Wilderness Liaison

Wilderness Liaison

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Back Blurb
The concrete jungle defines financier Shal Gregory. He thrives on the liveliness and sheer vitality of the fast paced business world. So how does he find himself alone in the thick of the New Zealand bush with a feisty guide who undoubtedly despises everything he stands for?
Jodie Mathieson’s devotion to the wilderness fulfils her. She isn’t prepared for an intima...more
Paperback
Published March 9th 2012 by http://www.thewildrosepress.com (first published March 7th 2012)

Karen
Have only just started so will update when finished but first impressions are great. I'm only 40 pages in and I'm hooked. Can't wait to finish work to get back to this tale.

UPDATE
Finished this book now, i couldn't put it down.

A really fab read, love story with twists and turns and a decent ending. One of those smiley happy feel good books that leave you on a high the rest of the day.

Would recommend this to all who love to read a nice book with plenty of action, emotion and surprise.

x
Paula Martin
Shal Gregory is bored by the team-building week his father has insisted he attends with some of his staff. He's also shocked when he discovers their four-day hike in New Zealand's bush-country is to be led by a girl. Shal is used to being in control and is sure he'll have to take charge when the girl panics in an emergency.
Jodie Mathieson, with her knowledge and experience of bush-country, thinks Shal is an arrogant, chauvinistic, pompous ass, as well as being a dreaded `townie' with no apprecia...more
Lynette Sofras
First of all I have to say this is a really powerful read. It takes you across New Zealand - deep into bushland and then into the heart of buzzing town life - and if, like me, you live on the opposite side of the world, this makes for a truly fascinating and realistic journey. It most certainly puts NZ on my wish list of places to visit before I die! It also allows us to get to up close and personal with the hero and heroine and start to understand them long before they understand each other.

The...more
Tifferz
I love to travel and want to go to New Zealand. Well, after reading Wilderness Liaison. New Zealand has been bumped up on my travel list. Ms. Ashby did such an great job describing the scenery that I want to go camping. And I am not a huge camper. I love that Shal and Jodie do not like each other when they meet and for some time. The tension was so thick. Excellent writing and the story has a good pace and some unexpected developments. I also like that Shal and Jodie had flaws and had to work at...more
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
I really enjoyed this book! Anne Ashby does an excellent job of developing Shal and Jodie's characters. You knew their traits, which you could see first-hand during their tramp through the bush. The sensual tension between the two of them was well created and you could feel it. I was so frustrated with their relationship because it was very realistic. At times I wanted to hit Jodie over the head and tell her to get a clue and wake up! When the characters seem like "real" people, you know the boo...more
LaVerne Clark
I was lucky enough to be a preliminary reader for this story as it was going through the initial query stage for the publisher.

I was thrilled to be assigned this story as it is set in my home country and I'd heard the writer told a great story. I hadn't been led astray and I fell in love with Shal and Jodie immediately. I got such a kick out of reading about a setting I was so familiar with too - but when combined with such great writing - I was in heaven!

I encourage everyone to read this stor...more
Tania
Good to see so many have read this book before me... Yay for kiwi writers! Off to read this one.

Fun read.... Took me way to long given it was a busy week.
Karen Jury
Great read. Anne is great at introducing her characters to the reader.
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Madalina
Madalina marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Linda Carroll-Bradd marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Vivek
Vivek marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Debra Jupe
Debra Jupe marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Jannine Gallant
Jannine Gallant marked it as to-read
Diane Burton
Diane Burton marked it as to-read
Babette James
Babette James marked it as to-read
Jessica Subject
Jessica Subject marked it as to-read
Cerian Hebert
Cerian Hebert marked it as to-read
Lynn Cahoon
Lynn Cahoon marked it as to-read
Patricia Kiyono
Patricia Kiyono marked it as to-read
Leah St. James
Leah St. James marked it as to-read
Marla Schwartz
Marla Schwartz marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Craig Davis
Craig Davis marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »