Road Apples

Road Apples

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The time came when I realized that I had lived most of my short adult life in a stupor, my eyes blind to all the possibilities in front of me. I became a believer one fateful night in the rain, at the appointed hour, and all because of a vintage car, a loyal dog, and a cheating boyfriend.

Madeline Benités is a realist, unaffected by the power of destiny, a skeptic who firml...more
ebook
Published December 2nd 2011 by Musa Publishing (first published December 1st 2011)

Linda
I was immediately drawn into this story, with engaging characters and locales covering three Western states that I know quite well. With a gutsy, impetuous heroine, a sexy artist boyfriend, and a kick-ass dog who plays a large part in the story, there is much to like about this contemporary love story, where families and cultures merge and collide in a rollicking good tale of sex and mayhem. Ms. Samoranos writes with guts and passion, and I look forward to reading more of her work!
ARe Cafe
An AReCafe top pick!

Madeline Benités is a professional contractor from a Filipino family. After a very upsetting breakup, she decides to take a road trip which starts out terribly but ends in a wonderful discovery. Wyatt McLain is a well-known Native American artist. Their paths cross one rainy night when Madeline is mugged and Wyatt comes to her rescue. There is an instant connection despite a significant age difference. Over time Madeline and Wyatt develop a bond neither can explain but welcom...more
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Rhea Rhodan
Rhea Rhodan marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Marie
Marie added it
Aug 14, 2012
Karen Kennedy
Apr 11, 2012 Karen Kennedy added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelly
Kelly added it
Mar 23, 2012
Big Lies in Small Town The Curious Number Small Town, Add Vice Green Earth Death by Bitter Waters