Start by marking “Shackled ” as Want to Read:
Shackled

Shackled

Aeliea is an evil princess with a taste for torture. In order to save his mother’s life, Markus defies the future queen. She condemns the proud, strong warrior to her dungeons. Night after night he is brought, naked and shackled, to stand before Aeliea. Markus is determined to change the woman whose treacherous whims terrify her empire.

Excerpt:

Aeliea rolled her wrist and
Published February 17th 2012 by Omnific Publishing (first published February 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shackled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shackled

Rhonda
Feb 18, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing

Shackled by Debra Anastasia

What a terrific short story!!

I was pleasantly surprised to find out about this story from Mrs. Anastasia.
And even though it’s a short story, it was exactly what I expect from her storytelling. However the story is very different, but then again I haven’t read one of her stories that are similar to each other. Reading this short story displays the versatility of Mrs. Anastasia’s writing, and I look forward to many more stories from this amazing lady.

Aeliea is the Princ
Jennifer Lane
Shackled is a short story by Debra Anastasia. My friends know that I have a thing for men in shackles *blushes* so I was eager to read this story and it did not disappoint! I loved Debra’s novel Crushed Seraphim as well.

Aeliea is a bitchy real-life princess who gets whatever she wants and kills whoever she wants, especially when she’s PMSing (hee hee). She’s about to order the death of an innocent woman when the woman’s grown son steps forward, sacrificing himself to take her place. Markus defin
Mollie
Sep 09, 2013 Mollie rated it it was amazing

description

Wow! What a story! I want to buy this in print and keep in on my nightstand. Only good dreams would come from reading this before bed. And I have a new book boyfriend too.

I wouldn't expect any less from this author. Her books leave me satisfied, but selfishly wanting more, this book included. I mean, seriously, 35 pages? Gimme more, like 800!

Though it's a very quick read, has a fast pace, and takes a complete 180, I loved it and I fell for it all. I'm impressed to find there's no cheese involved
Amanda
Mar 14, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2011
My full review for the Summer Lovin' anthology can be found here - http://thebookboudoir.blogspot.com/20... Shackled was part of that limited edition collection.

"Shackled by Debra Anastasia Aeliea is a princess not so loved by her people. They all live in fear of her; worried about getting thrown in her horrible dungeon. When Markus stands up to her she orders him to be taken to the palace. Aeliea is horrible but Markus makes me swoon. It's amazing the way she starts to change with him there. He
Arethea
Apr 17, 2013 Arethea rated it it was amazing
I really think that reading is a personal experience. In my case, Debra Anastasia, words always speak direct to my heart! Her stories repeatedly teach me something about Love, Friendship, Redemption. Same here, in this short story. A selfish princess who learns important lessons about life & changed her current actions after a encounter with a man who has all the reasons to hate her :) A must read for sure!! LOVE IT!
Kristy
Princess Aeliea is a spoiled, mean, evil Princess. Her parents give her everything she wants except their love and attention. So Aeliea has found other ways to occupy her time. She loves to pour fear into her subjects. Punish them for the smallest infractions, and kill them to make examples out of them. It brings her pleasure to see her orders carried out. But one day, one man stands up to her. Markus is beautiful man with hatred in his eyes that are directed right at her. Aeliea has never encou ...more
Ambyr
Jun 05, 2012 Ambyr rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorter-read, romance
Debra Anastasia is a fantastic writer. She knows how to take you on a journey and keep you captive while she spins her tale for you. This story is about a spoiled, evil princess who will one day be queen. She is feared by all in the kingdom and in her ward. She learns, however, that her evil has a price, though it may not always be for her to pay.

The only downside of this book was that it was too short. Admittedly, it is a short story... but it allowed for too little room to expand on the chara
Martha
Sep 08, 2012 Martha rated it really liked it
I loved this story. Sometimes stories don't have to be full-blown novels to tug at your heart in several different directions. In the beginning I really disliked Aeliea--hate is really too strong a word. I just assumed she was spoiled because her parents catered to her every whim.

Then as Markus began to break through her rough exterior I began to take pity on her and almost feel sorry for her. She was pretty much left to her own devices as her parents left to conduct the business of the realm.

Fi
★Ruth★
I would have liked this so much more if it had been longer.

Too much needed detail was skipped over and it left me disconnected from the characters.

But there was definitely a good story here, although I'm not convinced someone could change that much in such a short period of time.....but again that could be due to the above mentioned details skipped over.
Pam Godwin
Aug 05, 2012 Pam Godwin rated it really liked it
My biggest gripe: it was too short. This story has some real potential for complex character development and deep world-building, Honestly, I was shocked–and impressed–that the author was able to turn Aeliea’s character so completely in so few pages. The pet mouse, Markus’ motivations, the shaven handmaiden were all brilliant tools in this transformation. I’d love to see more of this world.
Scandal
May 15, 2012 Scandal rated it really liked it
My only complaint...I need more!!! More please. Yes sir, can I have another! That Debra Anastasia, she's a saucy little minx and it shows in her writing! Great short story!!

Here's a link to my Scandalicious Book Review:
WiLoveBooks
Mar 03, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
So much awesome in such a little package.
*Angela*
May 16, 2012 *Angela* rated it it was ok
Just okay quick read...
Tiffany Tabor
Feb 26, 2012 Tiffany Tabor rated it it was amazing
Oh Debra, why tease us with short stories?! You just have a way of pulling us in, having us fall for you characters, and leaving us wanting more.
Carina
Nov 13, 2012 Carina rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Will review soon...
Shannon
Feb 19, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed Debra's work, this short but steamy story is no exception! Great use of narrative and I loved the setting - I can't wait to see what she's got for us next!
Kathleen
Sep 03, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
I will read anything that Debra Anastasia writes because she is one talented lady. Now I just need to be patient while waiting for her next creation! Grrrrr....
Chris
Aug 16, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Really enjoyable. :) This was a free download on Omnific.
Jen
Oct 18, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
I downloaded "Shackled" by Debra Anastasia via the Omnific Publishing website and it definitely lives up to the saying "The best things in life are free!" ^.^

Princess Aeliea is a young woman whose beauty belies such an evil nature that her entire kingdom fears and hates her. When she crosses paths with Markus, a young man who stands up for his mother and her students, she believes she can break him by having him shackled and tortured. Markus stands his ground and teaches Aeliea a lesson or two (
Deborah Bean
Jul 31, 2014 Deborah Bean rated it really liked it
In shackled by Debra Anastasia, the princess is a spoiled brat that has struck terror into the hearts of all of her subjects. This story is one about selfishness, self-realization, love, forgiveness and sacrifice. It is not a very long book, but I did enjoy the storyline. It was different than all of the others that have become so popular.
I give this book 4 stars. In the beginning, you could not find one redeeming quality about the heroine. Towards the end of the story, you find yourself actuall
Neets
Sep 11, 2012 Neets rated it liked it
Sometimes it's nice to read a short story in between longer novels or a series. That's why I chose to read 'Shackled' before moving on to something new.

On the whole, I enjoyed the story, though I felt at times that way too much was going on for it to fit into such a short format. I also felt that some of the dialogue style didn't really fit with the characters - at times they spoke in formal, stilted fashion reminiscent of Roman times, at others they used words like "Okay" - which didn't really
Elissa Barbosa
Apr 24, 2013 Elissa Barbosa rated it liked it
Nice short story. It is about an evil princess who is horrid in the beginning but through the help of one of her own prisoners that defies her initially and it intrigues her enough that in the end, her love for him changes whom she becomes as queen. Love the fairy tale aspect but mature at the same time.
Chele
Feb 05, 2017 Chele rated it it was amazing

The power of love

A wonderfully compelling short story with power ,and loss, teaching and redemption.and Action
A love story that will have you on the edge of your seat.
5 stars
westernway
Did not realise that this was a former fan fiction when I read it. Read on a train journey and it was a good story to pass the time with. Could not say that the writing or story line was brilliant or original but it was a pleasant enough read and good for a freebie.
Ashley Hedden
Mar 07, 2016 Ashley Hedden rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Shackled by Debra Anastasia. It was another great book by the author. Aelia is an evil princess who crosses paths with the strong warrior Markus. I love how no matter what torture Aelia places on Markus, he is determined to help/change her. This was a great book with a great ending.
Amber Rose
Aug 23, 2012 Amber Rose rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was an okay story... It was very short and it seemed like the characters were forced into so much in a short amount of time. I would have liked it better if it was a longer story where I could have maybe have a better connection.
Tiffany
Jun 27, 2012 Tiffany rated it liked it
Really enjoyed this short story! I appreciated how this woman changed her ways!
L.E.
Feb 12, 2014 L.E. rated it it was amazing
Awesome little short story.
Tammy - After Dark Book Lovers - A Slice Of Fiction - Dark & Seductive Events Planner
I love Debra but this just didnt do it for me.
Jan Baldocchi
Mar 10, 2015 Jan Baldocchi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting

Short sweet quite a change from Poughkeepsie! It's good that a author can venture out into a different genre! Interesting premise on redemption
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Cursing Athena  (Order Of Seven #1)
  • Live In Position
  • Indivisible
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Harley Quinn (2013-) #15
  • Passion Fish
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Three Daves
  • Black and White
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Exquisite Karma (Iron Horse MC, #4)
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Fourteen
  • Absolute Lovers (Absolute, #2)
Debra Anastasia likes to write from her heart, her soul or her ass. The genres she dabbles in are examples of that. If she can write a book, so can you.

You can find her online and she loves you.
DebraAnastasia.com for more information

More about Debra Anastasia...