Start by marking “Box Set: The Arrington Trilogy ” as Want to Read:
Box Set: The Arrington Trilogy

Box Set: The Arrington Trilogy (Arrington #1-3)

Best selling e-book trilogy edition featuring:

Sacred Intentions (prequel)
The Girl in the Lighthouse (book I)
All That is Beautiful (book II)
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Box Set

Cat's Review
Oct 12, 2013 Cat's Review rated it liked it
I bought the boxed set and read the prequel, Sacred Intentions, first, then I read The Girl in the Lighthouse, followed by All That is Beautiful.

I thought it was a shame that the sequel was released last and that many people read it after Lily’s story. I thought that Sacred Intentions was a perfect first book and it was interesting to see the parallell’s between Amelia and Lily’s lives.

I was able to connect more with Amelia than with Lily and I felt compassion for Amelia as I saw her lively chi
Kathy
May 03, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
I was surprised that there were 3 books in one so to speak - very good value.

Was not sure about the stories being told in the 1st person, however I got used to this and and they all flowed very easily, form disaster to depressingly hard times, extreme happiness to extreme sadness. While I really liked this collection, I did find myself asking why oh why do some people (not just women) not voice their questions (regardless of era or social situation!)Then sometimes the story would not have those
Zoe
Oct 06, 2013 Zoe rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-finished
One of the weirdest books I've read in quite a while. Set during the turmoil time of the Civil War, this story centers around a young girl who was a beloved spoiled child. Her father gave her everything she needed in the absence of a dead mother but everything changed when the father married another woman. Woe is the young girl. Throw in the Civil War and secret brothers, and presto, you have the Arrington Trilogy, incest and all.
Would recommend if you want to read a totally not historical fict
Janet Mullins
Sep 06, 2016 Janet Mullins rated it liked it
Too many loose ends

Good overall story, but could be great with a few changes. The last book has way too many editing mistakes. There are also way too many unanswered questions. What happened to Eugenia and Abigail in the second book? Why Gave Gave Gave Gave couldn't anyone answer any of Lillian's questions in the second book? And why on God's earth didn't anyone know Warren Stone wasn't Lillian's father? So much suffering with no explanations. So much dieing. Good story line though. Got tired be
Amy
Apr 12, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Very good book!! Touching and tragic. Without giving to much away it was a well written book that spans 2 lives, a mom's life and then her daughter's life. The tragic lives that both women lead, all in the name of love. It just goes to show, love is patient.
Molly
Jan 22, 2013 Molly rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite book series! Wow! Such a tragic, dramatic, and interesting storyline. Honestly, I was very surprised. I've read it 4 times and I keep discovering new little secrets every time. Love!
Jennifer Hawks
Jul 08, 2012 Jennifer Hawks rated it liked it

This was a good trilogy. I didn't lose interest through them. It showed the civil war times well and how family can be everything or your nightmare but in the end it all happens for a reason. I would recommend to others.
Angela
Mar 30, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Could read again. Hauntingly stays with you.
Gail Boomer
Jul 20, 2015 Gail Boomer rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Ifeyinwa
May 19, 2014 Ifeyinwa rated it liked it
Twisted but interesting. But i wouldnt read it again.
Nory
Apr 13, 2012 Nory rated it it was amazing
This was a great read from the beginning. The two main female characters in this story suffer too much for my taste, it seems as if the world is out to get them.
Michelle Breaux
May 11, 2012 Michelle Breaux rated it it was amazing
Fantastic and cheap
Lindsay
Apr 01, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it
The tragically destructive female narrators and often generic plot somehow do not keep these books from being incredibly addictive. I didn't sleep.
Elyse Bontrager
Elyse Bontrager rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Jami Bonnewell
Jami Bonnewell rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Suad Nasser
Suad Nasser rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Meghan Defoort
Meghan Defoort rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Karie
Karie rated it it was ok
May 04, 2013
Isabella
Isabella rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Ladycow
Ladycow rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2012
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Darius Baty
Darius Baty rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Ali Cross
Ali Cross rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Saving Mars Series Books 1-3
  • River in the Sea
  • Pirates of Savannah: The Complete Trilogy (Pirates of Savannah, #1-3)
  • Emergence (Eden's Root Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadows of St. Louis
  • Life After War (Life After War, #1-3)
  • Relativity (Proximity, #2)
  • Hilda and Zelda (Hilda the Wicked Witch, #4)
  • Iron Branch: A Civil War Tale of a Woman In-Between
  • The Everything Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Book: A Portrait of an American Icon
  • Agnes Barton Senior Sleuth Mysteries Box Set (Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery, #1-3)
  • The Girl Who Swam to Atlantis
  • The Color of Freedom
  • Scorpio Rising (The Scorpio Series, #1)
  • Heartbreak Trail
  • Ashford
  • Sweet Tea (The Tea Series, #2)
  • The Blood upon the Rose
Roxane Tepfer Sanford is the author of the best selling family saga, The Girl in the Lighthouse, All That is Beautiful and Sacred Intentions (the Arrington series). Her writing style has been compared to that of well known gothic fiction author, V.C. Andrews.
Roxane is the very busy mother of six children, and whatever spare time is left, she dedicates to writing novels.

on Facebook:
Roxane Tepfer
More about Roxane Tepfer Sanford...

Arrington (3 books)
  • The Girl in the Lighthouse (Arrington, #1)
  • All That is Beautiful (Arrington, #2)
  • Sacred Intentions (Arrington #3)