Ice Cold (T-FLAC #15)
read excerpt

Ice Cold (T-FLAC #15)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  62 reviews
T-FLAC operative Rafael Navarro will never allow another woman to suffer the consequences of his dangerous life. But in a world where a terrorist can do more damage with a keyboard than a bomb, he needs the expert help of a cyber-geek. And fast.

Fellow operative, and cybercrimes specialist Honey Winston prefers computers to people. But when a serial bomber threatens the wor...more
ebook
Published October 11th 2012 by Adair Digital

Nikki Brandyberry
Cherry Adair makes a triumphant return to a popular long running series with Ice Cold, a romantic suspense she self published. Ice Cold brings readers back to the roots of the T-FLAC agency and gives them a pulse pounding thrill ride that is sure to please black ops lovers everywhere. It’s dark, it’s gritty and Ice Cold pulls no punches.

Honey is an operative that is known for her icy exterior. No one can get close to her and she appears to care more about her computers then she does about the hu...more
Sheryl
WELCOME BACK T-FLAC!!!! You were sorely missed!!! And boy, WHAT A WELCOME!!!

Rafael Navarro aka The Spanish Stallion (OH BABY!!! Yes... i can definitely see why... YUMMY!!!) and Honey Winston aka "Tight-Ass with a Tight Sexy Ass" <--- Rafe's words NOT mine :)

*SIGH* i LOVED EVERYTHING about this story; the tight story line, the killer suspense and the SMOKING HOT SEX SCENES *YOWZA*!!!!

But i think what i loved MOST of all was watching/reading Rafe tear through Honey's defences and Honey FINALLY...more
Saly
This was not a good T-FLAC book. I never got into the romance and the suspense part of it. The heroine Honey is a cyber operative whose boss is murdered and then she then has to go on a op with the hero bomb T-FLAC agent Rafe, known as the Spanish Stud. The heroine is chic and rich and known as the Ice Princess and I never warmed up to her. The hero too didn't have much presence. He had a tough childhood and his brief marriage ended when his operative wife died and he has been playing the field...more
Paranormal Haven
T-FLAC Operatives, beautiful insanely rich, Honey Winston (Ice Princess) and ruggedly handsome Rafael Navarro (the Spanish Stallion) are paired together on an assignment. Bombs obliterate several European banks leaving holes in the ground where the banks were and the locked vaults intact.

Honey Winston is a Cybertech computer specialist. When someone kills her boss, Honey is best in the world. The night he is to pick Navarro up at the airport someone pretending to be Honey kills him. This leaves...more
Heather
Thanks to the author, Cherry Adair, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this early!

Ms. Adair always creates exceptional back stories. She seems to put a lot of thought into her carefully designed characters ensuring the reader receives only the necessary insight into the backgrounds, without overwhelming the reader. Given the personalities of these two characters it seemed that they were an unlikely couple; but leave it to her to make them seem prefect for each other.

Two T-FLAC operative...more
Melissa
I had never read any Cherry Adair books and find that I am now hooked! I couldn't put this book down. Now I can't wait to go back and read the earlier books in her T-FLAC series.

When bomb expert, Rafael Navarro, first meets cyber specialist, Honey Winston sparks fly and it's not just because they are fighting in the dark and pretty well matched! As Rafael and Honey race to stop a group of terrorists from destroying the world's banking community, they find themselves falling for each other. In t...more
Dianne
Oh My! Sizzling hot tension! Non-stop action! Larger than life heroes!

T-FLAC operative Rafael Navarro and cybercrimes specialist Honey Winston are thrown together to stop bombings around the world that are threatening to cripple the largest financial institutions, as well as the entire global financial infrastructure.

Rafael, famous for being a hot ladies' man and Honey, who is known as the ice queen start out reacting to each other like oil and water...but these bombings need the best black ops...more
Kathleen
I usually like the T-FLAC series, but not this e-book. A waste of money. Costs more than similar books and the ebook is out of control with zillions of typos! I finally grew annoyed enough to start noting the page -- more than 50 when I stopped counting.

How could it be so bad? Frankly, I felt taken and grew pitzed off. Maybe the kindle version is worse than paperback. For one thing, the paragraph formatting went askew in one section. No indenting.

As for the story itself, I usually like T-FLAC h...more
Zazoo Book Pimp
Sep 13, 2012 Zazoo Book Pimp marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorites
Has anybody read Cherry Adairs TFLAC series?
I LOVE THEM!
HOT SEXY ALPHA MALES FALLING HARD FOR THEIR ONE TRUE LOVE.

The Bonus is Cherry is a very fan friendly Author,
very accessible.
You can leave her a message on FB and she'll always try to answer back.
Very classy

New Book in October is
Ice Cold

Mandi Schreiner
Nov 20, 2012 Mandi Schreiner added it
Shelves: dnf
I just didn't like this one. DNFing at 50%. Romance is flat - no chemistry. Hero constantly thinks how 'icy' and hard heroine is but I just don't see that side of her.

Too much action...just not a fun T-Flac like I've read in the past.
Joann
Jul 17, 2012 Joann marked it as to-read
I can't wait for the nest T-Flac book to come out! I started reading these thrilling books by the fabulous Ms. Adair with the first book, Kiss & Tell, and have loved every one!
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Great story by Cherry.... but I was left with a question or two...

Full Review: 3 1/2
Ice Cold is Cherry Adair’s 17th book in the T-Flac series. But can easily stand alone. As this was the first book in this series that I have read. So never fear if you are not catch up on this series

I enjoyed this book, glad that I read it and would suggest it to my fellow book readers. But I didn’t love this book. At times I found myself a little board and would skim parts. But I did like the relationship betwee...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
I'll admit it, there were times when I was reading this book that I simply did not feel smart enough to follow all the in's and out's of the suspense story line. This is one complex book and I definitely had issues getting lost in the details of 'who', 'what', 'where', and 'why'. But when it's all said and done, this book is about Rafael and Honey.

They are both T-FLAC operatives. Rafael is a bomb disposal expert while Honey is a computer geek. They are both highly trained and highly ef...more
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Nov 14 2012 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

Ask me not how I managed it, but despite this being book #17 in the series, I never did read any of the others. So this was all new since I read it as a standalone basically and the novel fared very well.

The T-FLAC world was really cool, all super-operatives, bomb whisperers and tech geniuses with the due amount of traitors and side-switchers. It was exciting and fun to read about these guys and their scope of activity and assets (fu~fu...more
Heather Boustead
Ice Cold
T-FLAC Series Book Seventeen
By Cherry Adair

Rafael Navarro refuses to settle down and allow another woman to become victim to his dangerous lifestyle. Fellow T-FLAC operative Honey Winston has no social skills whatsoever and prefers computers to people. When the two team up to stop a serial bomber that threatens the world’s financial infrastructure they begin with butting heads but soon something more begins to grow between them.

What I love about romance novels is that no matter what is g...more
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

Only in the 21st century do you get action-adventure by mixing a cyber-geek with a bomb expert. Last century it used to just be fists, knives and guns. Not that there weren't plenty of those involved in Cherry Adair's Ice Cold. And the action, between the sheets (when there were any sheets) and otherwise, was anything but cold.

Ice Cold is Adair's 17th foray into the operations of T-FLAC, the secret agency that she created to tell her stories of action, adve...more
Yvonne
T-Flac operatives Rafael Navarro and Honey Winston are called to action when a terrorist tries to blow up the world’s banking infrastructure. With Honey’s ability to detect cyber crimes and Rafael’s ability to defuse bombs, they are the perfect answer to stop the destruction of the world’s financial industry.

The closer Rafael and Honey work, the more attracted they are to each other. However, they must put their feelings aside as they race to save the world from true evil. They are stunned when...more
Kari
Oh T-FLAC, how I have missed you! I have been waiting for Ice Cold for a long time and boy it didn't disappoint! After reading the T-FLAC psi ones, I was happy to get back to basics. Ice Cold is a riveting , nail biting adventure. It also has a very hot and steamy romance. Ms. Adair really knows her way around a love scene!

Honey and Rafael are so great together. Honey is known as the "Ice Princess" because she never shows any emotion and seems to have no social skills at all. Rafael is known as...more
Bj Gaskill
I have to give Ms. Adair credit, Opening a book with a kick-butt fight scene between the two main characters was one heck of a way to go!!
Then to top it with a "Kiss me!", Wholly Boogers!!!!

"Ice Princess", Honey, has to be my favorite character... she's got it all. She's got the money, the look, the attitude and then some (LOL).
I think it's amazing how a person can keep a front up as strong as she does in the beginning....show no emotions. She is by far a totally bad ass!!
Of course until Hot and...more
Cariadne
I'm well aware that Cherry Adair is a popular author and always meant to pick up one of her books. I'm a sucker for strong female leads and Navy SEAL/alpha male leads. Unfortunately, I clearly started with the wrong novel and this experience will likely prevent me from ever picking up a Cherry Adair novel again.

While a fan of rapid paced stories that keep me on the edge of my seat, I felt that a lot of the tension and character build up was very hollow. It felt very formulaic and prescriptive an...more
Reen
Not a bad read. Lots of terrorists, bombings and TFLAC alpha's!
Beth
Fantastic addition to the T-FLAC series! Wonderful characters that had flaws but it only made them more real. Strong, non-stop, nail biting action kept me riveted to the pages! Hot and steamy romance made me want to stay longer.

Jacquie

Loved this book, Navarro and Honey were dynamite together!
Laurie
Cherry did it again, so fabulous.
Sunny
Four stars for Raphael....
Wendy Hines
I've not read Cherry's T-FLAC series before, and I know now that I've been missing out on something great. I love romantic suspense, and Ice Cold is one of the best I've read this year. Rafael is a black ops operative and he knows there is no room in his life for a meaningful relationship. He lives for his job and he wouldn't want to get a woman involved with the danger that surrounds him everyday.

Honey is a computer hacker and she's very good at her job. She's a fellow operative and specialize...more
Ashley Dawn
This was a great read. Honey is known throughout TFLAC as the Ice Princess. She is a cybercrimes specialist which means she is the best on computers TFLAC has. Rafael is the 'bomb whisperer' and lives his life bold and somewhat reckless. When the two of them come together for an Op, sparks fly and the Ice Princess may just melt. Someone blowing up buildings and targeting them. Honey and Rafael must move fast to stop this, no matter how personal it gets.
I completely enjoyed these characters. Each...more
Tina
T-Flac is back! I have never been disappointed in any of the books that I’ve read by Cherry. I like how she builds the suspense up so you think you know what will happen or who the culprit is and you find out you guessed it wrong. But the best is that you don’t figure it out when you’re only halfway through the book.

Rafael lost his wife while they were on an undercover operation together and knew he’d never watch another woman to be tortured due to his job. He is not happy when the help he need...more
Amanda
I hadn't realized how much I missed the T-FLAC books until I read this one! Although I have been enjoying Adair's interim series, I do really love the true T-FLAC books - and this one brings us right back into it.

I am also so, so, so glad that there was no paranormal aspect to this book like she did with a few previous T-FLAC books, which is normally something I do not really mind, but they just did not fit into this world. This book reminded me of the beginning books of the series, and made me...more
Aurian Booklover
The book starts with action, when Honey Winston discovers her boss murdered and she has to fight for her own life in the dark. Her enemy seems to know all her moves, and it ends in a standstill, both with their guns pressed to the other’s head. Who will pull the trigger first? Then he clicks on the light, and she recognizes Rafael Navarro. This does not mean that she lowers her weapon, as he could very well have killed her boss. Rafael convinces her he just arrived, and thought her the murderer,...more
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Double Danger (A-Tac, #6)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Under Fire (Elite Force, #3)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • I Dream of Danger (Ghost Ops, #2)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea...more
More about Cherry Adair...
Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6) Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) Undertow (Cutter Cay #1) The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1) Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)