Start by marking “Force of Nature (Force of Nature, #1)” as Want to Read:
Force of Nature (Force of Nature, #1)

Force of Nature (Force of Nature #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  554 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
CJ's father, Charles Webber, had been a real bastard all her life. And when her mom died he'd told her that without Becky there to make him acknowledge CJ as his daughter, he was finished with her and she was never to darken his door again. The slap that bloodied her mouth at her mom's funeral had been more than enough to make his point. So she didn't, not even to come hom ...more
Published March 20th 2012 (first published March 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Force of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force of Nature

Lone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldCade by Mason SabreThe Rising by C.M. MeridianMoon Called by Patricia BriggsWanted by K.A.  Jones
Shape shifters and werewolves
41st out of 169 books — 110 voters
My Aliyah by Sable HunterMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloThe Dangerous Jacob Wilde by Sandra MartonThe Ruthless Caleb Wilde by Sandra MartonThe Prince of Pleasure by Sandra Marton
denise's favorites
76th out of 100 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
When CJ Webber learns of her fathers death, she doesn't shed a tear she wonders if this may be her chance to finally find herself at peace. CJ's father was the worst type of man in the world, abusive and toxic, when CJ returns home with a plan that her best friend has set in motion for her.

Of course nowhere did she expect to come up against Austin Force. The man is demanding, insulting, and seems to not be able to keep himself away from CJ. CJ doesn't realize that Austin is her mate or that he
Jacquie Talento
Jun 25, 2012 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book by Ms. Barton as I am a huge fan of her works. This was no exception to how much I love her books. This is another great story and I hope to see more of the Force family saga.
Austin Force wants the property that CJ Webber’s family has owned for years and he wants it for his mother. CJ isn’t too sure after her father passes if she is going to sell it or finally settle down. As an on the road truck driver, she might just want to live there.
Austin is an Alpha Wolf and doesn’t
Lacie (Darkangel78)
Boring. It seemed most of the book revolved around her truck...she's selling it/not selling it or she's taking a job or not taking a job, staying or going.

I just wasn't feeling it with these two. It was more like she was forced into the situation so she deals with and makes the best of it but she didn't want him and she didn't really want to stay there. At least that's how I was left feeling about it.

I don't think I'll be reading anymore of this series.
NanaVamp
Oct 18, 2013 NanaVamp rated it really liked it
Kathi is a new author me. I loved her writing, Very Hawt sexy stuff, Alpha male and headstrong female human trucker who he says is his mate...Their bantering is priceless. It was a quick read. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series. Force of Nature (Force of Nature, #1) by Kathi S. Barton
Elaine Kirby
Feb 22, 2016 Elaine Kirby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wolves, Vampire & Other Shifters, Oh My Excellent!

Kathi S. Barton has again taken me on a fast paced adventure! I read this book in one day in between going to work & other stuff; I didn't want to put this book down. Austin 1st comes across as a cave man in the 21st century & CJ is a strong independent woman who didn't think she was lovable. When they 1st meet Austin knows right away that she's his mate & almost takes her there on her front porch but she takes an exception to th
Vettech
May 01, 2016 Vettech rated it really liked it
I so love the female characters in Kathi Barton's books....always strong and take no crap from anyone type of ladies. This is the first book in a new series for me.

Wolf shifter Austin Force, the alpha of his pack is quite firm about not wanting a mate not now anyway. When C.J. Webber, long haul trucker comes home after her abusive father dies, Austin does exactly what a male should never do when he discovers his mate......that's right piss her off....and piss her off he did big time. Getting sh
Charlene Bauer
Sep 26, 2013 Charlene Bauer rated it it was amazing
I found this book FANTASTIC.

It's the story of a young woman with trust issues, and the Alpha wolf who tries to tame her.

Come join this young couple on a journey of love and danger. You won't be disappointed.
Ceola
Dec 24, 2014 Ceola rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice

A storyline
a pigheaded egotistical alpha male.A stubborn alpha female that's human. Can't get any better than this.
CJ left alone after her mom die disowned by her bastard of a father. Opens her door one night to fine Austin on her doorstep demanding to see CJWho he believes to be a man. Austin a chauvinist to his core decides that CJ being his mate should give up her life to dedicate it to him. Not that he wants her because she is the child of Charles Webber who shot his brother Dallas whil
Claudia
Jan 31, 2016 Claudia rated it did not like it
Shelves: shifter-romance
Force of Nature is the second book from Kathi Barton that I am reading and I didn't like it and cannot understand the high rating.

The story was Ok. Wolf met mate and eventually they mate but the writing and some choices of words and scenes were to much for me.
I tried really hard to like the book but the more I read the more I disliked the characters. The H, Austin, came across as an ass. Half way through the book and he was still rejecting h as his mate.
They have sex and eventually H decides to
Cindy Barton
Nov 12, 2013 Cindy Barton rated it really liked it
Austin Force is, what I have learned, the epitome of the alpha male. That being said, I was able to give a laugh and snort whenever he tried to pull his crap with his new acquaintance, CJ Webber. Like just about any 21st Century female would react, CJ doesn't let me down when Austin tries to make her do what he wants. Austin's mother is also a fun character as is Cj's bestie, Phil. Phil has his own little secret he has kept from CJ but he takes care of her when she doesn't even know he is.

Truck
Margaret
Oct 09, 2013 Margaret rated it really liked it

CJ’s father, Charles Webber, had been a real bastard all her life. And when her mom died he’d told her that without Becky there to make him acknowledge CJ as his daughter, he was finished with her and she was never to darken his door again. The slap that bloodied her mouth at her mom’s funeral had been more than enough to make his point. So she didn’t, not even to come home to his funeral Austin Force wanted the property that the prick Webber owned. He wanted it for his pack and the house for hi

Ellen
This was much better than the last books of Barton's I read (Willow), I do find it difficult to believe that someone who's actually a good guy could be that stupid when it comes to women. It boggles the mind that someone could be so offensive and not realise it, especially when his twin brother could just tell him and he'd have an aha moment.

The world set up was good, looking forward to reading more of it. Good to see Barton moving out of her comfort zone and the heroine had a bad past but not a
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Stubborn Alpha

Great book from beginning to end. Austin Force is pack alpha who wanted a particular house owned by a CJ Webber who he mistakenly thought was a man. CJ short for Charlie Jane was a very intelligent and strong young lady who had a hard time growing up with a father who hated her. Their first meeting Austin landed on his butt courtesy of CJ who didn't understand why he licked her neck(not saying she didn't like it). From that point on this couple constantly bumped heads until a meeti
Anne
Jan 20, 2015 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2015-bir
An enjoyable read, despite the cheesy villains. Almost rolled my eyes right out of my head.
April
A great new series! Can't wait for the next book. So many possibilities with characters! Steamy with a great story to back it up! Boy do I love a sexy shifter romance!

CJ is a really kick a$$ chick! She can handle herself and is not in need of a man to hold her hand. But she will take one in her bed!

Austin the perfect possessive and aggressive Alpha wolf. And her goes full steam ahead when he meets his mate. Not counting on stubborn CJ to deny him he is forced to seduce her into love!

There is als
Natalie Kirkland
Oct 19, 2015 Natalie Kirkland rated it it was amazing
I love werewolf romance and Kathi hit it out of the park with this one :)
Cheesecake
Austin suffers through the first half of the book from one stupidly preconceived notion of who CJ is, after another. The whole time he is also suffering from foot in mouth disease. It was hilarious to read. I loved CJ as the epitome of the strong heroine. Amazingly Austin manages to wake up and smell the coffee and work about redeeming himself to CJ. The 'badguys' are annoying and really just there to add suspense and action to the plot. Luckily they aren't a big part of the story. I have to say ...more
Trina
Jan 05, 2013 Trina rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Has the potential to be great, but alas, say it ain't so...

Plot falls short by piss-poor villians and unsequential action sequence.

(view spoiler)

And finally, the Alpha is too
Jasmine
Dec 31, 2014 Jasmine rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
JeanneAwesome
A nice surprise...

I was a little sceptic when I bought this book, but I found that I really liked it. Mainly because CJ (the heroine) is a real hard-ass and don't take crap from anybody.
This is a good story mixed with a dominant alpha male, romance, action and some hot and sexy scenes.

If you like shifter stories with dominant alpha males and strong kick-ass females, then you would definitely like this one. This is certainly worth the time.
Joy Whiteside
Dec 07, 2013 Joy Whiteside rated it it was amazing
Kathi S. Barton is an amazing author and I have yet to read one of her books that I have not enjoyed from the beginning and Force of Nature is no different. From the very beginning till the very end I was hooked. It moved along at an amazing pace, had characters that you fall in love with instantly and a story that keeps you riveted for the entire book.

I am looking forward to reading more of her books very shortly.
Angie Cox
May 28, 2012 Angie Cox rated it really liked it
I loved the character devolopment and even thought of smacking the main guy around myself a time or two. Very strong female character and great supporting characters as well. Not the average paranormal romance where the girl falls head over heels for the alpha and throws reality out the window.

I really enjoyed the book and cant wait for the next one in the series.
Juliana Chen
Nov 09, 2013 Juliana Chen rated it liked it
CJ just like the other heroine of Kathi S. Barton... a warrior female in her own term... passionate yet witty with a vicious mouth and full of courage..

And the Austin, the alpha male who really need a badass female for a mate...

I enjoyed reading this book, found such a good harsh humor between the couple..
Skye Blue
May 31, 2013 Skye Blue rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter
more like 3 1/2 stars. I would have rounded it up to 4, but I got lost at one point, and by the time I figured out were we were, they were married, and I missed it some how.

Not a new take on shifters, but that's okay, it works. I'll be getting the next book, without hesitation.
Sharon
Even though the stroy line is a little disjointed at times, our two main characters are wonderfully developed with a clash of personalities. Lots of lovin and dirty talk the story develops in their quest for love while trucking across America. a great escapism read...
Holly_87
love this series the books get better and better full of humour, danger and sexy hot werewolves and vampires and alpha males and alpha females recommend anything by this author
Syeda Noureen
Jul 15, 2014 Syeda Noureen rated it liked it
WELL...it really is a "force of nature",hence the title name.
NO.. SERIOUSLY..
I really kinda felt that it(the story..the plot) was forced upon me real hard :P
Mrs.Tee
Jan 07, 2013 Mrs.Tee rated it really liked it
Was better than I expected! You know I love a little dirty talk, and this was chalk full! But a decent story line as well, even with this crazy villian out of nowhere.
Denise
Feb 21, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
This was a werewolf romance i thought it was good .... of course i like all her books... i love how they interact with each other..
  • Right Wolf, Right Time (Cougar Falls, #6)
  • McQuade:  The Lone Wolf Takes A Mate
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • To Wed a Werewolf (Scattered Siblings Book, #1)
  • Bear Naked and Bite Marks (Sweet Water, #5)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • Grif (Tales of the Were, #5, Redstone Clan, #1)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Demon's Embrace (PUP Squad Alpha, #2)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Skinwalkers Trilogy, #1)
  • You're Lion
  • Jezebel's Lion (Sin City Shifters, #2)
  • Alpha vs. Alpha (True Mate Wolf, #2)
  • Chasing Paradise (Alpine Woods Shifters, #2)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Bluestocking Bride
Kathi Barton, author of the bestselling series Force of Nature, lives in Nashport, Ohio with her husband Paul. In addition to writing full time Kathi likes to spend time with her eight grandkids, three children and three children-in-laws. She writes to relax and have fun.
Her muse, a cross between Jimmy Stewart and Hugh Jackman brings them to life for her readers in a way that has them coming back
More about Kathi S. Barton...

Force of Nature (8 books)
  • Force of the Dark Wolf (Force of Nature, #2)
  • Force of Knight Magic (Force of Nature, #3)
  • Untamed Force (Force of Nature, #4)
  • Unstoppable Force (Force of Nature, #5)
  • Force (Force of Nature, #6)
  • Excessive Force (Force of Nature, #7)
  • Impassable Force (Force of Nature, #8)