Start by marking “İlkdoğan (Dragonlance: Elf Ulusları #1)” as Want to Read:
İlkdoğan (Dragonlance: Elf Ulusları #1)

İlkdoğan (Dragonlance: Elven Nations #1)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  3,914 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Firstborn, the first title in The Elven Nations trilogy, was initially released in mass market format in 1991, and it documented the ancient rise of the elven races in the Dragonlance world.
Published October 2011 by Laika Yayıncılık (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about İlkdoğan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about İlkdoğan

William Clemens
I read a lot of Dragonlance titles in Middle/High school, and this was the series that I remembered as being one of my favorites. I was, unfortunately, disappointed in revisiting this title.

The best parts of the book take place in the wild forests, but the action in the cities is so soap opera-ish that it was hard to take.

I may read the rest of the series, but I might prefer to hold my memories of these books being good and not ruin the rest.
Jay Szpirs
Jan 15, 2016 Jay Szpirs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Shades of G R Martin in Hermathya's turn from brat to outright manipulator. Her scenes with Kith in the garden and Sithas in the temple were well contrasted and give her a believable if hurried arc. The temple scene is particularly tense and atmospheric. Kith's turn as statesman is a bit mary-sue but forgivable in light of his foreshadowed role and the well wrought reactions of the other characters. The procession of the Wildrunners was a powerful moment marrying the tension between the twins (a ...more
Roberta
Dec 13, 2016 Roberta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questo genere di fantasy non lo scrivono più, purtroppo.
Ho amato il libro, nonostante la mia antipatia verso la razza elfica e la sua arroganza e altezzosità.
L'unica pecca è che i volumi di Dragonlance sono difficili da reperire, quindi non posso neanche soddisfare la mia curiosità con il prossimo libro
Christina
Apr 27, 2008 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of the twin sons of the Speaker of the Stars in Silvanesti begins with a prophecy - a prophecy that they will both wear crowns which seems impossible, since there's only one crown available in Silvanesti.
The story takes off when the Speaker announces that the eldest of the twins are ready for marriage - and as his future wife chooses the younger twin's lover. This causes the younger twin to make a scene at court and ultimately, to disappear from the city and go to live in the woods whe
Lana
Apr 06, 2016 Lana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed every line in this book, love the way Paul Thompson writes about the elves as I love elves and the way their lives are so close to nature!! Enjoyed reading about kith-kanan, he is a very lovable character and his griffon arcuballis is awesome but am not very keen on his twin and his love for war!! pity its the twin who becomes the next speaker of the stars and not kith-kanan. His adventure in the wildwoods, his meeting with Anaya and the boy and the friendship, love and respect for one a ...more
Tim
Jul 28, 2011 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
copy-pasted from my Librarything account: Reads quite smoothly. Great to see how two brothers are separated, each leading a different life: one out in the forest, learning to surive and be one with nature; the other surrounded by rules, regulations, family, servants, richness and more. The sheer contrast alone is makes this a very fine story. Also how to deal with other nations, how to find an agreement and so on. This book has it all: love, friendship, deceit, politics, justice, ... One remark, ...more
Jim C
Jan 02, 2013 Jim C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a trilogy set in the world of Dragonlance. Being a first book, it deals with mostly development of the characters and the plot. There are not many action scenes and the book's pace is a little slow. That being said, the author's have done a fantastic job with the plot theme and the characters. I can see one of the main characters (Kith-Kanan) becoming a favorite of mine in this realm. I did not expect the surprise at the end and the cliffhanger will leave you wanting to ...more
Usfromdk
At the point in time where I read the Dragonlance books I believe it was more important that I read something than what I more specifically happened to read. These books, including this one, aren't very good and I'm sure I'd hate to reread them today; but they were entertaining enough at that point to have a young teenage boy decide to spend a lot of time reading. This fact makes it hard for me to dislike them, even though if I were to reread them now I'd probably think they're crap.
Lawrence L
Aug 02, 2008 Lawrence L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have read the first two Dragonlance trilogies (and even if you haven't), you have to pick up this first book of the Elven Nations Trilogy. One of the original species on the world of Krynn and also one of the longest living, the elves have a long and interesting history. Get carried into the world of the elves in this trilogy. It will be a journey well worth the time spent in the forest nation.
Philana Walker
Mar 05, 2009 Philana Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adolescent-bliss
The elves are supposed to be so much better than humans and other creatures of Krynn, but we all know they are just as if not more flawed because of their self-proclaimed perfection. A father dies and brothers battle for the right to reign, but the elves are who really suffer in the end.
Jasmyn
The first in a series of books that shows how the various elven nations were divided by what comes down to a sibling rivalry and disagreement. A good book for those interested in the elves of DragonLance.
David
Apr 18, 2010 David marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I think I'm giving up on this book. 120 pages in and the characters and plot just aren't interesting me. And given it's a trilogy, I can't see myself going the entire distance. I'm only clicking "Read" to differentiate it from "currently reading." Wish there was a "stopped reading" button.
Scott Cook
It was a long time ago that I read this book so I don't remember too much about it but I do remember thinking the book was average.
Petabyte
Aug 05, 2007 Petabyte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibliophilo, fantasy
One book that gets better with age. Loved it the first time I read it (and the two other books) and every year or so I'll dust them off the shelves and read the entire thing again.
Erick
Nov 18, 2013 Erick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Overall, a very quick and interesting read. It did slow down towards the middle, but given that this is the first book in a trilogy, some foundation is required. Next, the Kinslayer Wars!
Kyle K
Aug 24, 2015 Kyle K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kith-Kanan flees the capital as his brother Sithas is set to marry Hermathya, Kith-Kanan's secret love. While the Prince is in self imposed exile, he finds a new family and a threat from the West.
Tara Calaby
I was never a reader of epic fantasy... and then I discovered the Dragonlance books and never looked back.
Dale
Dale rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Can Tibet
Can Tibet rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Opal Little
Opal Little rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015
Christopher Robin
Christopher Robin rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Denise Homer
Denise Homer rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Geoff Forster
Geoff Forster rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Clayton Conduff
Clayton Conduff rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2011
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Kleek
Kleek rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Matthew Smithwick
Matthew Smithwick rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Julie England
Julie England rated it liked it
May 28, 2011
Eric Sutton
Eric Sutton rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
  • The Kinslayer Wars (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #2)
  • The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
  • The Seventh Sentinel (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #3)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Lord Toede (Dragonlance: Villains #5)
  • City of the Lost (Dragonlance: Linsha, #1)
  • Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1)
  • Draconian Measures (Dragonlance: Kang's Regiment, #2)
  • The Cataclysm (Dragonlance: Tales II, #2)
  • Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3)

Dragonlance: Elven Nations (3 books)
  • The Kinslayer Wars (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #2)
  • The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3)