Orlin's Fall (Planetary Submissives, #2)

Orlin's Fall (Planetary Submissives #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Book two in the Planetary Submissives Series Orlin didn't know when he put himself up for sale that he would be responsible for changing a kingdom. Broke and homeless, Orlin puts himself up for sale as a pet. Approached by his new Master, Orlin decides maybe being owned by a gorgeous king wouldn't be fate worse than death. He doesn't expect to become the one person who cha...more
ebook, 1st Editions, 61 pages
Published March 12th 2012 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Orlin's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orlin's Fall

Serena Yates
This second book in the series continues the trend of mated royals. This time a poor prince needs to sell himself so he can survive. He doesn’t expect to gain his magical abilities, which is only supposed to happen when he finds his mate. The surprise when he not only discovers his talent but also has the ‘king tattoo’ is significant and the fact his new master doesn’t even believe in magic promises a lot of fun right from the start.

Orlin discovers he is more self-sufficient than he believes. He...more
Steph
Orlin's Fall, the second book in Kell's Planetary Submissives series, introduces us to Orlin. Unlike Chalice, in Chalice, Orlin puts himself up for sale as a pet because he is broke.
Left with no money and few practical skills, Orlin was going with a time-honored beautiful-people tradition ... and catching himself a sugar daddy. According to house rules, all but ten percent of the money raised in his auction went to Orlin after five years of service.
And, he should be worth a pretty penny becaus...more
Emily
I love this series. I love the idea of it, the new universe, love, love, love it. That being said, these books need to be longer. As I wrote on my review of the first book, the story suffers due to its shorter length. So much happens in so little time that I feel disconnected from the story. I feel like I got just the bare bones of the story, not the fleshed out version I wanted. There are all these conspiracies and plot twists and by the end of the book, I was left feeling lost, like I missed a...more
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 Hearts

Review first posted at MM Good Book Reviews

Orlin sells himself at auction as a pet after his parents die and he is left with nothing. Orlin hopes that life, as a pet, won’t be too bad and after his term of service, he will have the money he needs to start a new life. But, he never expected to be sold to his mate. Aester follows the advice of the seer and goes to the auction where Orlin is on the auction block. The first look he gets of Orlin an...more
Phaney
May 22, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Awww. This was so cute and funny that I want to cuddle it. Granted, it wasn’t high literature or even medium-level, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and that makes it so much better to me.
Here we had kind-hearted good guys with impeccable morals on the one side, and one-dimensional, evil villains on the other. Such fun! :D

I also snagged a quotation because it does not rely on any context and made me laugh out loud when I came across it.

His father had had the ability to control fire a
Stefanie139
Apr 08, 2012 Stefanie139 rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: not-my-beer
This book just didn't work for me. Unlike the other reviewers, I found the style mediocre at best, aside from Orlin the characters were one-dimensional, and the story was contrived. I liked that Orlin wasn't the typical damsell-in-distress, but the rest was just flat. The bad guys are stupid (and ugly), the good guys are gorgeous (some of them are stupid, too, but that's not my point). At one point I laughed out loud when SPOILER conveniently the whole royal family was murdered and Orin suddenly...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A book with a lot of promise but doesn't really deliver strongly enough. It is too surface. I loved the idea - and what is hotter than a man who has to sell himself as a slave even though he might be a King due to poverty? And a King buys him? Hot damn! However here the characters just don't have enough substance. The plot (and it is good) doesn't get fleshed out enough to make it fascinating. I enjoyed the first book in the series and actually this was the one I really wanted to read. Too much...more
Anna May
Excellent writing like always. She does know how to play with words. Plot wise: predicable. Entertaining enough for an easy read but there were no twists and turns, no conflict between the two main lovers, nothing to really engage me at all.

Otherwise, I would mark it an easy way to pass the time. I did enjoy it; loved curling up with it after a long day at work and it was definitly a better way to spend my time than listen to my actual lecture! LOL

Write more, please. :)
Diane
i liked this one even better than the first book, mostly because Orlin broke my heart in the first chapter!

Both lead characters had such heart, and although they were looking for the same thing, they did not know that at the beginning because they were so cautious with each other, not sure who to trust and afraid to get hurt!

Great story, great series!
Rachel
Second in the series; this story isn't related to the first; Orlin decides to put himself up for sale because he is broke.

Another quick read with enjoyable characters, with very light BDSM. My problem with this series after reading the first two books is the length; I really feel that the story and characters could be fleshed out some more.
Mandy Beyers
3.5 stars - I thoroughly enjoyed this story about a penniless royal looking for a "sugar daddy" and the young king looking for a pet to fulfill his country's requirements. Because of the length of the story, the romance and suspense story lines both wrapped quickly, but it was still a fun read by one of my favorite authors.
Neira_yen
The second book of Planetary Submissives Series. It's obviously better than the first. Still a bit too short but warped up nicely.

Gotta love the three princes. They're funny and totally loveable. Orlin is also smart.

This book worth 4 stars.
Da'ad
Meh. Though the idea was nice and all. Even the characters were likeable. It could have been so much more, but I guess it was too short to really allow much plot or character development. Still...cute.
Olivia
Kell's books would be so much better if she would just expand and go into detail! These are interesting characters and they would be so much better if they had a world truly built for them.
Maya
An interesting story that is wrapped up too fast to be anything but forgettable. I am dissapointed by this because there is a lot of potential to this series that is never lived up to.
Tj
This was a pretty typical plot. While the plot wasn't original, I still enjoyed the read. It's just an uncomplicated, happy read when I need the lift:)
Azure Jones
Short sweet entertaining science fiction paranormal tale. I loved all the characters, cliches and all. I will definitely reread this one.
Noughty
A little too shallow. It desperately needs additional pages - development. Some illogical actions, too fast.
Sabine
I liked it very much. Short but nice story.
Whitelily_azn
I love the story but it was too short.
Clover
it was fun to read....
dx
Mar 15, 2012 dx rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
1.5
Letty
Letty marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lena
Lena added it
Aug 08, 2014
  • Crank's Craving (Lady Blue Crew, #6)
  • Hot in Here
  • Why Jay Ran Away (Contact, #3)
  • Second Chances (Elite Force #1)
  • Nighttime Wishes (Nighttime Wishes, #1)
  • Love's Crash Landing
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
  • Dealing With the Dead (The Thompson Agency, #1)
  • The Viking In My Bed (Lightning Strikes, #1)
  • Night Terrors (Night Wardens #1)
  • Oscar (Leopard's Spots, #2)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)