Start by marking “Running From the Pack” as Want to Read:
Running From the Pack

Running From the Pack

It's never easy staying ahead of the pack, but for Penny, it might just save her life…

ebook, Second Edition, 57 pages
Published February 10th 2012 by Summerhouse Publishing (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Running From the Pack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running From the Pack

Talltree
Sep 27, 2015 Talltree rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
3.5 stars!
Nothing To See Here
I bounced between giving this a 3 star rating and a 2 star rating. It wasn't an easy decision, and I take my ratings very importantly because I don't want to do any authors wrong, they work hard to bring us what they believe is excellent reading material. Is it their fault that I may not agree with them?

In the end I had to settle for a 2 (2.5 if you want to be specific - rounding it up to three for the shiny stars benefit).

5 = I fucking loved it, adored it, will re-read it over and over, it's a
Melanie-Smokenator
Oh My Word.
This is apparently one of Mina Carter's first published works. I love it.
We meet Penny that was bitten by a werewolf. She is on the run from her previous pack alpha, Jimmy who is just a no-good idiot who want to oppress everyone in the pack by pain and violence.

Penny is an alpha she-wolf, but everyone has kept her in the dark. She lives in a little town in the middle of nowhere in the hopes to keep safe. Problem is she is going into her heat and she is going through it with no male t
Timeforme
Main Characters:
Penny - A werewolf on the run from an abusive Alpha
Cade Steel - A lone wolf who wants to help her

Synopsis:
Since ditching her pack after an offer she “couldn't” refuse from her tyrannical pack alpha, Penny’s been on the run. Always on the move, she never stays in one place for long, avoiding other werewolves like the plague. As the full moon approaches, this one brings with it her toughest challenge yet—her heat phase. And so, rather than letting her animal instincts rule, to forc
Melanie-Smokenator
Jul 23, 2014 Melanie-Smokenator rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome
Oh My Word.
This is apparently one of Mina Carter's first published works. I love it.

Paula
Sep 21, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing
Yeah! After reading the reviews I was hesitant but being the stubborn person that I am I have found after some time that I don't agree with all of the reviews I read. I bought it anyway and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed this story a lot. It is definitely up my favorite genre alley and had some Hot Steamy scenes. Phew, fan-fan-fan. Penny's Ex-Pack Alpha Big Jimmy really had some psycho ideas going on in his pack. Lucky for Penny Cade came along when he did(in more ways than one). I recommend ...more
Erin Kyle
Jun 22, 2013 Erin Kyle rated it it was amazing
I rarely give 5* ratings, but this story really impressed me. Carter managed to fit a lot of solid story elements into what appears to be a short-ish story.

Characters are believable (for the most part -- Penny's change of heart toward Cade is a bit fast, but that's really my only complaint...), it's deliciously steamy (ahem), the plot doesn't overstay its welcome (though I do wish Carter would've added an Epilogue), the closure is satisfactory, and the HEA is awesome.

Yeah, definitely a good read
Louise Nunn
Jun 26, 2015 Louise Nunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and gripping, absolute must read!

This book is highly readable with a story that moves at a really good pace. The characters are strong and easy to identify with. The storyline was relatable and interesting. I mean she's on the run, she thinks she's got her past behind her, and then life surprises her. Penny is a strong female character and Mina Carter writes her characters with flaws and strengths. I loved this story and I highly recommended it!
Amber
Oct 29, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Fast paced with some edge of your seat action, this was one fun and sexy read! I adore Mina Carter's books and this one was no different. I really liked Penny. She's very strong and feisty. Cade's this sexy and mysterious guy that you just crave to know more about. I loved his protectiveness of Penny. They definitely made for an extremely hot pair.
This was a great read and I would love for Mina to revisit these characters someday.
Jodie Bivins
Finding love the hard way

I am told this is an early work of Mina's and you can only tell because of some of the phrases used in the story. The overall story I loved. If it weren't trying to understand some of the other this book would have received a five star rating. The only thing missing is where Penny finds out she is an alpha female.
Farah
Jun 09, 2015 Farah rated it it was ok
Shelves: books
BAM BAM BAM The plot and characters were alright but everything was incredibly rushed. The whole thing progressed as fast as bullets .. okay not that fast DUH but something like that. I didn't get to know the characters that well but Penny and Cade had good chemistry. The villain was extremely one dimensional though.
Angel
Mar 16, 2013 Angel rated it it was amazing
More ,,, more,,, more !
I really need more of this book and the delicious Alpha Cade <3 ;)

OhMyGod!! I really don't get what all the medium or bad reviews are all about because this book is Awesome !

I loved it and honestly wish this was a series or the book was longer 'cause I'm desperate to have ,,, MORE!!! ;)
Kristy
I'm stumped on what rating to give this. I liked the story, but I thought it was a little rushed. There is only so much you can do with a short story and I thought there was too much being crammed into this story. The two characters went from being very independent to loving each other over night. I thought they needed a little more relationship building or something.
Charlene
Nov 02, 2013 Charlene rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, romance-shifter
Mina Carter is a great author, but the prices charged for her short books make me carefully consider whether to buy or not-and "not" wins more than she probably would prefer. I expect to be bowled over by a story to justify the purchase, and some of the books just haven't "wowed" me enough.
Nenya
Dec 31, 2015 Nenya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
h on the run from V. H finds her, shags her, bcos if h doesn't get shagged she'll turn feral or whatever. then villain and his goons find them, fight with the H, who kills the V cos he's bigger and more badass... and oh, they're having pups... not too bad. but not that great either.
April
This was a really interesting read. It had some really rough and rather violent scenes. Aside from that there is plenty of steam and growly alphaness in this book! I would be interested in seeing this become a series to see what happens next!
Leslie
Dec 24, 2015 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I enjoyed reading Penny and Cade's story, but I was left feeling there were pieces missing. Otherwise it was a good story. I liked the characters and there interactions, as well as the premise of the story. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
zoegrl
A bit different, Penny's a wolf turned because she was bitten. Living alone because her new Pack Alpha is crazy & mean, so she's pretty much on the run.

I love a good fight, working at putting down the bad guys! Good should always win in the end. :-)

Enjoy!! I did!
Tauri
Jul 07, 2016 Tauri rated it it was ok
Same as all the rest. The story is there but the author just stops developing it and rushes to end it as soon as possible.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Nov 17, 2014 Wendy coling ( trowbridge) rated it it was amazing
Penny is running from the pack but cade finds her. He helps her in heat but pack finds her and case saves day. Good story.
Tracey
Tracey rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Ria2ali
Ria2ali rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Veronica Catskills
Veronica Catskills rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Tet
Tet rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Sahara
Sahara rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • Taming Olivia (Terra-form #2)
  • Crying Wolf: Black River Pack 1 (Fated Mates, #1)
  • Losing Control (Corporate Wolves, #2)
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Insatiable (Luecross Wolves, #2)
  • Steam (Triple Trouble, #.5)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Laurie's Loves (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #1)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
  • Taken by Her Mate (Northern Silver Pack, #1)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Mate of Her Heart (Wilde Creek, #1)
  • Fierce
  • Casualties of Love
  • Wild (Devils Point Wolves, #1)
2920063
Want 3 FREE ebooks? Sign up to my newsletter - http://mina-carter.com/newsletter/

Back to your regularly scheduled bio ;)

Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use
More about Mina Carter...