Start by marking “Les Bijoux, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Les Bijoux, Volume 1

Les Bijoux, Volume 1 (Les Bijoux #1)

Lapis, the cursed son of a hunchback and a dwarf, lives in a world divided into 12 independent mine states ruled by a higher class called the Habits. The Habits use the enslaved lower class, the Spars, as their labour power in the mines. However, an ancient prophecy foretells that there will be a chosen one who'll overthrow the ruling class and bring fortune back to the la ...more
Published February 10th 2004 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Les Bijoux, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Bijoux, Volume 1

Kim Dyer
Dec 24, 2016 Kim Dyer rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-comics
There was really nothing about this manwha that I found appearing. The characters were shallow and lacked solid motivation or development, the art was often ugly and its style made action sequences hard to follow, and the plot was poorly explained and didn't really seem to get anywhere in this trade.

While I'm not against its concept, I felt as though it was very poorly executed. There's no real indication of why Lapis has such a destiny or why he is "cursed" in the way that he is. There's no exp
Cornerofmadness
Jul 06, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Leila Anani
This series is like the goth fantasy version of Ranma 1/2. It's Korean rather than Japanese and you can tell by the softer lines and simply beautiful artwork that is so typical of Korean titles. We have Lapis- Lazulai, child of a dwarf and a hunchback who switches between male and female. The female Lazulai catches the eye of cruel prince Diamond, whilst when in her male persona Lapis, he provokes Diamond into slaughtering his parents. Diamond is totally unaware that he's just killed the parents ...more
planetkimi
May 01, 2008 planetkimi rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shoujo
Park Sang-Sun's art is breathtaking, as I expected from reading The Tarot Cafe. I do think that the art in Tarot is more refined, which makes sense since I think Les Bijoux was published first.

And about volume 1 of Les Bijoux - it's epic in scale, but not in execution. It even includes footnotes that apologize for tossing so much stuff in the first volume! Um, don't apologize, use exposition and pacing to make the apology unnecessary. Jeez.

And why in the world are the oppressive nobles called "t
Kitty Holmes
Dec 05, 2015 Kitty Holmes rated it liked it
[Reseña Global 5/5]

Placer culpable con todas las de la ley. Su trama de fantasía no es lo que engancha sino sus historias de amor. Todas tienen su interés morboso, ya que en la gran mayoría los personajes se odian, se engañan, se traicionan... vamos, que también tira por el rollo telenovelesco.

LO QUE MÁS: Desde la primera hoja a la última engancha como pocos.

LO QUE MENOS: No hay que intentar buscarles lógica a las relaciones que surgen porque la verdad es que no tienen ninguna xD
Lauriina
Feb 23, 2015 Lauriina rated it it was ok
Shelves: lukupiiri, bd
Tätä on vähän vaikea arvioida, kun kirja on niin erilainen kuin mikään mihin on tottunut. Ensimmäinen kerta kun luen tämän tyyppistä sarjakuvaa, mutta jos lukisi enemmän niin saisi varmaan enemmän irti vivahteista ja yksityiskohdista. Mustavalkoisuus toimi miulle, mutta kieli vaikutti kököltä ja teennäiseltä.
M Strawberry Reviews
Nov 13, 2012 M Strawberry Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
This manga is a bit weird, and will not suit everyone's tastes. It's set in this kind of alternate reality history, and the artwork is really beautiful. Our protagonist is a male who at times (without his control) becomes a female, and it is this female form that captures the interest (and desire) of one of this series' main antagonists.
Tamara
Aug 19, 2014 Tamara rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites; I love the way the writer wove gem lore into the story and the illustrations are gorgeous!!
Emmy Lou
The art was great, but I don't know what the flapjack is going on. I'll try volume 2, just to see if I can figure things out.
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Jayy
Jayy rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2011
Linzie
Linzie rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
Cortney
Cortney rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Stiina
Stiina rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2011
Caroline Berg
Caroline Berg rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2012
Plum Coyle
Plum Coyle rated it did not like it
May 03, 2016
Clara
Clara rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2009
Lenny
Lenny rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2009
Tsunaly
Tsunaly rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Агата
Агата rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Kate Chalman
Kate Chalman rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2012
cactusrose2004
cactusrose2004 rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2008
Surisija
Surisija rated it really liked it
May 23, 2013
Teruko
Teruko rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Kitty
Kitty rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Ramona Thorndale
Ramona Thorndale rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Anu
Anu rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Julie Luther
Julie Luther rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Francisco Vega
Francisco Vega rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2015