Start by marking “Tor (Werewolf Fight League #1)” as Want to Read:
Tor (Werewolf Fight League #1)

Tor (WereWolf Fight League #1)

To the Werewolf Fight League, Tor is a champion fighter. To his master, he’s nothing more than a slave. When Tor’s mate Jin is killed in a brutal cage fight, Tor never wants to fight again. His master, Marrack has other plans for him.

Sky is a beautiful young sex slave, trained to perform sex on whoever buys him. But Sky is special; he’s a virgin and the man who owns him wi
Published April 2nd 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Tor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tor

Maya
Apr 03, 2012 Maya rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
Tor by Lynn Lorenz
WereWolf Fight League, Book 1
3 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Despite the warning in the blurb, this is not a dark and gritty read. The first chapter does have about two paragraph that were difficult and the rest of the book is pretty angst free.
as a matter of fact, it is quite fluffy in some portions of this book.

Tor's mate is raped and killed in front of him by an insane challenger and he loses his will to fight. No unmated weres will fight so his owner, Maddoc
Simsala
So Yaoi - a small shy uke, a big-bad-wolf seme, silly story, boring sex...`nough said... ...more
Serena Yates
Apr 03, 2012 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This is a werewolf story with a slightly different plot, but having werewolves as professional fighters, somewhere in the future, actually makes a weird kind of sense. With the way sports are going, and professional wrestling is already fairly big in certain circles, I can see how ‘discovering’ werewolves might lead to them being used for ‘entertainment’. It is also a brutal story, right from the very start. This vision of the future is a very harsh world, reminding me of what Roman gladiators m ...more
Ami
Despite the violent tone of the blurb, this actually is NOT that dark. In fact the violent/rape scene is only on the first chapter, and pretty quick too, probably a couple of paragraph.

The rest of the story is pretty much sweet.

Sky is a virgin sex slave who has been given a deal for freedom. All he has to do is to make Tor, the werewolf fighter who lost his mate on a previous fight, to claim and mate Sky, and go back to the ring to fight.

So, after that first chapter, everything quickly turns
Heather♥
Apr 05, 2012 Heather♥ rated it liked it
This book was not as gritty as I was hoping for, based on the blurb, so I was a little disappointed. The first chapter sucked me in because I was distressed about the death of Tor's first mate Jin, even though we knew nothing about him. Tor's anguish over his loss (and witnessing his death) was palpable. But someone needs to explain to me why Tor's challenger Cosack was allowed to claim Jin in the first place. It was undisputed that weapons were illegal in a cage match, so when it became clear t ...more
Christy Duke
I really enjoyed this different take on werewolves. In this authors world, the were's are cage fighters, the ones with mates are the defenders and the others are challengers. The defenders and their mates are in the ring and the defender fights to protect his mate from being taken by the challenger. It was really pretty exciting.

Tor is the reigning champion but hasn't fought in six months ever since his mate was killed in the ring. His owner buys him a very expensive, virgin slave boy, to convin
Betryal
Mar 13, 2012 Betryal rated it it was amazing
❂ Endless
Jul 24, 2012 ❂ Endless rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-m-m
Far too much sex.
But...it was a sex-athon with a plot...kinda...
Melanie~~
Oct 26, 2013 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
Yeah, I really liked this story. I know the books I choose and enjoy and rate high are not generally within the mainstream of M/M Romance as it would appear with the M/M Romance group I am a member of, but I really make no apologies. I like what I like. I read for enjoyment. I enjoy some things more than others. And I generally really enjoy growly, protective alpha shifters.

Tor is one big, growly, protective alpha shifter and I really loved reading him. I really love when big powerful men dote o
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 03, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal, ebook
This was a cute story about slaves and werewolves who fight to keep challengers from taking their claimed mates. Tor was a current champion fighter when his mate, Jin, was killed after a lost fight. In order to get To back into the ring, Tor's owner decides to buy another slave to be his mate, thus giving him a new reason to fight again.

Mates are not werewolves, and Tor's new potential mate, Sky, is an 18 year old trained, but virgin, sex slave. He is sweet and innocent, yet eager and willing to
Lexi Ander
Apr 13, 2012 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
In a world were there are cage matches where enslaved shifters fight for, or in defense of, a mate. Owners can make money hand over fist if they have a winning mated pair. But if the were losses the match, the challenger takes and claims the mate right there on national television. There are not may rules in the cage fight but when an insane challenger sneaks in a knife and stabs Tor and kills his mate, Tor looses everything good in his life. In a ploy to get Tor back in the ring, his owner buys ...more
pbj
Apr 11, 2012 pbj rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up to 3.
Interesting fantasy world-building of a gladiatorial slave culture that enslaves werewolves to battle in the 'cage' in defense of their mates. A little weak on logic at times. (What exactly are the rules to this 'sport'?) And a little heavy on the warrior/twink trope, but overall an o.k. read.
I did have an issue with one of the sex scenes, but that's just a personal squick. No sex with animals please - I don't care that he's a werewolf - wolf parts plus human parts equals yuc
Angelica
Oct 29, 2013 Angelica rated it liked it
The beginning of this book sucked me in, but after that it turned out to be a very sweet story that didn't correspond much with the world being portrayed. There were also some aspects of this world that were left unexplained. The story concentrated mostly on the MC's relationship, and the plot suffered because of it.

This book had a great premise, but I didn't enjoy the way it was carried out.
Beck
I really struggled to get into this one and I don't feel like my efforts were rewarded ... the story started with a bang and I thought I was going to get a gritty, meaty piece of writing but after the prologue, it petered out to tofu-esque meh-ness ... shallow and sophomoric with limited world or character building.
Annelise Lestrange
This book surprised me in a very good way. I didn't expect it to be so damn good and deep.

Tor was a sweetie and I myself wanted to hit Sky sometimes. I mean, yes, he is lovely, but he is also a brat .-.

Can't wait to see what's happening on the next volume!
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Jul 27, 2013 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: source-calibre
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. Normally the whole slave thing isn't my cup of tea, but I really liked the werewolf aspect of this one and I think it really added something!
Dennie
Nov 18, 2013 Dennie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
Shannon
Mar 26, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
A 3 star read that I gave an extra star for making me weepy twice. Great beginning to a series about Were slaves that cage fight and the mates that help them in the ring. Very sweet!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Maya
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
HeatherTX
A great read, loved the storyline and the characters were perfect for each other and what an ending! I will read the rest of the series as they come out!
Penumbra
Tor was chosen for me as my October 2013 ‘Dusty Bookshelf Challenge’ over at the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics group. The story is told in third person through the eyes of both Tor and Sky.

(view spoiler)
Sarah Briggs
Nov 04, 2013 Sarah Briggs rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

I liked this book more than I expected I would, since I fully expected it to just be a male/male erotic romance with very little plot.

This book was definitely graphic when it came to the romance scenes, but at the same time, there was a plot that made it easy to identify with the characters.

I felt that Sky and Tor were particularly well-written characters and I really felt for Tor at the beginning of the book, after what happened with Jin. It was really easy to
Larena
Jan 05, 2014 Larena rated it it was amazing
Paranormal, Futuristic

Tor is a champion fighter in the Werewolf Fight League. Though to his master he is just a slave. When Tor’s mate is killed in a cage fight that proves exceptionally brutal Tor loses his will to fight ever again. His master, Marrack has other ideas on the subject.

Sky is a young sex slave that has been trained to please whoever buys him. Sky is very special in that he is still a virgin and the one that ultimately owns him is going to be very lucky.

Marrack buys Sky for Tor i
Joyfully Jay
Dec 20, 2013 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: melanie
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

I have to admit I approached this story with some trepidation. I am a fan of Lynn Lorenz. Her Rougaroux Bayou werewolves and her New Orleans stories are always found on my Must Read lists of recommendations. I normally shy away from fiction with a slave element, especially those with scenes of rape. But a series with werewolves fighting in a sort of gladiator werewolf fight league caught my interest and I just had to know how
Kazza
Apr 06, 2012 Kazza rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
The books warnings may have you thinking this is a dark book. Don't be put off by that if it worries you because it isn't. It is, in fact, really quite sweet (after the inital scene, which isn't long).

3 stars because the characters aren't fleshed out quite enough to get that absolute emotional connection I need, and the final fight is too coincidental, a longer book would have been required to make it work properly. However, the book's characters, primary and secondary, are enjoyable and I wante
Ken Murphy
Oct 31, 2014 Ken Murphy rated it really liked it
I had the privilege of meeting Lynn Lorenz last month, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her. I was intrigued with the idea of a werewolf as a fighting slave, a gladiator of sorts. So, I purchased Tor. I wasn't disappointed.

In the beginning, we have Tor. He is a slave, his primary purpose is to fight. He is seriously injured and looses his mate in a rigged match. Next enters Sky, a sex slave, trained to serve in a different way. The two men are forced into a relationship neither one wants. I
Trish
3.5 and I enjoyed this more than I thought. The opening scene had me re-think my Bingo Book this round but glad I stuck with Tor. (side note I met Lynn Lorenz at GRL and I instantly liked her. You can see her love for what she does right on her face. She loves her stories, loves her characters and just loves to write etc. And she was respectful to her fans and that goes a long way with me :D)

As I said the story starts out brutal and heartbreaking with regards to Tor's mate Jin. But the main sto
Sian
Jun 05, 2012 Sian rated it did not like it
I personally go to read romance and similar books because it's a nice, easy read which I know is going to have a relatively happy ending. Even if it's just a HFN. But because I know that's how it's going to end, the execution has to be good for me to keep reading.
With this book I just couldn't finish it. It had a lot of potential to be interesting, and the idea was intriguing, but I felt as if I was being talked down to with the style of writing. The author kept on telling me how the characters
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I should have read this one long ago! Live and learn.

I love stories with pain of all kinds (emotional - physical - doesn't matter). This one had it in spades. It opens quite brutally as someone notes in another review and it doesn't really let up. There are moments where it gets a little lighter, or sexier, but the threads underneath are quite dark and you'd be foolish not to understand that going in. Tor is someone who you cheer on and Sky certainly one you'd like to hug. Both are stronger than
Noughty
May 13, 2012 Noughty rated it liked it
Shelves: warning
Warning. There is sex in shifted form (oral) and I do not mean into some half human/half wolf, but all wolf with a human.

A little too sweet for the theme. I'd wish for some realism and a little less fluffiness since it feels fake. It's about brutal fights, with even more brutal prises/loses and everybody is so sweet it rots your teeth :D. After a really violent/dark start it takes a 180 turn which feels too sudden and out of place. Like beginning doesn't belong to this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Magpie (Avian Shifters, #2)
  • Hajiri's Pet (Midnight Rain #1)
  • Accepting The Impossible (Guide to Armageddon #1.0)
  • Obedience Training (Ian McAllistor #1)
  • Good Bones (Bones #1)
  • Apocalypse (Wolfman #1)
  • More Than a Pet
  • Soldier Mine (Thresl Chronicles, #1)
  • Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
  • Silver/Steel (Arcada #4)
  • I, Omega
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • Broken
  • Solitary
(1)gay romance

I’m from New Orleans, that’s N’awlins for those of you who speak the language. I grew up in the Riverbend, or Carrollton, for the old timers, but was a Quarter rat from the age of 11, taking 3 buses to go to art class on Burgundy Street at the Cabrini Doll Museum and NORD center. I attended Univers
More about Lynn Lorenz...

WereWolf Fight League (2 books)
  • Ashland  (WereWolf Fight League #2)