Start by marking “Fractured (Slated, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fractured (Slated, #2)

Fractured (Slated #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  5,529 ratings  ·  621 reviews
Kyla shouldn't be able to remember anything. But she can - and she's beginning to realize that there are a lot of dark secrets locked away in her memories. When a mysterious man from her past comes back into her life, she thinks she's on her way to finding the truth. But the more she learns about her history, the more confusing her future becomes.
Published April 4th 2013 by Orchard Books (first published January 1st 2013)

Undone by Cat ClarkeLegacy by C.J. DaughertyAcid by Emma PassDeadly to Love by Mia HoddellGeek Girl by Holly Smale
UK YA in 2013
7th out of 165 books — 322 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
239th out of 1,520 books — 10,592 voters

More lists with this book...

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Fractured doesn’t suffer from the dreaded middle book syndrome, not in the least. If anything, the stakes are higher, the plot more complicated and the characters better developed. It is a tense read, a thrill ride from start to finish. There were times when I was genuinely afraid for Kyla, even though the rational part of me insisted that nothing too terrible could happen to her.

Most of the anxiety I experienced was caused by Nico, an important person from Kyla’s past. Even when she didn’t kno
Renu
"With what I did yesterday, I should be dead: zapped by the chip they put in my brain when I was Slated."

A sequel that packs just as much punch as its predecessor, Fractured does not disappoint!

Fractured picks up where Slated left off. As wisps of Kyla's memories start coming back to her she struggles with her identity; between who she is now, who she was before being Slated, and her younger self.

One of the many things that grabbed me about Fractured was Terry's simplistic yet engaging writing s
Katy
3.5 stars - I liked the first book enough but wasn't too impressed - mostly because it started out too slow, but the end was pretty exciting so I was eager to find out what was going to happen next.

On one hand, there wasn't as much action as I thought there was going to be, so I wasn't ripping through the pages because I was dying to find out what was going to happen next. Instead, it was more of frustrated curiosity that kept me going - more or less the same thing I felt about the first one: th
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Control, revenge, punishment, memories, strength.

This book is not just as good as the first book, it's better! This series is going from strength to strength.

There was a hint in the first book about the whole Slated process, and how it wasn't just criminals but also people who elected to be Slated, and I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't followed up in this book. Fingers crossed for the next?

This book started to delve deeper into the the characters and open up your eyes to who they
Abbie
Actual rating - 2.5

Fractured was a disappointment.
Although the first installment, Slated, had a slow pace, i really enjoyed it.
This installment, was slower, and a lot less enjoyable.
The time i started enjoying it, the book ended.
Having to read 400 pages before a book gets interesting, is not great.

Not only was it slow, but it was very jumpy too.
I've read a few books like that this week, so it got annoying, very fast.

Overall, Jumpy, Slow, Disappointing.
Ornella (Nyx)
3.5 Stars

I have been debating a lot what to rate this. There were just so many things going on with this book, it was really hard to pin down.

The first 60% or so of the book was beyond frustrating for me. We get introduced to Nico finally, Free UK, 2 completely new important characters and some other ones. There was a lot to process with this book. Even though Kyla has started to get most of her memories back, she still doesn't know the full story, and that was the frustrating part. There were a
♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties
In a world full of danger; who can you trust?

Caught in a tug of war between Lorder oppression and the fight for freedom, her past and present race towards a collision she may not surivive. A charismatic but dangerous figure from her past forces Kyla to choose her own path in this tense and gripping sequel to the absolutely amazing, jaw dropping, drool worthy, absolutely dazzling book also known as Fractured by Teri Terry.

This book is like some massive rollercoaster ride. Seriously. It’s like thi
Steffi
3.5

Leider konnte mich Teil 2 nicht ganz so begeistern wie der erste Band.
Es war immer noch sehr spannend und interessant, aber hat für mich leider nicht das Spannungslevel von Teil 1 erreicht. Ich würde dieses Buch als typischen Zwischenband bezeichnen, der nur wenige Fragen beantwortet und neue aufwirft, wozu auch einige neue Charaktere beigetragen haben.

Kylas Verhalten hat mich in einigen Momenten sehr irritiert, da sie für ihre Situation doch zu vertrauensselig agiert hat.

Insgesamt hat mich d
Zuzana
It's been quite some time since I have read SLATED - the first book in this series, but I remember how blown away I've been with this thriller in YA genre. It was so different and original to other book series in this genre.

Unfortunately, I had some other stories to read, so it took me quite some time to get back to this series. But I have finally decided to finish off some book series I started off earlier and Slated is on the list.

At the start, I found it quite hard to remember the previous
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

With all middle books or second books in series I've noticed some pattern, but mostly this happens in dystopians. While in the first book the whole idea is presented and you need to wrap your mind around something, second books leaves you to connect all the smaller things and mostly to get to know the main character and other characters too. This one follows that patter.

While in the first book you get the whole idea of Slated was nicely presented in the fir
Nea Barabea
See the whole review on my blog

You see, there aren't many books in this world that can keep you at the edge of your seart through the whole story. And when I say the whole story, yes, I mean the whole book. I thought Slated was fantastic and amazing, but Teri Terry managed to bring the serie to an even higher level, because Fractured was absolutely phenomenal.

Kyla. Or I should say Rain? Or even Lucy? Nonetheless, our favourite heroine of the first instalment is back full force. She isn't scared
thebookbitch
never expected Fractured to be better than Slated, but it was and so much more. I literally could not put it down. It's fast paced, action packed and completely addictive. It's like a drug!
Kirsti
Nerg! The frustrated sounds of a reader waiting for the third book. You know those books that make you reach the last page and your fingers want to keep turning to find out more? Yeah this is THAT book.

I read the first book a few days ago, and was highly impressed. No story line entirely dependent on romance, no insta love, great world building and fantastic characters. Then I found the second book was already available and picked up a copy at a local KMart. Happy days! I was so engrossed in thi
Fazia
Fractured (Slated #2) by Teri Terry 3.5 stars

My expectations were pretty high but sadly they weren't met. It took me a long time to process this book, I found it too overwhelming since lots of things were going on. From the start Kyla inherited a new personality which left much to be desired and despite all her big talk and suspicious nature I found her pretty gullible and ignorant at times and it was quite easy to make predictable conclusions on what was going to happen next. Ben didn't leave
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Kyla is confused about everything, and knows only that she needs answers.
Who was Kyla before she was slated? Why was she slated? And can she ever regain her memories?

This story did have some interesting moments, and did move the story onwards a bit, but overall I found it quite confusing and dull.

I have to say that I found it quite hard to remember where book 1 left off in this series, and even with a recap I still had troubles; from reading my review for book
Melissa
This was, surprisingly, a much better read than the first book. This was much faster paced, and once I got into it, I couldn't stop reading. I felt Kyla was a much more defined character, and her development, especially near the end, was great. I loved the added new side characters too. Katran was so cool. (view spoiler) Cam was interesting too, and the development of Nico's character was crazy!

Looking forward to reading book 3 soon and finishin
Fatima Gonzalez
3.5/5 ( Casi cuatro).

En Fractured, nos muestra mas complejidad en los personajes. En este explora las capas más profundas de Kyla: cuestiones, trauma, recuerdos y el pasado. Nos ensena como ha madurado y ha cambiado mucho deja de ser la extrana programada para finalmente querer saber mas de su propia ninez, sus recuerdos, sus sentimientos.etc.

La ausencia de Ben en su vida se convirtió en una de las razones por la que hice mucha empatia con ella. Experimiente su dolor y desconcierto, busqueda de
Giedre
Yup... a really good book indeed... many things have fallen into place. lets move on onto the third book ;)
Caitlin
sooo excittteeeeeddddd!!!!
Fan girling
Dying
Death by fan girling
Nathalie
Jul 21, 2012 Nathalie marked it as to-read
Can't wait for this, loved the first book!
Nadjab
Erste Sätze
Regen ist für vieles gut.
Die Stechpalmen und Buchen um mich herum brauchen ihn, um zu wachsen und zu gedeihen.

Klappentext
Kylas Gedächtnis wurde gelöscht, ihre Persönlichkeit ausradiert, ihre Erinnerungen sind für immer verloren. Denkt sie. Doch als Kyla im Wald von dem aufdringlichen Wayne Best angegriffen wird, setzt schlagartig ihr Erinnerungsvermögen wieder ein. Trotzdem stellen sich der 16-Jährigen weiterhin jede Menge rätselhafter Fragen: Wer ist das Mädchen mit den zertrümmerten
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
I love when the second book in a trilogy is just as strong as the first book. I love it even more when the second book propels the series to a whole other level! Fractured jumps straight into the action and mystery of a slated Britain and whilst I loved Slated, I came to love Fractured even more which is such a rarity for a middle book.

My favourite thing about Fractured is that we get to find out a whole lot more about slating and why Kyla is different. Not only is all of this really cleverly ex
Isabella Iversen
"Rain. It has some other uses, some other meaning, but it trickles and runs through my mind like rivulets down my body. It is gone."

Rating after my gut feeling, Fractured is an absolute 5! It is a couple of weeks since I actually read it, and I still can't stop thinking about it. The thing that enters my mind most often is the relationship between Kyla/Rain and Nico. Stockholm Syndrome anyone?
It reminds me a little of a P!nk song I really like, called I'm Not Dead. Not the entire song exactly, b
Hallie
I wouldn't say this suffered from middle-book syndrome, but maybe it was middle-book-reader syndrome or something of the sort? I found the use of short, choppy sentences grated after a while, and am not sure whether that was actually different from the first one or whether I was so drawn in by the premise of that one that I didn't notice. It's also possible that this book was in a way, a victim of its own successful establishment of a "Trust Nobody" world. While it was central to the story that ...more
Catherine
This review was also posted on my blog, thisisjustabookblog.tumblr.com

I wasn't originally planning on reading this book; I'd read the first and not enjoyed it much, so I didn't see any reason to start this one. However, I came across it in the library, and as it was there, I thought 'why not?'. You can find my review of Slated here. (Also, don't read this review if you haven't read Slated, because there will be spoilers here.)

Unfortunately, this book was not an improvement on the last. I was j
Mikka Gottstein
Die Geschichte wird immer komplexer und vielschichtiger, aber vor allem ist und bleibt sie originell und spannend!

Tatsächlich fand ich diesen Band sogar noch spannender als den ersten. Ich habe unzählige falsche Theorien aufgestellt, was hinter all den Geschehnissen steckt und wie es enden würde, aber im Endeffekt war ich sehr zufrieden damit, wie es sich tatsächlich entwickelte!

In diesem Band ist es noch unmöglicher als im ersten, die Charaktere in "gut" und "böse" einzuteilen - und das fängt m
Bücherwürmchen
Das Cover gefällt mir sehr gut und passt perfekt zum Inhalt. Im Gegensatz zum Cover vom ersten Teil sehen wir hier eine deutliche Veränderung von Kyla. Sie wirkt wilder und entschlossener. Auch durch die Farbwahl wirkt dieses Cover viel energiegeladener und verspricht eine spannende Story.

Warum wollte ich das Buch lesen?
Na ganz klar weil ich Band eins geliebt habe und unbedingt wissen wollte wie es mit Kyla weiter gehen wird. Das Ende von Band eins war ja schon ziemlich gemein und hat mich sehr
Trisha
Who I am is what I choose to do

Wow! this one is a complete guessing game. Even mid way through the book, I couldn't tell the friends from foes.

I can't wait for the next one!
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
May 29, 2012 Lalaine *myficbookreviews* marked it as review-wishlist
oMGGG! cant wait for this! loving the title too! eeeep<3
Fayrouuzz
“Seeing what scares you for what it is does not lessen the terror. It still has the power to break your heart, over and over again.”
I don’t think I enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed Slated which I think is due to personal issues. Timing, for instance. Also because I paused reading it several times and each was relatively too long. I feel bad, somehow. Like it’s torturous to do so for such a book. But life has been really mean to the bibliophilic me for a long while now.
I would’ve gave it a lo
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
  • Earth Star (Earth Girl, #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Equinox (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #2)
  • Juno Of Taris
  • Underground (The Phoenix Files, #4)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • The Disappeared (The Disappeared #1)
  • Frost (Mist, #2)
  • Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • Broken
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Siege
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
Teri has lived in France, Canada, Australia and England at more addresses than she can count, acquiring three degrees, a selection of passports and a silly name along the way. Past careers have included scientist, lawyer, optometrist, and, in England, various jobs in schools, libraries and an audiobook charity. The footpaths and canal ways of the Buckinghamshire Chilterns where she now lives inspi ...more
More about Teri Terry...

Slated (3 books)
  • Slated (Slated, #1)
  • Shattered (Slated, #3)
Slated (Slated, #1) Shattered (Slated, #3) Mind Games Book of Lies Les Nouveaux Romans de la Rentrée 2013: 4 Extraits gratuits

“I almost gasp out loud when I realise: Who I am is what I choose to do. Just like Mum. Who she is, at her core, is made up of all the decisions she makes.” 5 likes
“Never forget who you are.” 4 likes