Start by marking “What Ever Happened to Jan Phillips?” as Want to Read:
What Ever Happened to Jan Phillips?

What Ever Happened to Jan Phillips? (Jan Phillips #4)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Eighteen-year-old Jan Phillips is down and out, hustling johns in Philadelphia’s Tenderloin District, when he catches the eye of Tim Morris, a powerful lawyer with ties to a secret organization. Against his better judgment, Jan is soon caught up in a web of intrigue that will change his life forever—or end it prematurely.

It’s 4:00 a.m., and the phone is ringing. Waking fro
Published March 16th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about What Ever Happened to Jan Phillips?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Ever Happened to Jan Phillips?

Lady*M

First, the cover for this book is one of the best I have seen in this publishing niche. I'm sure it will top any Best Cover list this year. Well done, Ms. Cain!

Second, this book contains two stories, previously published separately and my rating is for the first story - Bought and Paid For - alone. At this point, I don't know if or when I'll read the second one. If that happens, I'll revise my rating accordingly.

The additional half star is for overall competent writing. The story itself
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This is what a friend had to say and it's something that would really upset me, too:
"No, what made me so angry was the "loving" relationship between Tim and Jan. The idea of an older man buying and grooming younger man for the better and brighter future isn't a new one. The buying though in this book was literal and the grooming consisted of sexual and psychological abuse. We were told Tim saw Jan as his opportunity of atonement. He did it by reenacting his own abuse with Jan as his victim. The
Shira Anthony
An intelligent and addicting story, and not your run of the mill M/M rom, by any means. Mr. Halfhill has created a poignant character in Jan Phillips, a kid from the wrong side of the tracks who ends up in the middle of an international intrigue that will have you guessing throughout.

(view spoiler)
Anders
4.5 stars. I enjoyed this book and especially the character of Jan. He's such a mess, and it's not really his fault. He gets kicked out of his house because his mother can't afford to feed him, ends up on the street, and is "rescued" by Tim. The relationship between Jan and Tim is definitely on the edge of dubcon and noncon, although Jan really comes to love Tim, in spite of Tim's cruelty.

The book is really two books in one, and in the second book, Jan gets caught up in an international intrigue
Smith Barney
I never did find out WTF happened to Jan thanks to my ADD-proportioned-noggin getting sidetracked by something shiny in my peripheral vision (another book)..and so the story of my slutty reading ways goes.

Shelving ATM because sometimes I do lovingly pick back up a book where I left off even if it's when I get around to it.
Nightcolors
I agree with another reviewer who said this book was strange. This is a tough book to rate. I'm giving it three stars, because I didn't dislike it, but I'm not sure if I can say I wholly liked it either. There were moments when it was only okay to moments when it was kinda impressive.
Kristy Maitz
I have to say its strange book. Plot is full and a lot is happening but romance is very low. I somehow lost interest true the book so I went true it just with red line.
Anke
Apr 28, 2013 Anke marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This has been on my TBR for quite some time - until this week.
Amber
Amber added it
May 13, 2015
FictionVixen
FictionVixen marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Jan 26, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
JRayflo
JRayflo marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee added it
May 07, 2013
Haluan
Haluan marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Mar 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Jan Phillips (4 books)
  • Bought and Paid For: A Jan Phillips Novel
  • Sons (Jan Phillips, #2)
  • Scimitar: A Jan Phillips Novel
Two Hearts Two Spirits Bought and Paid For: A Jan Phillips Novel Sons (Jan Phillips, #2) Scimitar: A Jan Phillips Novel