Start by marking “Healthy in a Hurry” as Want to Read:
Healthy in a Hurry

Healthy in a Hurry

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Everyone is looking for ways to fit wholesome, good-for-you meals into their busy schedules. This solution-oriented cookbook shows you how to make the most of over 30 superfoods—from avocados to berries to whole grains—with recipes for delicious dishes made with fresh ingredients that you can prepare any time of the day. Organized by course—including breakfast, starters an ...more
Published 2012 by Weldon Owen

To ask other readers questions about Healthy in a Hurry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healthy in a Hurry

I reviewed this for the publisher through Netgalley.

First, let me say that I was impressed with vegetable and preparation definitions, uses etc. that the author has laid out in detail. The recipes were fresh and used alot of veggies which I always love. She backed them up detailed nutritional information which was incredibly helpful. Furthermore, she offered suggestions regarding making the recipes even healthier.

The criticism that I have for the book doesn't focus on the writing of the book b
I have been trying to find recipes lately that I could make for my family that are healthier and do not take a lot of time. I thought this book would be perfect for me to try out. I was really impressed with the beautiful pictures that were in the book that showed each recipe, I was hungry just looking through it.

The book begins with a discussion about how to eat healthier and gives a great list of superfoods, tips for buying them, and how to store them. The book then gives recipes in different
Vidya Tiru
Healthy in a hurry – Recipes ranging from appetizers to desserts covering all the meals of the day, loads of tips, and the appetizing photos accompanying them make this book a great read.
Eye popping photographs that tempt you to eat right out of the pages, menu ideas, tips to get the most out of your shopping, cooking, and more- this book has it all. And to top it all, the recipes all include super foods which make them healthy as well. What more can I ask for?
This book is wonderful, chockfull
Vidya Tiru

This book is wonderful, chockfull of tips, information,
E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn

I’m terrible when it comes to follow rules and I almost never make the right decision when it comes to pick my lunch or dinner and snacks. I follow my stomach and that’s not very wise. I work from 6am to 6pm and I have school till 10pm, so when I come home I’m totally spent and have no energy to make a decent meal. That was my main reason to pick up this book. It delivers what it promises; the recipes are fast and healthy. This book has many good recipes and the pics really make my mouth waters.
This is a great book for all those health conscious people out there, who are strapped for time. There is a wide selection of recipes here and they seem pretty easy to make. This book is not only a collection of recipes but also contains a lot of useful tips and information including a guide to superfoods, which you should try to incorporate into your meals to gain a balanced and healthy diet.

Also, the extra little touches are perfect. I loved the fact that each recipe comes complete with its nu
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Interested in what fruits and veggies are the healthiest? Been to the doctor and they suggested a trip to the dietitian for healthy eating and a change to your lifestyle? Frustrated because it seems the food has to be fresh and takes so much time to prepare? If you answered yes to even a couple of these questions, this book is for you.

Healthy in a Hurry caught my eye from the very first page. The pictures of the fruit are beautifully done. They pop out of the page and look luscious. The informat
There never seems to be enough time in the day to do everything that we want to do and that can include making good, healthy and tasty food. It is often just too easy to fetch take-out, to heat up processed food or just rely on quick and easy-to-make meals.

Healthy in a Hurry sets out to show how you can eat well and healthily without it taking a large chunk out of your pressed timetable. What is more, you need not feel that you are "imprisoned" in a health farm either. There is a variety of choi
Sara Thompson
The problem with cookbooks is they are very subjective. There’s nothing particularly wrong with this book – the pictures are engaging and the recipes are interesting but they didn’t do anything for me. The recipes were far too simplistic and would not satisfy my family. I liked the idea of the book.

This would be perfect for someone just leaving home or for someone who has just started using healthier foods. This is not a family cookbook. Many of the recipes do not make substantial meals – lots o
This book is a dream. The recipes look like something that I would love to try, and I plan on making many of them this summer. The recipes are simple and the ingredient lists don’t look like I will have to run to a million different stores to find everything. The tips in this book are helpful, early in the book there is a page that gives you ideas for eating healthy every day. Like going easy on salt, eating color, go for lean protein. I think if you are looking for a new cook book dedicated to ...more
Maybe these recipes appeal to some, but they felt sterotypical to me, no inspiration.
Jul 17, 2014 S rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: cookbooks
This is another lovely cookbook from Williams-Sonoma. As always, the photographs look scrumptious and the recipes are easy to follow. It would probably be great for someone learning to cook or just heading out on their own to live. For anyone with a family, you will have to adjust the recipes to make a larger amount.

I received a copy of this book to peruse through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
another great cookbook from Williams-Sonoma...lovely graphical layout and the section on ingredients at the beginning is helpful and informative, as well as being set off on its own for easy reference, always a big plus....

the recipes are easy enough for the novice cook and make the concept of healthier eating both appealing and approachable and i like the organization of the content that makes it easy to move to whatever sort of treat you are craving and looking to create....

bravo! and and easy
This is a great cookbook - I intend to buy copies to give as gifts. I love that the author is a Registered Dietitian and that the recipes consist of whole foods with lots of plant ingredients. The photographs are stunning and only entice me to want to make the recipe immediately!

Disclosure: This book was provided to me by the publisher. The rating, review, and all opinions are my own.
This was a NetGalley book that had healthy recipes and tips for meals throughout the day. Most of the recipe ingredients are easily found. I will have to try some of the recipes. This is a good addition to the Williams- Sonoma line of books and will interest most people into healthy eating who are strapped for time.
Alexander Petkovski
Another great cookbook.
It has many recipes which can be prepared in no time, but at the same time you can succeed in taking care of your healthy eating.
This is a must-have for every passionate cooker.
Wonderful library cookbook that I will need to purchase! My daughter and I looked through every page together and we're planning on trying out several recipes.
Jennifer S. Rubin
Jennifer S. Rubin marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
booklearner marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Treehouse marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Tracie Runnels
Tracie Runnels marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Shelly Johnson
Shelly Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Linda K Kau
Linda K Kau marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Jan Ansie
Jan Ansie marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Fabienne D
Fabienne D marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
  • Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • Baked Doughnuts For Everyone: From Sweet to Savory to Everything in Between, 101 Delicious Recipes, All Gluten-Free
  • Nutella: The 30 best recipes
  • The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Amazing Ingredient Flavor Combinations (Reprint of The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors)
  • Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: 100+ Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes
  • Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just for You: More than 100 Delicious One-Pot Meals for Your 1.5-Quart/Litre Slow Cooker
  • Pies and Tarts with Heart: Expert Pie-Building Techniques for 60+ Sweet and Savory Vegan Pies
  • Moosewood Restaurant Favorites: The 250 Most-Requested, Naturally Delicious Recipes from One of America's Best-Loved Restaurants
  • Icing Only
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
  • The Essential Cake Boss: Recipes & Techniques You Absolutely Have to Know to Bake Like the Boss
  • Kitchen Workshop-Pizza: Hands-on Cooking Lessons for Making Amazing Pizza at Home
  • Haute Dogs: Recipes for Delicious Hot Dogs, Buns, and Condiments
  • Trophy Cupcakes and Parties!: Deliciously Fun Party Ideas and Recipes from Seattle's Prize-Winning Cupcake Bakery
  • Homemade Doughnuts: Techniques and Recipes for Making Sublime Doughnuts in Your Home Kitchen
  • Home-Cooked Vegan Comfort Food: More Than 200 Belly-Filling, Lip-Smacking Recipes
  • Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes, and Desserts for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix
  • The Rawvolution Continues: The Living Foods Movement in 150 Natural and Delicious Recipes