and usually when I read a short story anthology by various authors I find some that aren’t very good but in this book I loved every single story. They are all extremely well written and well thought out. They’re all absolutely brilliant.
I real
Guilty Pleasures
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

I'll be the first to admit this is the probably the third time I have ever read every story in an anthology. There are ones that I get just for a certain author's novel. But in this case I have to say I am so glad I read each and every one!! Each story was great!! Their we're a couple that were out of my box of normal reading, but I still enjoyed them. I did try to do a small review of each story, but their are a couple I couldn't without giving away the s
Mark Soone
Well my stars are 84.5 w/ 29 stories for an avg. of 2.9 and that seems right for the stars I was planning. This is certainly not the best collection of short stories, but as a major short story fan I still found it enjoyable

1 Diamond Drop by Roxanne St. Claire- 5 stars
This was a super cool read that is a foot/shoe fetishists delight. A cool little diamond heist caper. Never heard of St. Claire but will likely be checking her out in the future!

2 Cold Moonlight by Carla Neggers- a generous 2 stars
Erin Muses
An enjoyable anthology of suspenseful romances.p

Diamond Drop (Roxanne St. Claire) - A Bullet Catcher on a mission to deliver diamonds is tested by a beautiful woman. 4 stars

Cold Moonlight (Carla Neggers) - An injured veteran rescues the president's daughter and wins her heart. 3 stars

Poisoned (Beverly Barton) - A dream-like meander through a woman's fight with poisoning. 4 stars

Speechless (Robert Browne) - A suspicious woman follows her boyfriend and gets a terrible surprise. 3 stars

Lockdown (An
Linda Munro
I ordered this book from the library because of Sandra Brown's attachment to it, but I was really not pleased!

I like collections of short stories because I cannot seem to read one book at a time, and this gives me a way to read entire stories in between chapters of other books. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find people who can truly write a good short story, which is proven over and over in this book.

Come on, you guys are all well known authors, you had to start somewhere! Maybe a short st
Mary (BookHounds)
MY THOUGHTS

OVERALL -- LOVED SOME MORE THAN OTHERS

So, if you can only bring one book with you on vacation this summer, this one will have you covered. There are short stories by some of my favorite authors including Roxanne St. Claire, Julie Kenner, Dianna Love and Beverly Barton. There are a lot of new names for me as well. Can you believe I have never read a Lee Child's story before? Well, that will soon be changing since I really loved the thriller here called "I Heard a Romantic Story". Diann
Xenos
After reading 583 pages from 29 authors in the Sandra Brown edited book "Love Is Murder", I had an epiphany...I don't like short stories. Correction: I don't like MOST short stories. Despite all the big name authors, I found very few of these stories reeled me in. There just wasn't enough time to establish the characters and develop a good, meaty plot. There were, however, a couple of standouts...

"Dying To Score" by Cindy Gerard (a Johnny and Tink story!)

"Spider's Tango" by William Simon

"Night H
John
Some great stories, some awful ones, and many that were too forgettable. The short story format is one where an author can take risks and is challenged to make something memorable in a short amount of time. Too many of the stories just blended together. The mixture of romantic suspense and suspense with romance threw me off a bit, too. I don't regret reading the anthology in the slightest, and it did give me a lot of good information as to which romantic suspense authors I may like to read and w ...more
Clay Stafford
From International Thriller Writers, a short story anthology from authors such as Lee Child, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Heather Graham, Allison Brennan, and more. These will pull at your heart: bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, men and women both in jeopardy, cops, thieves, P.I.s, and killers all in the midst of romance, love, or downright lust.
This should give you something to read for the next few days. Get in touch with these authors, learn about them, check out their other series, and
Proud Book Nerd
Love Is Murder is filled with a wide variety of romantic suspense stories by an amazing grouping of authors. Many of these authors I had heard of, but never read. And now I think I'll be making a point to read many of their books!
Dlytle
As with most anthologies, there is a wide range of quality among the stories. I didn't realize there was a genre classified as romantic suspense, and I personally prefer more suspense and less (or no) romance in my thrillers. With the short story approach, there wasn't really time to develop that suspense to the level where it becomes totally captivating. For my tastes this was really more of a two star book, but I've decided not to downgrade it just because I accidentally selected an anthology ...more
Anna

Review posted at Books to Brighten your Mood

This is a really good anthology! I'm not a really huge fan of anthologies, cause in most cases the weak stories are far more than the good ones but Thriller is a really good collection of short stories, especially if you take into consideration the fact that we are talking about something like 30 authors whose work is featured in this collection. That's really impressive to say the least!

Sandra Brown picked the authors and the stories that are featured
Shannon
The best thing about a book like this in my opinion is getting introduced to new authors! This anthology did not disappoint me in that department! The stories are all revolving somehow around a love (though at times the definition of “love” varies!) story and danger. What could be better, right? Here are my thoughts on just a few of the 30 stories in the book.

Lock Down by Andrea Kane ~ This was one of my favorite stories in the book. I think it is part of an ongoing series and if that is the cas
Darcy
This review is based only on the following stories.

Diamond Drop by Roxanne St. Clare - I like the Bullet Cather series, so was happy to see this short was about them. I thought the premise was an interesting one. I totally didn't see the twist coming at the end, it makes me wonder how Dominic was rewarded.

Lockdown by Andrea Kane - I can't imagine a wedding being interrupted like this. What makes it worse was who the bad guy was. Maybe had he found ambition before he wouldn't have been left behin
Wynn
Although Sandra Brown does not include a short story, she does write the forward as well as a brief comment at the beginning of each story. Linda Howard also writes a brief tribute to the late Beverly Barton who has one of the best suspense stories in the book titled "Poisoned". Love is Murder contains 29 short stories that include intrigue, mystery, suspense, romance, and adventure. Each short story contains only a few characters focusing on one event in a short amount of time with most providi ...more
I was prepared to not like this book as anthology books really don't interest me, but this one kept my interest, so much so I read it in one day! Overall it was a very engaging book. Most of the stories were typical 5 star fare I would expect from some of my favorite authors. But unfortunately there were a few stories I did not like at all, hence the 4 star rating. I did read most of the stories and the following is the individual rating for the stories I did read:

5 STARS: Dying To Score( My per
Bea
Ok, first of all, this book is 600+ pages long, and 570 of them are the stories. That is a BIG book, and I haven't finished all of the stories; I have been jumping around, picking which ones I want to read. For my review, I picked four stories; two of them are by authors I've read before and two of the authors are new to me. I initially received a digital galley of the book and the formatting was so bad, and confusing, that I gave up reading it. Happily, I also received a print galley and that w ...more
April
I really enjoyed all of the stories in Love is Murder. Let me tell you that is a RARE thing for me to say because I rarely read anthologies. I find short stories not very interesting - or TOO interesting - meaning once I get into the story POOF it's ending. I thought most of the stories were a great length, not too long, not too short. I loved the characters - such diversity!

The reason I accepted this particular anthology for review was because of the author line up - take a look and I doubt you
Arlena
by Sandra Brown (Goodreads Author) (Editor), Lee Child, Carla Neggers (Goodreads Author), Beverly Barton, Robert Gregory Browne (Goodreads Author), Pamela Callow (Goodreads Author), Jeff Ayers & Jon Land, William Bernhardt (Goodreads Author) , Bill Floyd, J.T. Ellison (Goodreads Author), Vicki Hinze (Goodreads Author), Julie Kenner (Goodreads Author), Sherrilyn Kenyon, Cindy Gerard, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber (Goodreads Author), Toni McGee Causey, Laura Griffin (Goodreads Author), Patricia Ro ...more
Kimberly
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4 out of 5
Original Review Link

“Diamond Drop” by Roxanne St. Claire
A mysterious woman in leather and heels. A diamond drop worth two million dollars. An unknown threat in a European rail station… It’s all in a day’s work for Bullet Catcher Donovan Rush. Donovan’s got an assignment to impress a new Bullet Catcher client and not even a siren in killer platforms can stop him.

“Diamond Drop” kicks off the LOVE IS MURDER anthology with a bang! Author Roxanne St. Claire has written a
Nancy S
Love is Murder contains 29 short stories that include intrigue, mystery, suspense, romance, and adventure. Each short story contains only a few characters focusing on one event in a short amount of time with most providing a satisfying if not excellent ending.

Love is Murder is a marketing tool used to get readers interested in new writers and to get readers to discover established writers that might be new to the reader. It is a smart move that they put Sandra Brown in big letters on the top of
Kimngan Tran
Holding mercy 1
Vacation interrupted 1
I heard a romantic story 1
Judith
Love is Murder by Sandra Brown is a huge book--over 700 pages in paperback. It was so thick that it was hard to hold.

The stories were very short; just a few pages long. There was no time for character or plot development. I only gave it 3 stars. I did not rate this product as high as one by Sandra Brown because it was not as interesting. Some of the stories were enjoyable and others did not capture my attention at all. It was disappointing.
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Love is Murder is a killer anthology (pun intended!) with stories written by some of today's best-selling authors. Included are stories by some of my favorite authors, such as Pamela Callow, Allison Brennan, Heather Graham, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, and Alexandra Sokoloff. As with any anthology, some stories are better than others, but all of them stand out in some way which makes this a very enjoyable collection. One of the best entries is 'Speechless' by Robert Browne, which will evoke your p ...more
Bob
Not every story in this collection is a 5. There are only a few really weak efforts, but there are many more fun pieces. These range from the very simple, ultra short, to truly excellent literary works. I have long been a fan of the short story, having learned many years ago that not everyone is up to the challenge, but they seem hard to find now. The emphasis is currently on the monumental, multiple volume series. Sorry, I just want the story to end, and lets move on. This book has a good enoug ...more
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • What You Can't See (Includes: Bullet Catcher novella; Seven Deadly Sins Prequel)
  • Pick Your Poison
  • Where There Is Evil
  • The Line Between Here and Gone (Forensic Instincts, #2)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Deadly Promises (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #4.5)
  • Titanic 2012
  • Lovesick
  • The Paradise Prophecy

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...

Bullet Catcher (10 books)
  • Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1)
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • Then You Hide (Bullet Catcher, #5)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Pick Your Poison