Start by marking “Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)

Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery #1)

Charity Greves has the gift of healing. So when a naked bleeding Highlander materializes out of the air into her kitchen, she does what any rational free-thinking herbalist under the same circumstances would do--she heals him. She didn’t expect to be drawn back to the 13th Century where a dangerous whacked-out witch holds the handsome Highlander captive.

Nor is she prepared
Paperback, 1, 182 pages
Published February 29th 2012 by Red Rover Books (first published February 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Sorcerer

Rules of Protection by Alison BlissFallen by Lauren KateLeopard Moon by Jeanette BattistaChosen by P.C. CastVampireville by Ellen Schreiber
COVER CLONES!
170th out of 396 books — 173 voters

More lists with this book...

Kimberly
I wanted to hesitate in putting a paranormal romance tag on this book. Only because it is so much more than that! I just finished this book and loved the whole story. I had been reading a few other books when I started this one and right from the get go this book took all my attention away from my other books and I had to read straight through this one. It was a fantastic read! You have a bit of everything in this from a hot Highland Sorcerer, to an evil witch bent on dominating everything and o ...more
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
3.5 stars. There is no sex in this book.
Rikki
Jan 02, 2015 Rikki rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Petula
Apr 03, 2015 Petula rated it it was amazing

A magical trip through time. Chastity is in her kitchen in Seattle, when a badly wounded, naked man suddenly appears. She is a healer, enchantress, but this man must have come trough a time rift for her help.
Toren is a sorcerer but his powers have been bound by a powerful witch, who wants his magic to add to her own. He manages to slip through time but is dragged back.
A real fun and magic filled story. With marvellous characters in both timelines. Our clever author has introduced us to a Clan of
Stella Wilkinson
Sweet Charity and rugged Toren, both almost too good to be true, but that's okay because this is a tender romance novella. Set both current day and in a medieval era where magic is still prevalent, the time switch is done well and the atmosphere was easily created. It was a very visual book that I could totally see translating well to big screen. My only criticism would be how merrily Charity went into the past, barely giving a thought to saying goodbye or anything to her loving family, I know s ...more
Jerrie Alexander
Apr 08, 2012 Jerrie Alexander rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn't love a book where a naked man repeatedly appeared in your kitchen? Well until they put a kilt on him. :)

Seriously, this is as naughty as the book gets. It's a nice, fun, easy read. And after I finished this book, I gave it to my thirteen-year-old grand daughter. She loved it! She said she laughed a few times and almost cried once. I don't do spoilers but we agreed that Ms. Autry creates great conflict and emotional charcters.
Haley Whitehall
Jan 28, 2015 Haley Whitehall rated it liked it
I'm being a little generous with the three star rating, but overall I did like this story even though it was poorly executed. As other reviewers have pointed out there really isn't much romance in this book. The little that is there is sweet, but even sweet romances have the hero and heroine together more so they can have feelings for and get to know each other. In this book the sorcerer hero is trapped in a castle by a witch and spends most of the book away from the heroine healer.

This story w
Tracie Berry
Interesting, fast, but underdeveloped.

This was an interesting tale, the language and action scenes kept me interested. I felt like some background information on the characters were lacking and the story jumps from high action to a few months later and the end.
jD
This long novella was much more enjoyable than I expected, a very pleasant surprise indeed. There is quite a bit going on here in this series launch.

The characters popped off the page for such a condense story. Charity Greves is the heroine and I liked her quite a bit. She was a modern woman who already knew about magic and embraced it. So there were not five or six chapters of her telling herself that nothing was real. The hero is Toren Limont. He is being held by an evil witch that wants to st
Kelly
Apr 26, 2016 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book, I couldn't put it down! I loved the romance, the "love at first sight", the risk she took to save this man she loved when she didn't know anything about him. I read the excerpt at the end for the next book in the series, and I'm hooked. I want to read all about the other siblings in the next books. When I'm able to, I'm definitely going to purchase the other books in this series.
Purchased free on Amazon
Tammy
May 02, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it
This is a quick read book but a good story. The cliffhanger at the end is killing me though. My only complaint is that the H and h didn't really get to develop as deeply as I would have liked. They meet in the beginning of the book, had a brief encounter, met again VERY briefly in a single dream and they don't see each other again until nearly the end of the book. The rest of the book involves the heroine and the hero's family trying to rescue the hero. The rescue finally takes place near the en ...more
Erin Brooks
Mar 22, 2015 Erin Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time troubles

Charity never expected to see a man from the past in her . . . And then he leaves with nothing but a . . .

Moran is a powerful sorcerer on his last legs that needed hope, which he . . .

Magic disappeared in the world and then it came back with force when she . . . And ended up being . . .then suspicion cause . . . Finally she saves . . . But loses . . .

Enjoy!!
Scribs
Feb 20, 2014 Scribs rated it liked it
I downloaded a sample of this book on a whim...a recommendation from a fellow book lover. I had no expectations, and as a result, I kind of enjoyed it. I wish there had been a lot more--more world building with the fantasy, more than insta-love with the main character, and a little bit more editing. There were a lot of cliches. Still, it was a fast, enjoyable read.
Gabbyhoffman
Aug 29, 2016 Gabbyhoffman rated it really liked it
A great book about time-travel, friendship, and determination. Can a woman's love for a man be enough to travel though time to save him? Can a family's love for each other be enough to save magic?
This book made me want to keep reading the series to find out more about the magical world she has created.
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
Dec 03, 2014 *TheWrittenWord*Mo rated it really liked it
Aaaaaah Highland Time Travel Romance stories!!! and this one has magic too!!! ooooh I am loving this. :P and at the end, I saw where that was going and I want to read their stories now too!!
Jean Carlos
Aug 12, 2015 Jean Carlos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Can't wait to start the next one!

Yes, this is a romance. But it is a classic romance with sweetness and adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.
Englishrose
Jun 25, 2012 Englishrose rated it really liked it
Although not the best writing, this story is captivating and exciting enough to draw you in. The excitement and intensity of the storyline is almost addictive. A short read, it packs a lot of information and action while not bogging you down too much. Charity is a strong character driven by both her connection to Toren and her innate need to heal. Toren has the weight of the world on his shoulders and is torn between what he needs to do and what he wants. Their romance is deep and simple at the ...more
Kerry
Aug 24, 2015 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Delightful story line, great characters and one grand adventure. Well worth the read and looking forward to reading the rest of the series
Booksmacked Chom
Mar 30, 2015 Booksmacked Chom rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have mixed feelings about this book.
I'm feeling the "do I really have to read three more books!?"
And I don't usually say that with great books.
Ms Lady Jones
Jun 29, 2015 Ms Lady Jones rated it it was ok
This book was not bad but the story was slow.the love match was almost not there and they lost more than they won
Jenika Ioffreda
Dec 01, 2015 Jenika Ioffreda rated it liked it
An interesting time travel story, well written, with a cool heroine and an engaging romance.
Michelle
Not bad.

A quick easy read with a unique storyline. I will be reading the rest of the series to see how it all ends up.
Kelly
May 05, 2014 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: give-away-books
Pretty good... received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Tanya
This is a very fast paced novella. The start of a new series. Charity is a healer. A time rift opens in her kitchen , and a beautiful but badly beaten highlander sorcerer falls onto her floor. As a healer it is her duty to heal this man, they have a connection as soon as she touches him. In his memory's she finds out he is being held by a evil witch several centuries in the past in the past. She feels compelled .... she uses a spell to go back in time and help free him,,,,,,
This is the first of
Ella Rose Brunton
Mar 26, 2016 Ella Rose Brunton rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable. Loved the way that they meet, very original.
Julia
Nov 02, 2015 Julia rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!! I can not wait to read the rest of the series!!!
Julia Hill
Nov 02, 2015 Julia Hill rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!!!!
Angela Sizemore
Sep 12, 2015 Angela Sizemore rated it it was amazing
great read looking forward to more...
Courteney
Apr 08, 2012 Courteney rated it it was amazing
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Charity is a healer. One day she unexpectedly gets a Highland visitor in her kitchen. Toren comes from hundreds of years ago. He is enslaved by a witch who wishs to combine their two powers and make all magic dark. He travels to the future to get healed by Charity. She must make the choice of healing him or going back in time to help free him from the witch. If she can free him. This story is full of wit and will have you laughing constantly. It keep
Deb
Mar 01, 2015 Deb rated it it was ok
Just not my type of book.
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Immortal of My Heart (Immortal Series, #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Silent Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Released (The MacKays #1)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)
  • A Laird for all Time
  • A Highlander In Her Past (MacKay Clan, #3)
I'm just a regular gal who happens to have crazy characters running through my head. I love reading, writing, basically anything to do with stories. I'd walk around in a story daze all day long if I could get away with it. My first book Upon Eagle's Light, was published in March of 07 and I'm still living in the I-can't-believe-it zone.

More about Clover Autrey...

Highland Sorcery (8 books)
  • The Vampire And The Highland Empath (Highland Sorcery, #2)
  • Highland Shapeshifter (Highland Sorcery #3)
  • Highland Moon Sifter (Highland Sorcery, #4)
  • A Highland Sorcery Christmas (Highland Sorcery, #5)
  • Highland Son (Highland Sorcery, #6)
  • Highland Illusion (Highland Sorcery, #7)
  • Highland Soldier (Highland Sorcery Book 8)