Start by marking “Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)

Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery #1)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Charity Greves has the gift of healing. So when a naked bleeding Highlander materializes out of the air into her kitchen, she does what any rational free-thinking herbalist under the same circumstances would do--she heals him. She didn’t expect to be drawn back to the 13th Century where a dangerous whacked-out witch holds the handsome Highlander captive.

Nor is she prepared
Paperback, 1, 182 pages
Published February 29th 2012 by Red Rover Books (first published February 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Sorcerer

Kimberly
I wanted to hesitate in putting a paranormal romance tag on this book. Only because it is so much more than that! I just finished this book and loved the whole story. I had been reading a few other books when I started this one and right from the get go this book took all my attention away from my other books and I had to read straight through this one. It was a fantastic read! You have a bit of everything in this from a hot Highland Sorcerer, to an evil witch bent on dominating everything and o ...more
Rikki
Stella Wilkinson
Sweet Charity and rugged Toren, both almost too good to be true, but that's okay because this is a tender romance novella. Set both current day and in a medieval era where magic is still prevalent, the time switch is done well and the atmosphere was easily created. It was a very visual book that I could totally see translating well to big screen. My only criticism would be how merrily Charity went into the past, barely giving a thought to saying goodbye or anything to her loving family, I know s ...more
Jerrie Alexander
Who wouldn't love a book where a naked man repeatedly appeared in your kitchen? Well until they put a kilt on him. :)

Seriously, this is as naughty as the book gets. It's a nice, fun, easy read. And after I finished this book, I gave it to my thirteen-year-old grand daughter. She loved it! She said she laughed a few times and almost cried once. I don't do spoilers but we agreed that Ms. Autry creates great conflict and emotional charcters.
Haley Whitehall
I'm being a little generous with the three star rating, but overall I did like this story even though it was poorly executed. As other reviewers have pointed out there really isn't much romance in this book. The little that is there is sweet, but even sweet romances have the hero and heroine together more so they can have feelings for and get to know each other. In this book the sorcerer hero is trapped in a castle by a witch and spends most of the book away from the heroine healer.

This story w
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
3.5 stars. There is no sex in this book.
jD
This long novella was much more enjoyable than I expected, a very pleasant surprise indeed. There is quite a bit going on here in this series launch.

The characters popped off the page for such a condense story. Charity Greves is the heroine and I liked her quite a bit. She was a modern woman who already knew about magic and embraced it. So there were not five or six chapters of her telling herself that nothing was real. The hero is Toren Limont. He is being held by an evil witch that wants to st
Tammy
This is a quick read book but a good story. The cliffhanger at the end is killing me though. My only complaint is that the H and h didn't really get to develop as deeply as I would have liked. They meet in the beginning of the book, had a brief encounter, met again VERY briefly in a single dream and they don't see each other again until nearly the end of the book. The rest of the book involves the heroine and the hero's family trying to rescue the hero. The rescue finally takes place near the en ...more
Erin Brooks
Time troubles

Charity never expected to see a man from the past in her . . . And then he leaves with nothing but a . . .

Moran is a powerful sorcerer on his last legs that needed hope, which he . . .

Magic disappeared in the world and then it came back with force when she . . . And ended up being . . .then suspicion cause . . . Finally she saves . . . But loses . . .

Enjoy!!
Scribs
I downloaded a sample of this book on a whim...a recommendation from a fellow book lover. I had no expectations, and as a result, I kind of enjoyed it. I wish there had been a lot more--more world building with the fantasy, more than insta-love with the main character, and a little bit more editing. There were a lot of cliches. Still, it was a fast, enjoyable read.
C. Erani Kole
The first half was amazing with their story, but it was distracted by circumstances and so my attention wandered off a bit. Overall good read, as the characters were fun to watch interact with each other.
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
Aaaaaah Highland Time Travel Romance stories!!! and this one has magic too!!! ooooh I am loving this. :P and at the end, I saw where that was going and I want to read their stories now too!!
Englishrose
Although not the best writing, this story is captivating and exciting enough to draw you in. The excitement and intensity of the storyline is almost addictive. A short read, it packs a lot of information and action while not bogging you down too much. Charity is a strong character driven by both her connection to Toren and her innate need to heal. Toren has the weight of the world on his shoulders and is torn between what he needs to do and what he wants. Their romance is deep and simple at the ...more
Ch
I have mixed feelings about this book.
I'm feeling the "do I really have to read three more books!?"
And I don't usually say that with great books.
Ms Lady Jones
This book was not bad but the story was slow.the love match was almost not there and they lost more than they won
Kelly
Pretty good... received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Tanya
This is a very fast paced novella. The start of a new series. Charity is a healer. A time rift opens in her kitchen , and a beautiful but badly beaten highlander sorcerer falls onto her floor. As a healer it is her duty to heal this man, they have a connection as soon as she touches him. In his memory's she finds out he is being held by a evil witch several centuries in the past in the past. She feels compelled .... she uses a spell to go back in time and help free him,,,,,,
This is the first of
Petula

A magical trip through time. Chastity is in her kitchen in Seattle, when a badly wounded, naked man suddenly appears. She is a healer, enchantress, but this man must have come trough a time rift for her help.
Toren is a sorcerer but his powers have been bound by a powerful witch, who wants his magic to add to her own. He manages to slip through time but is dragged back.
A real fun and magic filled story. With marvellous characters in both timelines. Our clever author has introduced us to a Clan of
Allyson Faith
A super-quick read, really best aimed at teenage readers, but fun.
Courteney
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Charity is a healer. One day she unexpectedly gets a Highland visitor in her kitchen. Toren comes from hundreds of years ago. He is enslaved by a witch who wishs to combine their two powers and make all magic dark. He travels to the future to get healed by Charity. She must make the choice of healing him or going back in time to help free him from the witch. If she can free him. This story is full of wit and will have you laughing constantly. It keep
Deb
Just not my type of book.
Velvetink
Jun 18, 2015 Velvetink marked it as to-read
kindle
Laurie Bongiorno
I read this in the Swept Through Time: 7 Bestselling Time Travel Treasures for .99. Great buy.. fun light romantic reads:) I think I bought this at one time for .99 alone, kinda a bummer it is now part of a set for .99. I was disappointed when I read this one the first time - I thought it could have been better and I got to say when rereading this as part of the group... I lost interest:/ Still good, but should have been better.
Jessica Lively
this book was very interesting as in time travel and love.
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Erina
Not bad for a novella. Quick, easy read. Interesting world and rules of magic. Thankfully a rated PG romance. Bought this very very cheap on Amazon & it was worth what I paid but would have been mad if I paid a penny more.
Cailin
Really like the story. Must read more now. The cover looks like it is a romance novel that might be a little sexual, but that is not the case. It is just a romantic story. Enjoted it and glad I ran across this book.
Faye Dewell
I really enjoyed this book until the end. The ending was too easy and the love bit was too convenient. And I find that sad because apart from the weak ending, the book was actually quite fun and enjoyable.
Savanna Grey
Provoked intense emotion waiting to see if Charity and Toren would find their way back to one another. Left me wanting more at the end.
Samantha
I love how the plot seemed rushed but then sort of whisked you into another conflict. That's great. I really liked it.
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
  • Released (The MacKays #1)
  • Warrior's Redemption (Warrior, #1)
  • A Laird for All Time
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Immortal of My Dreams (Immortal Series, #1)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • Prince in the Mist (Legend, #0.5)
  • Highland Stone
I'm just a regular gal who happens to have crazy characters running through my head. I love reading, writing, basically anything to do with stories. I'd walk around in a story daze all day long if I could get away with it. My first book Upon Eagle's Light, was published in March of 07 and I'm still living in the I-can't-believe-it zone.

More about Clover Autrey...

Highland Sorcery (4 books)
  • The Vampire And The Highland Empath (Highland Sorcery, #2)
  • Highland Shapeshifter (Highland Sorcery #3)
  • Highland Moon Sifter (Highland Sorcery, #4)
The Vampire And The Highland Empath (Highland Sorcery, #2) Highland Shapeshifter (Highland Sorcery #3) Highland Moon Sifter (Highland Sorcery, #4) Fallen Warrior Upon Eagle's Light