Start by marking “Tritium Gambit” as Want to Read:
Tritium Gambit
Preview

Tritium Gambit

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Intergalactic Secret Service Agent Maximus Anderson is a trouble magnet. Oh, he's fine, but every single one of his former partners is either dead, disabled, or permanently stinks of Krylian boar spray.

Fresh-out-of-the-Academy Agent Miranda Smith thinks she's hot stuff, but she's already lost her first partner and is headed toward trouble magnet territory herself.

Now, in h
Published January 22nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Tritium Gambit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tritium Gambit

J.L. Dobias
Jan 16, 2014 J.L. Dobias rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: SFF fans heavy on the fantasy with suspension of reality
Shelves: book-shelf-10
Tritium Gambit (Max and Miranda) By Erik Hyrkas

I've said it before and I'll continue saying that humor is subjective and so are novels like this when they are slathered in it. This one also contains a lot of pop references. And the novel itself reads like a redo of Men in Black movies. Add in a little Buckaroo Banzi and Howard the Duck.

The plot if fairly simple; Max and Miranda are the two loose cannons of the Intergalactic Secret Service. They hunt down aliens that land on earth with the intent
Jennifer Beasley
The story was very fast-paced, which was made it more interesting to read. I felt there were too many cliches and references to pop culture. If the story takes place as part of an intergallactic allegiance, it seems as if some of the references and connections were too Earth-related.

The writing style and wording got to be overly repetitive at certain points, as well. It seems like the writer is fairly inexperienced, so the relationships and conflicts were a little superficial and underdeveloped
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Tritium Gambit by Erik Hyrkas is a science fiction tale featuring Intergalactic secret service agents Max and Miranda. The Intergalactic Secret Service is here to protect the unknowing and unaware humans from aliens. Each having lost or incapacitated their previous partners, Max and Miranda are thrown together and ordered up to Minnesota to investigate a ping - a potential problem with aliens. The chapters alternate between each character's point of view.

Tritium Gambit could be described as: pa
Clarke
I'm a big fan of paranormal and science fiction so I was excited when I found this free book. The concept and story line was good the delivery lacked just about everything. I'm not sure if the author thought Max and Miranda were funny but they came off as dumb and unprepared (think bull in china shop + clueless girl). I would hope that if an Intergalactic Secret Service existed Max and Miranda wouldn't make it out of the academy. There was however plenty of action. They couldn't stay out of trou ...more
Caddy Rowland
I enjoyed this book and found it to have a good pace. Max and Miranda are both quite likable. Some of humor seemed out of place. That wasn't enough to make me dislike it, though. Nicely written and professional appearance. I also thought the settings and time were described well. I got a solid picture of where they were and what was happening all of the time.

*Note: I am also an author. Since I am a reader, too, I leave reviews on books I enjoy. The author did not ask for a review. If for some re
Michele bookloverforever
alien agents protecting earth people from predatory aliens. some hilarity. a pairing of 2 somewhat jinxed agents as partners. both have had bad luck with priot partners being badly injured or dying during past missions. 2 bad agents who break the law and keep trying to kill the new partners. not bad. I'd like to read the next if there is a next one. The format is a little confusing as each partner has a chapter. partner 1, them partner 2, then partner 1, then partner 2...since the 2 partners are ...more
Karen
It was cute, but not a real page turner for me - fine for a freebie from Amazon, though. I liked the chapters switching between the voices of the two main characters, Max and Miranda, but some of the pop culture references felt forced (did we really need two Princess bride references?!) I felt that it could be better with some editing and guidance. I agree with a another reviewer who said it was "linear" and they too kept "waiting for a big climax that never came."
Tom
Defending the Earth from colossal alien monsters takes highly trained, exceptionally competent, and above all, amazingly well armed intergalactic agents. Sadly, the north woods of Minnesota have to make do with Max and Miranda who fall slightly short on all three counts. Tritium Gambit is a great little roller coaster comic adventure that doesn't take itself or the fate of the human race too seriously.
Jessica
There were some very funny parts in this story, and a lot of potential. However the plot felt very linear and forced sometimes. I kept waiting for a big climax that never came.

A full review will come soon.
Eileen
A fun sci-fi freebie. (Watch the Amazon Kindle freebie sites!) Better editing than most of the $0.00 books I've been reading.
Robyn
Fun book with lots of goofy humor...a little romance...lots of action. Can't wait for the next Max and Miranda adventure! :-)
Dan
Dumb book. Mildly amusing. Not worth my time giving it a review.
Corey
For the price (free) well worth the read. This book is not an instant masterpiece, yet is a fun little story. I was tempted to stop reading it after about 3 chapters, but I try to make it a habit of finishing any book I start no matter how much I might dislike the beginning. In this case I'm glad I did.

The back and forth first-person was a little bit of a turn-off at first, but it was a style I came to accept and think I even enjoyed by the end of the book. I'm not sure what kind of history this
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
El-Chacham
El-Chacham marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ted Mathews
Ted Mathews is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Lori Carlson
Lori Carlson marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Angie
Angie is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Chrissy Dillon
Chrissy Dillon marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Cymbrogi
Cymbrogi marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Justin Miller
Justin Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Erik lives in Minnesota with his two children. He enjoys different creative outlets including sketching, developing computer games, and writing stories. His hobbies include flying small planes, camping, hunting, fishing, and playing massively multiplayer online roleplaying games on Friday nights. He was raised in Ely, Minnesota and went to college in Duluth.
More about Erik Hyrkas...
Mercury's Curse